Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2007, 10:54 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times

Advertisements

^^LOL...you noticed that, too! In recent years, it's been more about cleavage than hats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,578 times
Nice hats...lol....I like the 3rd one down, the fountain, the best.

And this one just screams 'The Godfather'....

Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
so i was wondering if there are any hirghrise apartment buildings in DT SD as I wish to live there for a while once i graduate college. i'm interested in something in the actual DT core where all the action is and i want something tall, not like 5 stories. maybe like 10 or 15 or 20. also, is your DT a good area, including the surrounding neighborhoods. b/c i know DT is beautiful and nice, but immediately once you leave the central core, you're in the ghetto. that's the only thing i dont like about LA-we dont have a DT where people actually want to live.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:54 PM

840 posts, read 6,516,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
so i was wondering if there are any hirghrise apartment buildings in DT SD as I wish to live there for a while once i graduate college. i'm interested in something in the actual DT core where all the action is and i want something tall, not like 5 stories. maybe like 10 or 15 or 20. also, is your DT a good area, including the surrounding neighborhoods. b/c i know DT is beautiful and nice, but immediately once you leave the central core, you're in the ghetto. that's the only thing i dont like about LA-we dont have a DT where people actually want to live.
There are ghettos/barrios nearby but downtown SD is pretty safe. The highrises in downtown are expensive and I've compared them with highrise apartments in Seattle. Downtown SD doesn't really have many tall buildings like L.A., S.F., Seattle, Chicago or New York which I think is because of how close the airport is but there are highrise apartments.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1904 View Post
There are ghettos/barrios nearby but downtown SD is pretty safe. The highrises in downtown are expensive and I've compared them with highrise apartments in Seattle. Downtown SD doesn't really have many tall buildings like L.A., S.F., Seattle, Chicago or New York which I think is because of how close the airport is but there are highrise apartments.
not to be a snob or anything, but i do have quite a bit of money so about how much would a 1 bed near the top floor be. i'll probably have a roommate so i can go pretty high.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
also, is your DT a good area, including the surrounding neighborhoods. b/c i know DT is beautiful and nice, but immediately once you leave the central core, you're in the ghetto.
Looking at the map below (Gaslamp being downtown), the only "ghetto" area surrounding downtown would be Logan Heights-basically, the area south of the 94 Freeway. I'd compare that to LA's Echo Park. The areas north, east and west of Balboa Park are for the most part safe and vibrant (Hillcrest, North Park, Golden Hill, South Park, Mission Hills, etc).

Quote:
not to be a snob or anything, but i do have quite a bit of money so about how much would a 1 bed near the top floor be. i'll probably have a roommate so i can go pretty high.
The only website I could find with highrise rentals is Centre City Properties | Available Properties (http://www.centrecityproperties.com/available.html - broken link) click on "Leasing Opportunities". It doesn't list many, nor does it give the floor number but the price seem to be between $2,500 and $3,000 for a 1 bedroom.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:46 PM

4 posts, read 31,113 times
Could any of you post some pictures of Chula Vista?
Especially the "nicer" areas that I have read about such as Eastlake?

Thanks

Old 07-26-2007, 01:08 PM

38 posts, read 99,628 times
Default san diego to north carolina

wow i had tears in my eyes, when i saw the pictures..
i moved to north carolina a year ago,
boy do i miss san diego,
it's a beautiful place...
but i do have to say, finally i can afford to buy a house
and not live in a condo, and not struggle

Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 PM

7 posts, read 50,094 times
I Was Wondering What Anybody Thinks About Poway

Old 07-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastwhat
Could any of you post some pictures of Chula Vista?
Especially the "nicer" areas that I have read about such as Eastlake?..
Hilly, sprawly, suburban, safe, sleepy and new is how I would describe it. Some pics I found of the area:

It goes right up to the base of the nearby mountains

Typical housing stock. Most of the new homes in SD County look like this

Otay Lake

New urbanism

Panoramic view - Ocean on the left side and mountains to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbygirl View Post
wow i had tears in my eyes, when i saw the pictures..
This thread is a no-crying zone You should be happy that it brings back good memories, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego