Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I still miss Casey.........
Casey was awesome! But on AI uniqueness doesn't work well. Well, except in David Cook's season. That guy was great. But yeah, Casey definitely had his own style and that's what sells me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Alright, I need to work. You guys tear it up cuz I won't do much more than peak in on the finale. Lauren and Scotty don't do it for me, so I'll check back and see how they do. I think Scotty has this one in the bank. Sweet kid.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,156 times
Well poop.
That's all I've got to say.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:36 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
That look on Haley's face, will go down as one of the greatest WTF moments in TV history. She needs to start her own band and name it, "Rolling Phlegm."

Old 05-20-2011, 08:38 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Casey was awesome! But on AI uniqueness doesn't work well. Well, except in David Cook's season. That guy was great. But yeah, Casey definitely had his own style and that's what sells me.
Love him!! Will buy his album and I am not a huge Jazz person. You are right unique and Idol dont work. Too bad too. I am really tired of the norm ( pop/rock or country) winning every season. Like James too, he brought the 80's rock fun of my teen years back!!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
That look on Haley's face, will go down as one of the greatest WTF moments in TV history. She needs to start her own band and name it, "Rolling Phlegm."
It was an awesome WTF look!!!! I dont watch anymore but I caught it just before the news came on.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:56 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,027 times
All you folks complaining about the finale being all country and such and don't plan to watch......don't forget the results show will have ALL the contestants back paired up with someone that's likely to already be an idol.

It's funny because I don't ever remember the country fans complaining so much when previous finale shows did not include any country artists. hmmm

Old 05-20-2011, 09:32 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
HELLO AEROSMITH, I hear a talented new songstress with the quallites of 6 artists will be up for grabs once the dreary contractual obligations are fullfilled....

Don't delay guys....
Steven said "Ba-Ding"
I say CHA-CHING!!!!

Haley girl I loved your princess crown hairband - you got the style going on. Those who wish to sing always find a song and you were born to sang you wild thang!!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:35 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
I won't watch the country performances next week. I bear no ill will toward the country duo, but I don't care who wins, and I just can't stomach any more JLo. I'm not going to miss the results show with Lady Gaga, Stevie Nicks and perhaps Aerosmith performing. My favorites Casey, Paul and Naima will be back along with Haley. Because Haley made the final three you should see more of her on the tour that some of the lower placing contestants. This is what's been done in past tours.
The expression on JLo's face when Haley sang in front of her was priceless. She had to force herself to walk up to the stage. Funny how she mentioned Beyonce's fall when Haley tripped on the stairs and never mentioned her fall at the 2009 AMA before her comeback. Slezak gets it right when he calls JLo a "toxic she-beast."
Regarding people who have made it to the finale and then didn't sell - David Archuleta's contract with Jive was cancelled a few months ago. The tweenies are fickle. Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson are examples of winners who never made final two. I thank AI for introducing me to Casey, Paul and Haley.
Clip from Slezak:
I love how Haley changed up the lyrics when she stood in front of the trio of judges
I loved the riff Haley inserted into that “Bennie! Bennie and the j-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-ehts” after she leaned backward and shimmied down the steps toward the judges. I loved how she changed up the lyrics on the fly to include the judges’ names (“Oh Randy and J.Lo have you seen ‘em yet? Oh but they’re so spaced out. Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-Bennie and Ste-ven.”)
'American Idol' Recap: Oh But She's Weird and She's Wonderful - TVLine

Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
That's how that song goes.. Haley was a class act and she was good, I don't care what all the haters are sayin.
Excellent find

It's interesting how the people who have the most inane things to say about her, are the ones accusing her of having a bad attitude. If Haley had won and smiled and self celebrated like Lauren they would attack her as well. If she cried in her own defeat they would have said she wilted. Seriously I thought her home town visit showed her true character and she sang 6, count 'em 6 songs for the people who stood waiting in the rain!

Sorry GAGA, I would listen to Haley's rendition of your song over yours and that's not a personal slam I just prefer Haley's voice. I have to believe there was some significance in Idol giving her outside the box songs.
The only thing I can make of it is they know she will be signed somewhere where she won't be in the bubblegum mold. Wishful thinking perhaps but we create our own reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV