Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there any excuse or reason for not hearing "The Word"?
Yes, it could easily happen and is excusable 5 20.83%
Yes, but only in very rare and exceptional circumstances 1 4.17%
No, there is simply no excuse, "The Word" is how we will be judged 5 20.83%
The Word is not how we will be judged anyway/ or we cease to exist 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:31 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
there it is again
"the Way"
I suppose you think Taoists are controlling and a cult. Did you pay ANY attention to what "The Way" means to me and many followers of Christ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 05:31 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'm happy to hear you describe the origin of the cosmos this way, though it seems to simply be a semantic game, relabeling concepts for which we already have names, much like another poster here does on a regular basis. But, then, you suggest that this "God", "Universe", or "we don't know" has agency, suggesting that we do know the attributes of this existence.
I am not sure how anybody can claim that a phenomenon, such as agency, does NOT exist in a supposed dead world of chemical and physical processes which themselves bespeak of pre-determined actions, let alone our clear and unambiguous agency as conscious beings. What IS the survival instinct that drives life and evolution? How is it different from the so-called determinant processes we call chemical and physical interactions? What is the source of this determinacy (or indeterminacy)? Labeling them "natural" does NOT explain a thing.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:48 PM

22,221 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I suppose you think Taoists are controlling and a cult. Did you pay ANY attention to what "The Way" means to me and many followers of Christ?
I am just pointing out when someone talks about "The Way"
instead of, for instance a way, or their way, or one way.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:19 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
I would be very interested in hearing from the four individuals who voted, "No, there is simply no excuse, "The Word" is how we will be judged." I've been sitting here trying to understand how someone who lived in China in the year 300 B.C. could possibly have heard "The Word." Maybe I'm just really dense, but I'm honestly clueless. Please enlighten me.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
I read nate's description of the The Way as a sort of re-statement of the Golden Rule and a distillation of what he believes is the essential message of Jesus/Christianity.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:15 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:

You shouldn't argue that Nate is in the way, it is exactly this that makes Nate and proves what he is.

''The way''

The way is the broad way by which EVERY ONE comes to God, there in the broad way of the outer court of Gentiles which is called the outer court of darkness.

There is a huge sign which stand in the court that reads,'' No Gentile past this point.''

All the Gentiles stand in the way, sometimes you have to tell them to move away from the entrance of the door.

That entrance can only be entered by Ephraim and Judah, and we know that Judah is Jews, and we know that Ephraim is a Gentile who repents of his involvement with any other God, this Gentile accepts the law and he converts to Judaism.{Nobody is excluded, But God wont force you to accept his religion, He wont force you to become Israel}

He doesn't have to convert if he is standing in the broad way, you can stand in the broad way and speak against the laws of Moses and still be standing in the outer court, the court is not the Temple. The Temple is in 2 sections, the Holy place and the Holy of Holies, and while the whole world may have their salvation in the outer court, it is not a part of the Temple proper that only Israel may enter into.

He says correctly that he is in the way.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-18-2017 at 08:25 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I would be very interested in hearing from the four individuals who voted, "No, there is simply no excuse, "The Word" is how we will be judged." I've been sitting here trying to understand how someone who lived in China in the year 300 B.C. could possibly have heard "The Word." Maybe I'm just really dense, but I'm honestly clueless. Please enlighten me.
Tao te Ching Translates as "The Book of the Way" and it is probably the closest text (at least that I have run across to what Jesus taught as the Way. Don't conflate the Christ and Jesus; Jesus embodied the Christ in His day and time and was the most perfect expression of the Christ that I have heard of, but that spirit spoke and speaks to everyone, and some listen. The Way is about living in community with a concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation as basis, and drive to community can be felt and followed by anyone anywhere however imperfectly. Remember what Paul said about those gentiles who did the things of the Law without the Law.

If you feel that is indicative of an narrow mind or a cult, I have nothing more to say.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You shouldn't argue that Nate is in the way, it is exactly this that makes Nate and proves what he is.

''The way''

The way is the broad way by which EVERY ONE comes to God, there in the broad way of the outer court of Gentiles which is called the outer court of darkness.

There is a huge sign which stand in the court that reads,'' No Gentile past this point.''

All the Gentiles stand in the way, sometimes you have to tell them to move away from the entrance of the door.

That entrance can only be entered by Ephraim and Judah, and we know that Judah is Jews, and we know that Ephraim is a Gentile who repents of his involvement with any other God, this Gentile accepts the law and he converts to Judaism.{Nobody is excluded, But God wont force you to accept his religion, He wont force you to become Israel}

He doesn't have to convert if he is standing in the broad way, you can stand in the broad way and speak against the laws of Moses and still be standing in the outer court, the court is not the Temple. The Temple is in 2 sections, the Holy place and the Holy of Holies, and while the whole world may have their salvation in the outer court, it is not a part of the Temple proper that only Israel may enter into.

He says correctly that he is in the way.

True...Peace

Old 08-18-2017, 08:43 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
A Jew comes offering Gentiles to convert to Judaism, he is offering them a thing that any Jew could offer.

He is offering to give his name to Gentiles who come and convert to Judaism to become one with Jews that the whole world would be filled with the knowledge of the Lord.

For a brief moment in History, a Jew caused such an uproar that many Gentiles converted to Judaism so much so, that the numbers of Gentiles attending Synagogue with Jews 40 years later became a problem, and Rome was terrified because so many Gentile were making pilgrimages to Jerusalem where they had forgotten all the pilgrimages to Rome and all the gods of Rome.

The citizens of Rome becoming Christian was a catastrophe for Rome but when the great synagogue burned and the fire blamed on Gentile converts to Judaism, it was the one wedge that would separate the Jew from the Gentile convert.

The Jew Hater Hadrian comes at the fall of Jerusalem and makes a deal with the Greek Orthodox to take over the synagogues of the Jews before the fire. These Greek Orthodox agree with Rome in an effort from keeping converts of Judaism from making pilgrimages to Jerusalem for the feasts of Messiah, they accepted the Saturnalia in place of Sukkot.

Hadrian turned the synagogues over to the Greek Orthodox and exiled the Jews from the Synagogues.

WHY SHOULD A CHRISTIAN ALREADY KNOW THIS?

THIS WAS THE END OF THE COVENANT BETWEEN JEW AND GENTILES, THE END OF THE COVENANT OF JESUS, A JEW, WHO BROUGHT THE COVENANT.

From then on, there IS NO covenant because the church sat out to kill Ephraim, and Ephraim is a Gentile who is co heir with a Jew, and this Gentile attends the Jewish synagogues, when Hadrian gave the Greek the Jewish synagogues, this is the history of the church whether people know it or not.

That was the end of the covenant, at this point, no Gentiles are joining Jews, and those Gentiles who had already converted, they became Jews and died alongside Jews.

Rome had ended the first Christianity, if somebody claims that Christianity carried on for 2000 years, I am going to assure you, that there has been NO EPHRAIM all these years. Jews stood alone, if you were a Gentile who believed in Jesus, you went and lived among Jews, that's all.

Church history ENDS when the Pagan Roman Christians ENDED EPHRAIM,

The Jews stood alone in a covenant alone and there was NO CO_HEIR, if there was a single Gentile who became a co heir, it is because he went and lived amongst Jews because he chose to put a target between his eyes for God.

Christianity has been dead for 2000 years, but I tell you, that now I am alive.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:36 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,696,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not sure how anybody can claim that a phenomenon, such as agency, does NOT exist in a supposed dead world of chemical and physical processes which themselves bespeak of pre-determined actions, let alone our clear and unambiguous agency as conscious beings. What IS the survival instinct that drives life and evolution? How is it different from the so-called determinant processes we call chemical and physical interactions? What is the source of this determinacy (or indeterminacy)? Labeling them "natural" does NOT explain a thing.
Simply because individuals in a container have agency doesn't mean the container itself has agency. To extrapolate that to the container, one would need to presuppose the container as the creator of the individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality