Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I knew that I felt the state had not proven their case to me...
The state proved their case very adequately. Maybe not for first degree murder but definitely for one of the lesser murder charges. I think the problem was the jury took the "reasonable doubt" to mean something it doesn't. Reasonable doubt doesn't mean without ANY doubts whatsoever. This is because nothing is ever 100% certain. I could watch John Doe shoot Jane Doe right in front of me and there would be a .000001% chance that John Doe actually hadn't shot Jane Doe, and that a look alike had committed the crime or that a futuristic technology had created a hologram of John Doe and placed him at the scene in order to frame him. Although this is room for doubt, it is not REASONABLE doubt. It is unreasonable doubt. In the same sense, there is a possibility that Casey didn't have anything to do with her daughters murder even though she attempted to thwart investigations of her daughters whereabouts by deceptively placing blame on "Zanny" and constantly lied to police and family about circumstances involving her daughters disappearance and death. This shows circumstantially, and beyond a REASONABLE doubt, that Casey was involved in this death and the cover up of it.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times
The verdict is shocking and sickening.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM

288 posts, read 167,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Were I them I'd give one MAJOR media interview than disappear. Ann Curry would be my choice. Prime time. Then bye, bye and start a new life.

BTW: I think Casey is going to live with a member of the defense team or the staff. At least until things settle down.
I would pick Ann Curry, too. And they should make every effort to move away from Orlando for sure. Family members of even low-profile death cases are often harrassed for years after trials have been finished, and in this case, with Casey being found not guilty, that poses even greater risks.

Casey and the entire family will have to start over somewhere else, where people are unlikely to associate them with that town or city and therefore not recognize them that easily. I think it would be good for Casey to have a safe, unknown, place to stay for awhile; defense team member or staff person would be good as long as the media didn't come snooping around.

People have been speculating that Casey will end up in trouble again. That would surprise me. Such a huge experience with the criminal justice system can be and usually is very intimidating and not quickly forgotten. I hope that she will get some serious counseling and learn something about her life patterns and why she has them. Who knows? Maybe this experience will lead her to college and a whole new perspective on life. I would guess that prior to this case, Casey had never, ever done any real examination of her life and why she behaved the way she did. I also think that the death of her little girl is going to catch up with her emotionally and hit her really, really hard. I have known people who have gone through the loss of central people in their lives who simply remain in shock for years before it "hits" them and they break down. Anyway, I hope I never hear of her again as a result of some wrongdoing.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No, the jury was full of people who were concrete thinkers, Who needed information spoon fed to them. They could not make reasonable inferences from the information presented. That is higher level thinking. Small children don't get in ditches themselves, in a trash bag. Casey lied constantly about where her child was...wow, it is not rocket science.

No kidding! For everyone that thinks Casey is innocent...how on earth can you come to that conclusion...

#1 for 30 days her daughter is missing and she parties and even gets a tattoo that says "my beautiful life."
#2 She lies to everyone and then admits she is "missing" but blames it on someone who doesn't exist
#3-Her jailhouse phone calls -that says it all
#4 Her daughter's remains shows up less than a mile from her house?
This sounds familiar-Scott Peterson...just because blood wasn't found
#5 Let's not forget the cloriform search on the computer...and her mother tried to cover up and oops got caught...

Old 07-05-2011, 04:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,963,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Maybe George and Cindy will take matters into their own hands since the jury failed to do so.
George and Cindy better watch their backs ... Casey told Amy H that GA & CA was giving her the house and wanted Amy to move in and share expenses.

George and Cindy had no plans to give the lying Casey the house. If I was George and Cindy I would sleep with a weapon. Casey is capable of anything and now she knows all she has to do to get along in this old world is just lie, lie, lie and steal, steal, steal.

I wonder if they will arrest George for the murder now!!!

Casey became the victim ... but Caylee Marie Anthony is dead!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:14 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have to ask, Morgain...

Do you think Caysey is innocent? Or do you think that the state simply didn't prove its case?
I'm not Morgain...but I believe she's guilty...but the state didn't prove its case. I believe the jury did exactly what it was instructed to do. I believe that the defense DID, in fact, effectively establish "reasonable doubt" in the jury's mind. I also feel that if they had allowed the female prosecutor to do more of the talking....they wouldn't have been as apt to go with the not guilty plea. Just sayin'..... It has nothing to do with the gender and EVERYTHING to do with her approach. Ashton was a pompous a$$ who did nothing but annoy the heck out of the jury.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM

288 posts, read 167,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
The state proved their case very adequately. Maybe not for first degree murder but definitely for one of the lesser murder charges. I think the problem was the jury took the "reasonable doubt" to mean something it doesn't. Reasonable doubt doesn't mean without ANY doubts whatsoever. This is because nothing is ever 100% certain. I could watch John Doe shoot Jane Doe right in front of me and there would be a .000001% chance that John Doe actually hadn't shot Jane Doe, and that a look alike had committed the crime or that a futuristic technology had created a hologram of John Doe and placed him at the scene in order to frame him. Although this is room for doubt, it is not REASONABLE doubt. It is unreasonable doubt. In the same sense, there is a possibility that Casey didn't have anything to do with her daughters murder even though she attempted to thwart investigations of her daughters whereabouts by deceptively placing blame on "Zanny" and constantly lied to police and family about circumstances involving her daughters disappearance and death. This shows circumstantially, and beyond a REASONABLE doubt, that Casey was involved in this death and the cover up of it.
OBVIOUSLY the state did not prove "very adequately" their case to me and the 12 jurors because they came back with a not guilty verdict.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:17 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No, the jury was full of people who were concrete thinkers, Who needed information spoon fed to them. They could not make reasonable inferences from the information presented. That is higher level thinking. Small children don't get in ditches themselves, in a trash bag. Casey lied constantly about where her child was...wow, it is not rocket science.
This is not what being a juror is about.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:17 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
I agree!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
I had plenty of posts complaining about the RUDENESS in Miami, not the entire state of FL. Never, in any of my posts, did I ever say, "All the people in FL are stupid." Rude and stupid are two different things. Miami is ONE city in FL, it is NOT the entire state nor is it representative of the entire state.

In fact, you would fit in nicely in Miami.
You complained about everything from the drivers to the heat, and I'm not disagreeing with you.

And yes FL is loaded with stupid people, some are born there and some are transplants.

This jury asked no questions.

Now some of them are going to talk to the media, not too smart.

They should keep a low profile as a lot of people are angry, and a lot of people in FL carry guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime