Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

But, I LIKE being on here 24/7!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
Living alone and loving it. Glad I'm not hitched up with the OP. No thank you. Plenty of people are living alone and watching TV. ...how dare anyone ask why and degrade them for it. Have nothing better to do than talk about your neighbors on City Data? Go volunteer at a homeless shelter/food line...better use of your time then being on here 24/7.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:15 AM

Don't pick on me, dude.......they won't stop either! Tell them to stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Then stop!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 AM

Go ahead......you might be extremely surprised at how LIKEABLE I am here!!!! If you and the others don't like me, that's cool, I can handle that!
I've been told to "lighten up" and I simply said, "ok".......with a smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
That, right there, is why YOU would NEVER want to be friends with me. I don't drink, I don't party, I don't care for that kind of music...AND I am single and smoke. I do recall the criteria you and your wife have as far as who you'll accept as friends and who you won't. Too bad because IRL I'm a fun person, well liked, respected and DO know how to have fun without all the drinking, etc.. Nobody in my entire life has ever told me I needed to 'lighten up'. But you think I...and everyone on this thread...should.

Too bad we can't do a poll of your neighbors!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:28 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Don't pick on me, dude.......they won't stop either! Tell them to stop!
Quote:
Go ahead......you might be extremely surprised at how LIKEABLE I am here!!!! If you and the others don't like me, that's cool, I can handle that!
I've been told to "lighten up" and I simply said, "ok".......with a smile!
I'm finished casting pearls...!

Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
It's just weird that you don't believe what we are telling you. I would think you might say, "Oh hey, that's an interesting point. I never looked at it that way," or have some self reflection, like, "Oh, I hope I didn't hurt that woman's feelings, I didn't mean to, I was just joking around."

What's REALLY weird is that you relay all of the details of this thread to your wife and then she reports back and has THE EXACT SAME INANE RESPONSES AS YOU. How is that even possible? Are you saying she is as insensitive and rude as you are? I wish you would put her on here so we can talk to her and see what she is really like. It's pretty unbelievable that she and you are yukking it up in your house like hyenas over your antics of bothering your neighbors . . .

I mean you are one-of-a-kind, for sure, but to have another one just like you . . . I would LOVE to hear what your neighbors think of you two "comedians."

Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 AM

I done this thread because I was curious.

I said something to a neighbor in which she replied with a SMILE and a lot of you are going "wacko" over what I said. I talked to her about her smoking, and again the "wacko" thing happened. I'm sorry, but I like kidding around/teasing of which many of you don't like and even hate. The only thing I can think of to say about that is, too bad! I don't have your type of personality and don't want it. My wife, likes my personality and that I can be humorous and kid around. She knows her mom and sister aren't like that at all and told me "it's really refreshing to be with someone who can laugh and be as humorous as you are."

I kid around with our apartment complex manager and she simply smiles and laughs it off. I told her one time "you probably won't find a 62 yr old as funny as I am". She smiled and said "your right".

Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,509 times
what you dont understand is that the rules of engagement have changed - if dont roll in the hay with your date after 30 minutes and 1 cup of coffee its over for you - consequently i dont date anymore either -

Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 AM

No she isn't, but she has told me "these people are ridiculous. Have no sense of humor at all!"
You folks take humor/kidding remarks as rude and obnoxious.......just thank God not everyone sees it that way!
Is she bothering our neighbors by talking to them??????? I don't think so!! I've said it before, I've said things to neighbors with her right there and all of us started laughing......including the neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It's just weird that you don't believe what we are telling you. I would think you might say, "Oh hey, that's an interesting point. I never looked at it that way," or have some self reflection, like, "Oh, I hope I didn't hurt that woman's feelings, I didn't mean to, I was just joking around."

What's REALLY weird is that you relay all of the details of this thread to your wife and then she reports back and has THE EXACT SAME INANE RESPONSES AS YOU. How is that even possible? Are you saying she is as insensitive and rude as you are? I wish you would put her on here so we can talk to her and see what she is really like. It's pretty unbelievable that she and you are yukking it up in your house like hyenas over your antics of bothering your neighbors . . .

I mean you are one-of-a-kind, for sure, but to have another one just like you . . . I would LOVE to hear what your neighbors think of you two "comedians."

Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
anifani, I hadnt read your post (#186) when I just posted. Had I read yours, I wouldnt have posted mine. You worded yours so much more eloquently (and nicer) than i worded mine.
I thought your post was sincere and very well expressed!

Sometimes, readers get impressions (on a person's thoughts, beliefs and even - personality) through what is implied rather than what is actually written/expressed, too.

There are studies about the dynamics of forums . . Fascinating stuff . . .

We do get to "know" one another after a while . . . whether those impressions are accurate or not . . . another topic for another day, lol.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:09 PM

102 posts, read 170,478 times
Quote:
Know anyone like this who simply says "He** no!" about meeting someone?

We know some single ladies in their late 50's thru 60's that have absolutely no interest in meeting a man......our neighbor being one of them. Wife and I have noticed that she would be home on Friday and Saturday nights with her lights/tv on and we would look at each other and say "wow, that sure wasn't us before we met!" We weren't hard "partiers" before we met, but we sure didn't sit around at home and watch tv on weekend nights! We've talked to her and found out that she was married some 20 yrs ago and lived with a dude for awhile after her divorce. Once, on a Sunday, I seen her on her patio smoking a cigarette, while I was BBQing outside, and I asked her "so what you been up to this weekend" and she said "nothing". I looked at her, kiddingly, and said "lady, you need to get a life!". She smiled and said, "I'm thinking about it". She knows I have a curious mind about me.

Anyway, sometimes I just think everyone should have someone.......like I do. But, then again, some simply enjoy being alone, like my wife's brother (late 50's/never been married) and these ladies!

For all the years that I was divorced (21 of them), I never once thought this way. When I was married the first time, I was "tickled pink"! During all those years I was divorced, I was very (ok, extremely) "relationship/marriage minded" and was always looking for that. In other words, I HATED being single! I got very, very lucky when I met my wife, because she was just as "relationship/marriage" minded as I was. In fact, I'd had a real problem with relationships before her because I was so "smothering/clingy"! Again, I got very lucky as she was the exact same way........loved being with me as much as possible.
Your comment to her was obnoxious and presumptuous. Are you implying that she "doesn't have a life?" How do you now how she feels, what brings her happiness? Just because someone's life isn't a cookie-cutter image of what you deem to be happiness, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't valid.

Not all people need to be in a relationship. I've been in and out of relationships throughout my life, married once, etc. I'm single, middle-aged and at this point, have an enjoyable life. I don't need to go out to try and desperately find someone. I work, I have a social network of friends, have the resources to enjoy art, theater, musical events. I just recently lived in Europe for part of last year ... in other words, I have a life. If I choose to come home on a Friday night, rest, watch a movie and relax, I still have a life.

People need to stop being judgmental. We're all not all one mold, thank heavens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement