Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Hey I enjoyed reading everyone's comments
If you want to see a real Zeppelin AI performance then look up Adam singing "whole lotta love" Sorry I was a little grossed out with Haley grinding it in front of Papa

Now on to the "HeeHaw" gang LOL!! Sorry but Scotty is just a cutie, now I was wild for Adam so what does that say for me middle age married woman...LOL!
I do like Scotty's voice but I am huge for Randy Travis so there you go.
I think Lauren did better than usual.
We will see yes?
I'm still wild for Adam, and I'm also a middle aged married woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
No I haven't heard anything about this but I have been around and studied Aspergers and James seems to suffer from it from my perspective. I am not a Dr but as I said--I do know about it. Some very cruel people spread rumors in order to hurt some people so I'd just take it with a grain of salt!

a lot of very uneducated people are speculating on James' diagnosis. There is a VERY wide spectrum for autism, which includes another spectrum for Asperger's. But of course, the loudest are again, the most uninformed.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Very true! I even question some Dr.s so an uninformed persons opinion about something like Autism etc is ignored by me. When Autism was first being recognized by the medical field is when I was in college studing it. It has come a long way and has a long way to go to be understood--probably will never be totally understood in our lifetime. No one and I mean no one can determine if James has Autism or Aspergus syndrom except his physicain who is treating him. It is not something anyone would make up to get more votes--it is in no way a fun or easy disease to live with! I for one am very proud of what James has accomplished and he is not even the person I have been voting for. He is giving so much strength and confidence to others who suffer disabilities--my hat is off to him!!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Yes I agree with the Laruen in a bee-uty pagint contest performence...
BTW I was born and raised in the south so I can poke some fun...
Please do not put her in a shortie dress with gladiator sandles...

Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times
Meant to mention earlier - I thought it was great how Haley worked that wind machine during "Rhiannon". I thought Steven was going to fall right out of his chair.

Scotty is hit or miss on performance. Although he does know how to gaze directly into the camera at the end of his songs. Betcha that's what is getting him all the teeny-bopper votes

Performance is Lauren's weakest point IMO.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:19 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Yea ole Steven is a little old and creepy for all that oo-galling.
Last week he was checking out both girls as they went behind the judges desk.
I think he cause Haley to lose confidence

Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

I remember my mom raving about him and getting a kick out of all the woman throwing their panties up on the stage. Him and Paul Anka.
They're still throwing their panties on the stage. What was so gross was, he would pick them up, wipe the sweat from his forehead with them, then toss them back to whoever threw them up there. Eeeewww! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post

To each his own. I personally can't stand to hear Stevie Nicks sing, her voice grates on my nerves, even before the surgery. I always preferred Christine McVie. I also can't listen to Neil Young or that front-man for ACDC. But those are all very popular artists, so someone must like them.
Love Janis
Love Alanis
Love Amanda Marshall
Love Haley
*shrug* go figure
Bite your tongue about Stevie! But since she's a Canadian artist, I didn't know anyone else who even knew who Amanda Marshall was. Perhaps she's more popular than I realized (I lead a somewhat insular life wrt current music). Glad to know I'm not alone in loving her music!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:28 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
This season has really checked out since Casey got voted out.

Haley - I remember a time when America was getting it right. Not only did she get turned down the year prior, America voted her in the bottom 3 4 times. That right there states she isn't good enough. I guess people took to heart what J-Lo stated after Pia was voted out i.e. "Don't vote off all the girls... boo hoo hoo". She is not good enough to be in the top 3. Period.

Lauren - See above.

Scotty - He is the only one that actually has a future in the music industry. I agree with everyone that the song choices gave to him were like WTF.

Whatever... I can't wait until the season ends as it has been lackluster for a couple weeks now.
Wow! That's pretty much what I was sayin'. You may not like James, but I did. I wanted to see a James/Casey finale. MrsGowdog and I had agreed from early on that the girls were not near as good as the guys this season. Haley is way more concerned with looking cute than her voice. Lauren lacks confidence and Scotty is showing improvement. He has a great speaking voice too. I used to think he was a one-trick pony, but at least he's got that. Let him ride that pony to death.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:51 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,616,167 times
I just have to comment on the phrase 'one trick pony' that keeps being tossed around, especially in regards to Scotty.

Calling a singer a one trick pony can be applied to artists of every genre and isn't really a bad thing. There are mainstream country singers who only sing country....yet they sing ballads and up tempo songs. They sing songs you can dance to and songs you cry along with. They sing personal anthems, patriotic and holiday songs.

There are all kinds of other genre singers who do the exact same thing....they sing only within their genre, but they sing all sorts of types of songs. So, I have to wonder........why does it seem to come across as only a country singer being a one trick pony?

I doubt anyone would have ever called Luther Vandross a one trick pony, yet the description actually fits. Or Frank Sinatra. Or Aretha Franklin. Or Steven Tyler.

Just sayin'.......lol

Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
Meant to mention earlier - I thought it was great how Haley worked that wind machine during "Rhiannon". I thought Steven was going to fall right out of his chair.

Scotty is hit or miss on performance. Although he does know how to gaze directly into the camera at the end of his songs. Betcha that's what is getting him all the teeny-bopper votes

Performance is Lauren's weakest point IMO.
I also noted Scotty is not holding his microphone wierd since Lady gaga. He sings right into it now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV