Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
no such thing as a bad Christian
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah! Riiiight, you go on believing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
My lifestyle is just fine. Married. Love my spouse, never touched another man. Love my kids. Don't cheat, don't steal, don't do anything evil....just came out of a Pentecostal church of 14 years....maybe thats the problem! Too much brainwashing by the almighty powerful UPC elders! I still believe in Jesus, thanks. I just question the validity of some of the stuff I read in the bible. Mostly the OT.
don't give up!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,828 times
A lot of Pentecostals DO NOT consider UPC as part of the Pentecostal church.

They believe in Jesus only, and dont believe in the Father or the Holy Spirit. Some verses will show you that this is the antichrist.

If you ever go to another church..please READ your bible, and stop using what the pastor say as DOCTRINE.

Many pastors will preach about stuff that is NOT in the bible....like not drinking wine or gambling

Is this true? The part about some seeing the UPC as antichrist....what verses? I am really curious now!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,591,041 times
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

UPC doesnt believe that there is a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
They believe that there's only Jesus...nothing else.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

No you are wrong. They just believe that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. They obviously believe in the father and the son. Not that I am defending them...they annoy me.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Wheee, I'm the antichrist!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Now wait though, they believe that Father Son and Holy Spirit are all found in Jesus. And Jesus was obviously God....You believe that Father Son and Holy Spirit are all 3 in one also....so don't you guys really believe the same thing?

Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Now wait though, they believe that Father Son and Holy Spirit are all found in Jesus. And Jesus was obviously God....You believe that Father Son and Holy Spirit are all 3 in one also....so don't you guys really believe the same thing?
Yes, but they lovvvvvvvvvvvvve arguing semantics.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:36 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,591,041 times
nope.

they dont believe there is a 'separate entity' for the Father or the Holy Spirit.

They believe Jesus was all 3 of them at the same time.

They dont believe that Jesus prayed to the Father in Heaven which contradicts scriptures...

That's why it's the spirit of antichrist.....they deny the Father, and only accept Jesus

Quote:

Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Quote:
I would not burn my children forever no matter what they did. That's love. Eternal torment is just sick.
All Christians (Christian Universalists for example) do not believe in an eternal hell or that the scriptures teach that people will exist in never ending torment. I don't because, for one reason, there are too many scriptures which speak of God's ultimate plan to reconcile to Himself. (Colossians 1:15-20, Romans 8: 18-22), as examples) I agree with whoever said that if God sees all and knows all, He knew that the majority would end up in eternal hell, if eternal hell is true. He then, brought it into existence with the knowledge that people would suffer for all of eternity. God, on the other hand, is love, not hatred which is what eternal hell suggests. No one that I know of chooses to suffer for all of eternity. Jesus taught us to love our enemies and to be perfect like Father who is described as love. I do believe that people will reap what they sow, and that any suffering is for a higher purpose, but I do not believe that the scriptures teach that this is eternal/ never ending suffering. God bless.

Quote:
At the outset of creation, God saw everything He had made, including how it related to the past, present, and future, since He transcends the time realm. What was His conclusion? It was all “indeed” very good. Notice the word “indeed.” How is it possible that God could say all was “indeed very good” knowing eternal woe was the destiny awaiting the vast majority of humanity?
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-03-2008 at 02:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality