Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 07:38 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times

Advertisements

Lauren is probably a better performer....but... just can't believe it's down to these two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 09:34 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
I am glad it is down to these two. Two decent, gracious, thankful kids are competing for the title. I will be happy either way. Also, I have seen what the tornadoes have done to my beloved South, and no one could see it for the first time and not be moved. Watching Lauren cry and hug the boy who helped save his family brought tears to my eyes. It was very sincere.

Last edited by Georgianbelle; 05-22-2011 at 09:46 AM..

Old 05-22-2011, 09:45 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
WHAT has Carrie Underwood got to do with anything I posted?????

I never mentioned her!
Quote:
but as I said, 'bout time something nice happened to nice people in America instead of the other way around.

That's from your earlier post, and that's the reason I referred to Carrie Underwood.

As for next week. I'm on team Lauren. I like underdogs, and think Scotty will win, but I think Lauren has been willing to try more things.

Either one winning will be fine. I'm just happy the kids have something like AI to get their talents noticed. After that the ball is in their court.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
I know most in this thread are just mostly watchers and some vote but do you think the voting on AI website has the advantage over call in votes?

Phone you have to hang up and redial but online voting you would just need to refresh and click.This would appear to be faster with high speed internet.

I wish AI could break down the votes how many is online vs phone ins.

If I wasn't content with either winning I would register but I would want to unsubscribe after Wednesday.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:21 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I know most in this thread are just mostly watchers and some vote but do you think the voting on AI website has the advantage over call in votes?

Phone you have to hang up and redial but online voting you would just need to refresh and click.This would appear to be faster with high speed internet.

If I wasn't content with either winning I would register but I would want to unsubscribe after Wednesday.
Phoning is physically faster to me, although you don't always get through. But you can call for 2 hours as many times as you want without limitations.

Online you have to click your choice, type in the security letters (you know the ones all wacky looking and often blurry?) then enter and start all over again. You are limited to 50 votes though.

I saw an article earlier that Nigel Lythgoe tweeted that Haley had received over 25 million of the 97.5 million votes, leaving 72.5 million for the other two. It kinda makes my 50 online votes seem inconsequential. lol

Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Ok thanks sounds like online voting would suck, I always screw up the security letters is that an I is that 1 or is that l (hehe)

I voted twice this season once for 30 minutes Im like you that probably 50 votes I did seems like nothing especially when person I voted for was voted off the next night.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post

That's from your earlier post, and that's the reason I referred to Carrie Underwood.

As for next week. I'm on team Lauren. I like underdogs, and think Scotty will win, but I think Lauren has been willing to try more things.

Either one winning will be fine. I'm just happy the kids have something like AI to get their talents noticed. After that the ball is in their court.
I never mentioned Underwood...uh...there's a whole world beyond AI.....

Old 05-22-2011, 12:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

I vote lots and lots by phone. I'm ashamed to admit how many times. You do have to redial, but it's pretty easy on a smart phone. It's my understanding you can only vote 50 times if you vote online whereas the voting is unlimited via phone.
The whole system is ridiculous because 95-million votes doesn't tell us how many people actually voted. Is it free to text? If not, the AT&T sponsor is making a fortune.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I vote lots and lots by phone. I'm ashamed to admit how many times. You do have to redial, but it's pretty easy on a smart phone. It's my understanding you can only vote 50 times if you vote online whereas the voting is unlimited via phone.
The whole system is ridiculous because 95-million votes doesn't tell us how many people actually voted. Is it free to text? If not, the AT&T sponsor is making a fortune.
Texting is not free, however it costs whatever your plan costs. So if you have unlimited texting it costs you nothing extra than what you already pay.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:20 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
This is so 100% true. Neither Scotty nor Lauren did one thing to put their own personal mark or style on a single song they performed. Haley, on the other hand, had the gumption to re-work Elton John and Carol Freaking King, one of the greatest songwriters in history.

That doesn't mean Scotty or Lauren don't have wonderful singing voices. Hell, I sent a ton of votes Lauren's way throughout the competition. I love her voice! But neither of them bring any sort of uniqueness or interest to their singing or performing beyond really awesome karaoke. And since they took no risks throughout the competition, there was little reason to criticize them since all they had to do was sing a song everyone already knew, sing it just like the original performer of that song, and sing it well.

I know everyone thinks Scotty is the one who will have the bigger career between them, but I actually think Lauren will be way more successful, especially long term. And that's because Lauren's style of country music translates to top 40 much easier. She'll have crossover success much like Shania Twain and Taylor Swift. Scotty will have to work a whole lot harder, and compromise his core styling more than he probably wants to, to be a crossover sensation like Kenny Rogers. I couldn't care less, nor do I even know, about Carrie Underwood's personal activities. I have no idea if she's snotty or nice, and really, only her family, friends, Santa Claus and G-d should probably care. All I know is that she's one hell of a singer and performer, and every time we hear "Jesus Take the Wheel" my husband "blames" me for her, because I called her as the winner from her audition round and voted like a fiend for her through the entire season.

But my G-d the hate for her on message board forums was so obnoxious. Supposedly she was cold and dead and emotionless and all sorts of horrible things. I think anonymous people just like to be hateful because they can get away with it. It's sad, actually.

Haley is going to have a killer career and I can't wait to buy her first CD because I know it will be something special.
Thanks for refreshing my memory about Carrie. I remember the big deal that was made about her at the time and shaking my head. I didn't read on message boards back then. The show always spotlighted how she was such a farm girl which got a little tiring and how she was maybe a little plump back then. I always thought she came across as classy and she's so pretty.

Jennifer Hudson was another one who took heat for speaking up and a few others. James was upset when he was booted and people talked about it but seems like it's forgotten with a guy more.

It was all over my music home page yesterday that the show is taking some heat from industry people stating that they aren't living up to their claims that this season would be different and much more diverse etc. but I guess if 5 end up getting contracts it will end up being much ado about nothing. The show though may really be wearing on peoples nerves to the points they are going to turn it off permanently, if they don't agree to make some changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV