Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:39 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,591,041 times

Advertisements

That's like saying we have Bad Holy People.

if they're acting bad then you believe they dont represent the Christian religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah! Riiiight, you go on believing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 02:53 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
That's like saying we have Bad Holy People.

if they're acting bad then you believe they dont represent the Christian religion
They say they are, and they believe they are, and many others believe they are. So for all intents and purposes...THEY ARE.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:06 PM

520 posts, read 896,103 times
Quote:
you would be the 'adopted child' if you were a Christian.

others are considered the 'children of disobedience' who's father is satan.
Does this mean that all those who dont believe in god are the spawn of satan?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:08 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,591,041 times
hmmmm you guys learn quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkpower View Post
Does this mean that all those who dont believe in god are the spawn of satan?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:16 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,437 times
Quote:
hmmmm you guys learn quick!
Too bad we don't believe in Satan either. Is anyone else having flashbacks to Church Lady here? I sure am!

Old 12-03-2008, 03:37 PM

558 posts, read 1,836,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Okay, let me see if I can put this right. People say God loves us like we love our own kids. Now, would any parent have a bunch of kids and say, "you do exactly as I say or I will punish you forever by burning you eternally..." And the fact that he put demons and such down here with the kids that he "loves" so much. Wouldn't that be like putting our own kids in a den of lions? Something doesn't add up here.
Once we become Children of God we are eternally secure. God would NEVER send His children to Hell. That is unbiblical. God will scold us and make our lives miserable in order to teach us a lesson or get us to repent but as a Child of God there is no worry about burning, lol. Would you banish your child for life because they disobeyed you? Most parents would not. God is just and fair. We are going to screw up in our faith just like we did growing up in real life. God is not some kind of demented Boogie-man that gives us salvation and takes it away. Maybe some other god will do that, not the God of the Holy Bible.

John 10:28

Rom 8:15-17

Eph 2:8-9

Gal 3:24-29

Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,172,679 times
So, at which point do you become a Child of God?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1
Okay, let me see if I can put this right. People say God loves us like we love our own kids. Now, would any parent have a bunch of kids and say, "you do exactly as I say or I will punish you forever by burning you eternally..." And the fact that he put demons and such down here with the kids that he "loves" so much. Wouldn't that be like putting our own kids in a den of lions? Something doesn't add up here.
I differ from the majority belief, in that I believe that we are all the offspring of God,

Acts 17

technically being His kids. Some have a different relationship in that these individuals have a Father/son relationship and are being transformed into His image as we seek to please Him. It is like a man who has a child who is obedient, and walks in a different relationship with the child, but who also has a child who is disobedient. God loves the disobedient child also because Jesus died for the disobedient child. He shed His blood for all of us, not just for a select few. So now, I don't see God putting His offspring into a den of lions for all of eternity. What would the purpose be? God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-03-2008 at 04:11 PM..

Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM

520 posts, read 896,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
Once we become Children of God we are eternally secure. God would NEVER send His children to Hell. That is unbiblical. God will scold us and make our lives miserable in order to teach us a lesson or get us to repent but as a Child of God there is no worry about burning, lol. Would you banish your child for life because they disobeyed you? Most parents would not. God is just and fair. We are going to screw up in our faith just like we did growing up in real life. God is not some kind of demented Boogie-man that gives us salvation and takes it away. Maybe some other god will do that, not the God of the Holy Bible.

John 10:28

Rom 8:15-17

Eph 2:8-9

Gal 3:24-29
Ok, what does that make me then? I was raised Lutheran, baptized, confirmed, the whole nine yards. And then i realized that my faith was not my own, began to think for myself on such maters, and the more i thought about it the more i didn't believe. And here i am now, an atheist, or am I not realy an atheist because i was once "god's child"?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkpower View Post
Ok, what does that make me then? I was raised Lutheran, baptized, confirmed, the whole nine yards. And then i realized that my faith was not my own, began to think for myself on such maters, and the more i thought about it the more i didn't believe. And here i am now, an atheist, or am I not realy an atheist because i was once "god's child"?
You may have been baptized, confirmed, gone to church, but did you ever ask Jesus into your heart and forgive you of your sins, did you have true repentance, a real relationship with Jesus? If your answer is no, then you never were a child of the King.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality