Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Oh, I had meant to comment on IL VOLO too. How often does AI give us really awesome singers as the filler-entertainment? Those guys were awesome! I looked up their bio...two are 18 and one is 19.
Il Volo : Biography
Loved those guys!!! I haven't seen any other "fillers" that were anywhere near as good as the contestants so these guys were a real treat.

Sick to death of all those Jlo look alike/sound alike/dance alike/ "performers"....like that one last night....yawn....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I still miss Casey.........
Me, too! He was my favorite for his wealth of talent but I'm sure we will be able to get his music in the future...he isn't going to fade away....

Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,873,576 times
I was counting on a James vs. Scotty finale, but you can't have everything. Many would agree that Haley had talent and an interesting voice, but that's not everything. I can't believe she made it to the final 3. She beat James and Casey.

And those who think that Lauren isn't cut out for the business because she isn't strong enough: I think she is extremely tough. Don't let the emotions fool you. No kid could do what she has been doing if they weren't very strong.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I was counting on a James vs. Scotty finale, but you can't have everything. Many would agree that Haley had talent and an interesting voice, but that's not everything. I can't believe she made it to the final 3. She beat James and Casey.

And those who think that Lauren isn't cut out for the business because she isn't strong enough: I think she is extremely tough. Don't let the emotions fool you. No kid could do what she has been doing if they weren't very strong.
I agree... a pretty "Steel Magnolia"....if she did this at 16 , she can do anything....

Old 05-20-2011, 06:43 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,302 times
Haley was like a fine vintage wine. Lauren is a Draft Beer and Scotty a Bottled Beer. The kiddies these days would rather reach for and chug the beer instead of savoring the flavor of the wine. America you voted, and lost at the same time. Kids really have no taste. Pretty easy to accept Haley's fate. Attitude? Seriously?? It was all the above analogy. Kiddies wouldn't recognize an attitude if it hit them in the face.

Lauren won't even come close to winning. Scotty will run circles around her. The world will yawn. Oh happy joy - Maybe Tom Arnold can pop up between songs, ala My Red-Neck Idol....

Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Haley was like a fine vintage wine. Lauren is a Draft Beer and Scotty a Bottled Beer. The kiddies these days would rather reach for and chug the beer instead of savoring the flavor of the wine. America you voted, and lost at the same time. Kids really have no taste. Pretty easy to accept Haley's fate. Attitude? Seriously?? It was all the above analogy. Kiddies wouldn't recognize an attitude if it hit them in the face.

Lauren won't even come close to winning. Scotty will run circles around her. The world will yawn. Oh happy joy - Maybe Tom Arnold can pop up between songs, ala My Red-Neck Idol....
These comments are out of line and rude. Just because someone's favorite was voted out is not justification for making snide remarks. Maybe you will yawn if Scotty wins, but you are not the world.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
These comments are out of line and rude. Just because someone's favorite was voted out is not justification for making snide remarks. Maybe you will yawn if Scotty wins, but you are not the world.
I think it was fairly accurate. You watching the same show I am?

I don't like or listen to Country Music. I don't expect anyone that does to agree with me. Attitude did not sink Haley's ship.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:14 AM

340 posts, read 1,446,188 times
The same reason Scotty wins is the same reason Chris Allen won = demographics of the human population voting. No talent judging necessary.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post

You are being rude w/ your red-neck comment. Maybe you will yawn, but the world won't. I myself prefer rock n' roll, but obviously there were many country music voters. I wish Laren and Scotty the best. They are both very talented.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:31 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,712,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
The same reason Scotty wins is the same reason Chris Allen won = demographics of the human population voting. No talent judging necessary.
I think Lauren will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV