Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:19 PM

24 posts, read 42,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
You don't want another chain!!

What ever happened to Joel's??
Please do not lump Trader Joe's with chain stores. Yes, they have stores in several states, but there is NO similarity in appearance, products, and the quality of their employees! Trader Joe's is a wonderful store with a neighborhood grocery atmosphere! The prices are resonable and varied. I am in Idaho, and I would give anything to have one here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 03:05 AM

26 posts, read 99,241 times
Here's some comments taken from the "Trader Joe's Spokane" Facebook page. It sounds very exciting!

Bettie Stiritz - I went to Trader Joes in Olympia yesterday. I asked about Spokane and they said "We will absolutely be there the final quarter of next year." They said Spokane will be a hub for areas farther into the middle of the U.S. They seemed very confident in this information. (Oct. 17th 1010)

Richard Orndorff - This morning Sherry and I stopped in the Federal Way Trader Joe's on our way from Tacoma back to Spokane. We bought a lot of stuff. A whole lot. Two shopping carts full of food and wine. The checker told us that we wouldn't have to make our emergency TJ stops much longer since Trader Joe's was putting a store in Spokane within a year. She said it was written in stone. So there you go. Truth? I think yes. (Oct. 24th 2010)

Jenny Hurd - Owner of Forza Coffee @ 29th and Regal said today that TJ will be going in the Lincoln Heights Shopping Center. They are scheduled to start building the new two-story store after the first of the year. Final completed store in 12-18 months. (Nov. 3rd 2010)

Lisa Schneider Stephens - I own Other Mothers on the South Hill and our building owners confirmed yesterday that a Trader Joes is going into our complex at the Lincoln Heights shopping center behind JoAnns and Petco.
(Nov. 3rd 2010)

Old 11-07-2010, 08:21 AM

968 posts, read 2,061,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyandmelody View Post
Here's some comments taken from the "Trader Joe's Spokane" Facebook page. It sounds very exciting!

Bettie Stiritz - I went to Trader Joes in Olympia yesterday. I asked about Spokane and they said "We will absolutely be there the final quarter of next year." They said Spokane will be a hub for areas farther into the middle of the U.S. They seemed very confident in this information. (Oct. 17th 1010)

Richard Orndorff - This morning Sherry and I stopped in the Federal Way Trader Joe's on our way from Tacoma back to Spokane. We bought a lot of stuff. A whole lot. Two shopping carts full of food and wine. The checker told us that we wouldn't have to make our emergency TJ stops much longer since Trader Joe's was putting a store in Spokane within a year. She said it was written in stone. So there you go. Truth? I think yes. (Oct. 24th 2010)

Jenny Hurd - Owner of Forza Coffee @ 29th and Regal said today that TJ will be going in the Lincoln Heights Shopping Center. They are scheduled to start building the new two-story store after the first of the year. Final completed store in 12-18 months. (Nov. 3rd 2010)

Lisa Schneider Stephens - I own Other Mothers on the South Hill and our building owners confirmed yesterday that a Trader Joes is going into our complex at the Lincoln Heights shopping center behind JoAnns and Petco.
(Nov. 3rd 2010)

I wonder if that is where the Church of the Cinema is located?

Old 11-07-2010, 05:42 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,786 times
I've never been able to grasp the fascination with TJ's. I've shopped there and my husband worked for TJ's but I've never thought their quality was worth a whole lot. It seemed like anytime I shopped there I bought a bunch of things that seemed like a great deal and were really cool but we never really used because they just weren't terribly wonderful.
Except the blueberry waffles. Those were pretty good for frozen waffles.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:42 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,274,480 times
I have to admit I go WAY back with TJ's, like 30 years on Balboa. Always was a fan of the unique things they carried. Great deals on wine, sesame sticks, jalapeno sauce, blister peanuts, etc. IMO, It is not just any other store.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 AM

15 posts, read 19,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I have to admit I go WAY back with TJ's, like 30 years on Balboa. Always was a fan of the unique things they carried. Great deals on wine, sesame sticks, jalapeno sauce, blister peanuts, etc. IMO, It is not just any other store.
I agree, though my experience with TJ hasnt gone back quite that far. Im originally from San Diego and used to shop there with my mom and aunt for years. After moving close to the Spokane-CDA area I had missed TJ's uniqueness (and had also developed an extreme dislike toward Western Family products). Now Im moving to Seattle this January, and Im excited that I can begin shopping at TJ's once again! Its such a nostalgic experience for me. It makes me think of my mom and aunt (I was young then, so I cherish those moments).

Old 11-17-2010, 06:12 PM

21 posts, read 81,805 times
Default Seems there's a confirmation coming soon...

Seems that TJ's is indeed coming to Spokane's South Hill...
Sources: Trader Joe's Announcing Spokane Store Thursday - News Story - KXLY Spokane

Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,756 times
it's all over facebook tonight too -- I figured someone would have posted something on here about it coming to Spokane. I've never been to a Trader Joe's so I'm excited to see what they have to offer, even if I won't be a regular shopper since it's on the other side of town from me.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:21 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
That's great news--it means we won't have to schlep TJ items from SoCal to our place in North Idaho every time we come up! You Spokanites are going to like the shopping options. It's a bit hyped up, yes, but TJ really has a great variety of tasty and fairly natural stuff, a good wine selection, and their frozen foods and chocolates are really worth a long drive! We do a TJ trip about once a month (another part of town) and stock up. It'll be great to be able to do the same thing in the future when we're in Clark Fork!

Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 PM

26 posts, read 99,241 times
Yay!!!! We DID it everybody!! Thanks for everyone that put in their requests this past year. They heard our voices and now Spokane is getting our very own Trader Joe's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area