Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,873,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I absolutely loved the reaction on the face! Priceless!

If looks could kill... Sorry but I wonder if that girl will ever realize that attitude is probably what caused her to lose.
The look on Haley's face was like none I have ever seen. She looked a tad psychotic, if you want my real opinion. I rewound it a few times, because it was so bizarre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 09:33 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
It's not that no one wanted him. If I remember correctly, he was going around looking for the perfect group. He wouldn't just work with anyone.
I don't know. I just remember that someone asked him to sing and he started with that "baby lock them doors and the guy was like No! You can't be in our group.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:45 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,387,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree. It's normal for us all to have our favorites. I do not bear any grudges. It is a tv show and we laugh at it all after it's over.

Randy and his Toon Town jacket last week made me laugh.

I don't think Steven Tyler will come back. He is a performer first and foremost.

I liked JLo. She has a gig, so we won't see her either.
I agree on Steven. I have noticed him slowly sinking since the show began. At first, he was tickled to be on the show. Now his eyes are kind of dead. He just doesn't want to be there. JLo really doesn't like seeing people get voted off. Although I will agree that she wasn't sad about Haley.

Someone said Haley won't have to listen to criticism anymore. She will if she wants this career. Her handlers will be far tougher than anything those nicey-nice judges ever said. If I were her handler I'd make her sit through all the shows and point out each time she showed an attitude. The thing is, REAL stars like Beyonce might be divas, but Beyonce is gracious.

Haley needs to do a little growing up and she needs to learn to be gracious. I agree with another poster who said she was so impressed with her own looks that she was focused more on that than on her audience and what they needed and wanted from her. With a little grooming, she will emerge with a wonderful career. But it will take a little tough love.

Again, all top 11 will have some kind of contract offering. After this show, they all have more choices than any lounge singer, karaoke singer, or any of the hundreds of thousands who tried out. So I think they'll all be OK.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm happy with the final two. Remember when nobody wanted Scotty on their team during the group song at auditions? HA!!
Nat your memory is not serving you well. It wasn't Scotty it was 15 year old Jacee Badeaux that was the victim of teenage machinations.

Jacee Badeaux Gets the Last Laugh; 'American Idol' Couple Splits Again - FoxNews.com

Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Haley needs to do a little growing up and she needs to learn to be gracious.
Good gawd folks, she's only 20 years old!

As a father of a soon to be 20 year old, I can attest to the fact that unlike 16 year olds, there isn't that they don't know about. It will take them considerably more years before she will come to the conclusion that she doesn't know anything.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
After seeing the home visits, I predicted Scotty and Lauren - mainly due to the quantities of people at their home town events.

I also think that Lauren brings more emotion to her songs than does Haley. Haley has a good voice, but I don't sense the strong emotion that I do from Lauren when she sings. And that tends to be what hooks people in.

I think it is pretty amazing to think that these two teen kids decided to try out and now they are the two finalists- its got to be a wild experience to go from high school to the level of fame that comes from being on AI.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:22 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nat your memory is not serving you well. It wasn't Scotty it was 15 year old Jacee Badeaux that was the victim of teenage machinations.

Jacee Badeaux Gets the Last Laugh; 'American Idol' Couple Splits Again - FoxNews.com
Scotty tried several groups before he found one that he fit in with somewhat and would gladly take him in. And he indeed had to sing for some before they said no thanks. The group who took him in was the same group with Jacee and Clint Jun Gamboa-who was the one who kicked out Jacee.

Scotty didn't want to do that, but failed to speak up. He was in tears later that he didn't speak up and made sure to apologize to Jacee.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:37 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Don't let the door hit ya! Anybody seen that violin?

Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Good gawd folks, she's only 20 years old!

As a father of a soon to be 20 year old, I can attest to the fact that unlike 16 year olds, there isn't that they don't know about. It will take them considerably more years before she will come to the conclusion that she doesn't know anything.

can't rep you for some reason but those are some TRUE words now and it doesn't matter what thread they're in!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:18 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
I still miss Casey.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV