Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 05:09 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times

Advertisements

You don't get to tell me or others what we "obviously" mean. Nor do you get to dictate what you think would be a "nicer" way to refer to the Finale.

Good grief. As someone else pointed out, it's just a TV show. So what if some of us make unpleasant comments about Haley's screeching or attitude? So what if some of you compare Scotty to Howdy Doody? So what if some of you make unkind remarks about Lauren's looks or clothes?

How do any of these remarks affect the price of gas or anything important? It's just a TV show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,303 times
Thanks, I found that interview a good read. I do wish Haley the best in her future career.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Haley's singing is fairly complex, obviously not for everyone. It's not background music, it's meant to be at the forefront. I think everyone can pretty much guess correctly what Scotty and Lauren will do, I think James is harder to forecast. Frankly, I thought James slower and/or A capella moments were some of his finest performances. The McCartney song was extremely well done IMO.

I like unique artists, if they sound good to me. I can also appreciate fantastic voices, like Pia's, even though I would never listen to her music. She was flawless. There was a kid singing a jazzy song early on, heard him for only one minute, and never saw or heard from him again. It made me stop and turn the sound up it was so good. All music is good if someone likes it, even if only the artist likes it (shower moments)

Bottom line, few artists get into super stardom by singing just like someone else, unless they are the J LO type of dancing/+rapping/with headset mold. Good for the club scene I guess.

But remember, the network needs ratings. They know what the votes are, and how momentum swings once others are gone. If someone doesn't seem to rate high, my guess is that they interfere a little bit. Who knows.

At least the 2 left aren't Jacob He did pain my ears, sorry.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 PM

730 posts, read 2,054,524 times
For next week, I hope that Lauren and Scotty pull off some really good stuff, or else, it would be a snoozefest and result in a very weak show on Tuesday night.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Yes, that interview is one of the best I've read. Being around musicians and adults from an early age explains a lot about her confident attitude. No surprise she's a Virgo. Haley, in another interview, commented being eliminated was a positive because it would enable her to speed up recording her album. I don't think she can. AI has contractual rights on the Top Ten, and they're not going to let her release an album before Scotty or Lauren. 19 Entertainment did pick up Alison Iraheta. Iovine might sign Haley. I believe the winner releases an album the first or second week in November.
Interesting that it was pouring rain in Wheeling and the same number number of people turned out for Haley (30,000) as they did for Scotty in the mild Garner, NC weather.
Haley mentioned she would also like to work with Corinne Bailey Rae in another interview.
I'm aggravated iTunes has changed the rules on individual purchases. Now, you have to buy all Top 4 and Top 3. I only want Haley.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
Goodness that was a nasty slap on the hand. My apologies for causing that reaction. That certainly was not my intention.

We've all posted about how awful the stylists are dressing Lauren in particular and that outfit looked like it belonged on Hee Haw, not a stylish young teenager of 2011. It certainly was no relation to her singing.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:13 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
[quote][Finally, she is gone. I could not stand to listen to her growling anymore.
She can join Casey now, he can make weird faces while she growls back at him/QUOTE]
Mag! I lmao at your post. Love it. You made my day! The phlegm ball is still stuck in her throat!What an irritating voice.

I couldn't believe the crown Wailee had on last night. I almost fell off the couch. No one likes Haley more than Haley herself.Surprise she didn't have a bowl of confetti for herself in her hand LOL!

Some people aren't happy because Wai-lee lost. I am no country lover but Lauren and Scotty deserve to be the final 2. Pia was my top pick but unfortunately she didn't make it.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-21-2011 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: quoted posts were deleted

Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
Ok, so, I want to say that I am sorry that the last two finale shows are during the week. i would rather the finale be on a Saturday night so I could make it a Girls Nite!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Ok, so, I want to say that I am sorry that the last two finale shows are during the week. i would rather the finale be on a Saturday night so I could make it a Girls Nite!
That would be a blast!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
\

CW- VERY True! Some people aren't happy because Wai-lee lost. I am no country lover but Lauren and Scotty deserve to be the final 2. Pia was my top pick but unfortunately she didn't make it.
If Haley was voted off because she was no good and didn't deserve to be in the final, then Pia didn't deserve to be in the final either. Your assumption that people are voted off because they deserve it needs to be applied to Pia. Using your criteria, Pia was voted off because she was no good and didn't deserve to be in the final.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV