Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,453,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Ugh. America are morons. The best singer and entertainer isn't even in the finale. Instead we get Hee Haw. Yawn. Peace out, folks.
I hope you aren't referring to that screaming ***** (her singing is like nails on a chalk board) that stayed way past time and got voted out last night that gave that pissed off look i.e. the big deletedto everyone. Thia Megia is way younger than her and left with way better class than that *****.

But yes, all the best/good singers (minus Scotty) got voted out in the middle of the competition.

Though, Scotty, one of the finalist, is and will be the only person this year that actually makes something of this opportunity anyways. If he wins the competition, then we don't have to see an album getting made for someone who will flop anyways. See past idol winners (not named Clarkson or Underwood) such as last year winner Lee Dwyze. Did his album ever get made???

As for Stephen and J-Lo... if they aren't on contract, I wouldn't expect either to come back. J-Lo was more interested in her career relaunch, which obviously has taken back off. Stephen looks bored.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-21-2011 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: PG 13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
I think all of the last three were good. Haley does have a little bit of an attitude, but to me that was part of what made her more "star material" than the other two. She just seemed to me like she had the whole package, seemed more "street smart" and like she'd be better able to handle fame. But I also think inside that tough exterior she's probably just still a little girl - she seems older, but she's only 20. I think she'll still have a great singing career even though she didn't win AI. I like Scotty and Lauren, but Scotty needs to stop wriggling his eyebrows and Lauren needs more self confidence (which I think she is developing) and someone to pick her wardrobe.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
As for Stephen and J-Lo... if they aren't on contract, I wouldn't expect either to come back. J-Lo was more interested in her career relaunch, which obviously has taken back off. Stephen looks bored.
What did Steven keep mouthing the other night when Ryan was talking? He was mouthing something to the camera but I couldn't make it out. I love Steven, but it was kind of distracting and I couldn't focus on what Ryan was saying because I was trying to figure out what Steven was mouthing. I think sometimes Steven says or does things that catch them off guard/embarrass them/leave them at a loss for words.

I don't think Steven looks bored, I think he tries to look aloof.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That is what you call real talent.

It is a shame Idol can't get people of that caliber on the show.
They had Pia this year, and she got voted off. While there was something abut Pia that wasn't connecting with me, she did have the most fabulous voice of entire group, IMO. And strikingly beautiful.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:05 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,137 times
Disappointed in the results but I'm not surprised. I didn't want any of my favorites to win anyhow. I just didn't want the finale to be country vs. country. Oh well...

Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Disappointed in the results but I'm not surprised. I didn't want any of my favorites to win anyhow. I just didn't want the finale to be country vs. country. Oh well...
I kind of thought the country vote would be split and that either Scotty or Lauren (probably Lauren) would be off last night, and I thought the finale would be Haley and Scotty.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:17 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Barrett Entertainment Weekly
Hey, dreams unwind; love's a state of mind, man. Much to her surprise and chagrin, the sassy 'n' sexy Haley Reinhart was forced out of the Idoldome last night. I guess it makes sense. She's kind of too good for this show anyway -- or at least she didn't fit in at all with the America's Got Country vibe of Top 3 week. Good lookin' out, Haley!
I loved how our lil' growler improvised "Bennie and the Jets" to include Randy, J. Lo, and Steven's names. This girl has become an expert seller of a very specific type of freewheeling yet calculated performance, and really couldn't give a crap whether you like it or not.
That's how that song goes.. Haley was a class act and she was good, I don't care what all the haters are sayin.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 AM

474 posts, read 905,684 times
I hoped for a Scotty/Haley final. I wanted male/female and I didn't want two country singers. I actually think Lauren is "better" than Haley because I just don't think Haley is as good as she thinks she is nor as genuine an artist. She had some really good songs, but she is nowhere near the quality of top blues/pop performers like Bonnie Raitt or Susan Tedeschi.

Scotty is easily near the top of his genre. Lauren is outstanding, although the female country/pop category is completely uninteresting to me.

I think Scotty will win because he rarely misses, and his fan base seems even more emotionally connected to him than Lauren's.

It is unlikely that I will ever buy music from either Scotty, Lauren, or Haley. If Scotty does a Christmas album, maybe.

I would buy an album from Casey.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Judges: Does anyone else believe AI lost something when Simon Cowell decided to not come back? Until this season, I haven't watched AI since the one where David Cook won. Loved David Cook's style.

But, on the judges.....AI needs Simon to return, or get someone that is brutally honest like Simon AND that knows music. Randy is good, but he has a different style than Simon. As blunt and sometimes rude as Simon was, he was usually right. I can't help but wonder what he would have said to Haley, Lauren, and Scotty. I think Haley would have checked her tude a bit, and I think Scotty might have been forced to show he could sing something besides one type of song in the same genre. That was my biggest beef with Scotty. It was the same thing over an over. Lauren, I dunno. I picture her singing at state fairs, and there's nothing wrong with that. (like I know anything )

A thing about Haley...remember that both her parents are musicians. Not trying to stereotype musicians, but I was married to one and had my only child with him. She too, is a musician. She's nice, too, but NOT sugary sweet. She gets in the mix and she plays some mean drums, but she GREW UP being around musicians. Many musicians tend to have been a little more worldly and not real naive about a lot of things. If Haley's parents are still playing she probably grew up around an odd assortment of worldly folks. I'm just guessing but it's a possibility. Scotty and Lauren seem like regular sweet, small town kids who haven't been exposed to much outside of small town Americana, so their exterior comes off as sweet and naive. Lots of people like that.

Yeah, AI needs Simon back to the judges chair. His brutal honesty actually helped them, I think.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:22 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Will definitely not watch the finale. Can tolerate some country (Underwood, Twain) but can't tolerate the old folksy stuff Scotty sings. Lauren is not ready for the spotlight and I have been very disappointed in her...had such high hopes when I saw her in the audition rounds.

I like performances that not only include great singing, but also performing...neither Scotty nor Lauren have anything that even slightly resembles being great performers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV