Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 01:01 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times

Advertisements

This is a great thread and entertaining as heck :

When I was much younger, like in my 30s, I've always have a fantasy of having sex with an older woman (with white hair). Maybe because older women have their guards down so they opened up to me and, as a nerd, I find that attractive about a woman. But I was always curious if there is enough "friction" to achieve organism. Unfortunately I married a younger woman (15 yrs younger) and she doesn't have grey hair yet. So I never get to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 01:40 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I don't know. Are you both in your 70's, have any health issues, get tired easily, fall asleep on the sofa before bed time? We are in the same house. Is your wife 20 years past menapause? Planning works best for us. Spontaneous not so much. It happens that way some times, but not reliably. A few romantic gestures to initiate sex would be silly and quite transparent if she's not in the mood. We don't play those games and never did. Honesty is the best policy. And we both are happy with the result.
Seducing or Being seduced is not being dishonest. It isn’t “playing those games- “though it is fun. It is meant to get you in the mood when you are not. Romantic gestures are never silly in my opinion. My husband and I are both 69, not in our seventies yet. We have a few health issues and I have chronic pain issues. Yes we get tired and can fall asleep on the sofa before bedtime- but if you are retired sex can happen any time of day anywhere in the house. At least for us the morning and early afternoon are best for our energy levels. I’m way past 20 years past menopause. Was put into surgical menopause at 36. For me personally, planning sex would probably turn me off. But everyone is different.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:58 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Some of us were schooled so rigorously in spelling and grammar (thank you, Sister Kathleen Marie) that it's like chalk grating on a blackboard I get annoyed when people talk about how they'll spend their "tax return", too.

I worked with a woman many years ago who complained about her gentiles bothering her. Gentiles???

Old 08-14-2019, 02:12 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Don't be so sure of that. For a while, I targeted the religious 40 year old beauties, even married one (what a mistake that was, and quickly corrected!).

To a person, they were, shall we say, voracious. If their sexuality was repressed, it certainly didn't show. I know, I know, it sounds predatory to say I targeted the religious beauties, but I found out by accident after dating two of them that they were anything but timid.

Great in bed, but not great relationship material, especially if one is an atheist. One can only be a dog for so long, and I now want a good relationship first, and secondly, that great sex.
I was thinking the same thing. Just because they are not married, doesn’t mean they are not having sex. The only thing comes close to being religious is probably the missionary position.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:20 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I worked with a woman many years ago who complained about her gentiles bothering her. Gentiles???
Next door neighbors???

Old 08-14-2019, 02:28 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Next door neighbors???

Well she spoke with a heavy southern accent, she might have meant genitals. I'm pretty sure she wasn't Jewish.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:40 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
Morning works best for us too. Different strokes for different folks. Seduction is not in our make up. We are either in the mood or we are not. Clean sheets are where it happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Seducing or Being seduced is not being dishonest. It isn’t “playing those games- “though it is fun. It is meant to get you in the mood when you are not. Romantic gestures are never silly in my opinion. My husband and I are both 69, not in our seventies yet. We have a few health issues and I have chronic pain issues. Yes we get tired and can fall asleep on the sofa before bedtime- but if you are retired sex can happen any time of day anywhere in the house. At least for us the morning and early afternoon are best for our energy levels. I’m way past 20 years past menopause. Was put into surgical menopause at 36. For me personally, planning sex would probably turn me off. But everyone is different.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:33 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Morning works best for us too. Different strokes for different folks. Seduction is not in our make up. We are either in the mood or we are not. Clean sheets are where it happens.
What about the Laz-Z-Boy? No?

Back of a '57 Nomad wagon?

Screen porch on a rainy summer evening?

You seem to have system that works for you, so don't want to rock the boat. But if the only place you and the love of your life get busy is in bed, it is no wonder you have to remind her that it has been awhile.

As to seduction, it isn't dinner out and diamond earrings. It's showing that he knows me and cares for me.

When our babies were teens, one of our kids was just exhausting. One of the most romantic things my husband ever did was take me to a nearby hotel to sleep. When I woke up, I was so in love with that man.

Foot rubs work too.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
Wow, a motel room to do what you can do for free at home? He has to show you that he knows you and cares for you, shouldn't that be a given? You need a foot rub to get turned on? Yecch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What about the Laz-Z-Boy? No?

Back of a '57 Nomad wagon?

Screen porch on a rainy summer evening?

You seem to have system that works for you, so don't want to rock the boat. But if the only place you and the love of your life get busy is in bed, it is no wonder you have to remind her that it has been awhile.

As to seduction, it isn't dinner out and diamond earrings. It's showing that he knows me and cares for me.

When our babies were teens, one of our kids was just exhausting. One of the most romantic things my husband ever did was take me to a nearby hotel to sleep. When I woke up, I was so in love with that man.

Foot rubs work too.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:18 PM

408 posts, read 259,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannygrunts View Post
Therapists will say to never withhold sex from your partner, even if you are upset with them......what? You are supposed to make love to someone you are pissed off at?

You are not supposed to deprive your man....it will upset him and make him feel unwanted. What about upsetting the woman? It doesn't upset her to force herself to have sex with someone she doesn't even want to be in the same room with, at the moment?
You have to listen to a poster named GrannyGrunts when the thread is about sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement