Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 01:23 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I vote lots and lots by phone. I'm ashamed to admit how many times. You do have to redial, but it's pretty easy on a smart phone. It's my understanding you can only vote 50 times if you vote online whereas the voting is unlimited via phone.
The whole system is ridiculous because 95-million votes doesn't tell us how many people actually voted. Is it free to text? If not, the AT&T sponsor is making a fortune.
Yeah the 2 times I voted I just kept hitting redial for the entire 2 hours. I should have done it with 2 phones simultaneously. They make so much money off all the texts and I think that's why they encourage the frenzied voting. I hope their system is changed as has been suggested. Apparently people even create numerous FB accounts and keep voting and you can keep voting until the latest time zone.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 05-22-2011 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 01:56 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Yeah the 2 times I voted I just kept hitting redial for the entire 2 hours. I should have done it with 2 phones simultaneously. They make so much money off all the texts and I think that's why they encourage the frenzied voting. I hope their system is changed as has been suggested. Apparently people even create numerous FB accounts and keep voting and you can keep voting until the latest time zone.
I used all three numbers and voted for almost two hours. The first ten minutes Haley's lines were alternately busy. They won't change the system. It's too profitable.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:01 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I used all three numbers and voted for almost two hours. The first ten minutes Haley's lines were alternately busy. They won't change the system. It's too profitable.
Probably not, but people sure are pushing for it. They want it to be more like Nigels other show SYTYCD where the judges make the final call.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Does anybody else hate it when someone makes the National Anthem "their own"?
Just wondering because I think about that everytime I hear those words.
It is just so disappointing to me when they do it.
Yes, I wish they'd just sing it right.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:31 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Probably not, but people sure are pushing for it. They want it to be more like Nigels other show SYTYCD where the judges make the final call.
I don't want it to be the judges vote only! How many times have they praised a singer and many of us went..what the heck?? and the same for when they heavily criticized another.......huh?

The judges get to present to the audience who they think are the top 12/13, so they already have a heavy hand in who we get to choose from.

If the judges were to have final say, it would not be the kind of show it is now at all. Not to mention, with the judges we have had I doubt there would have been a country/country finale at all. (yes I know many would jump for joy over that, but country needs to have as good a chance as all the other genres too)

Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM

730 posts, read 2,054,524 times
Although Scotty and Lauren are solid singers in their own right, them being in the top two has me a bit worried when it comes to the upcoming Idols' summer tour.

The 11 Idols perform by way of how they got eliminated (with 11th place going first, then working upwards). I have a feeling on how the crowds are gonna operate during the tour.

First, they would tolerate Thia and Naima.

Then, the big cheers would be for Pia, then go down a bit for Paul, then go back up for Stefano, Casey, and Jacob. Then it would hit its highest pitch for James. After that, the cheers would die down and unfortunately, it leads me to concern that fans would start leaving after James performs, resulting in a few switches in the order.

I wouldn't be surprised that if this happens, Pia, Stefano, Casey, Jacob, and James would end up performing later than the actual top three.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotb16 View Post
Although Scotty and Lauren are solid singers in their own right, them being in the top two has me a bit worried when it comes to the upcoming Idols' summer tour.

The 11 Idols perform by way of how they got eliminated (with 11th place going first, then working upwards). I have a feeling on how the crowds are gonna operate during the tour.

First, they would tolerate Thia and Naima.

Then, the big cheers would be for Pia, then go down a bit for Paul, then go back up for Stefano, Casey, and Jacob. Then it would hit its highest pitch for James. After that, the cheers would die down and unfortunately, it leads me to concern that fans would start leaving after James performs, resulting in a few switches in the order.

I wouldn't be surprised that if this happens, Pia, Stefano, Casey, Jacob, and James would end up performing later than the actual top three.
Is it only the order of performance or the amount of stage time? I thought it goes in order of elimination. For example Scotty or Lauren and would have more songs than say Pia.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
I didn't watch every show this season.
Did last years winner perform?
I know this is bad but I can't even remember his name.
Read somewhere that David Cook will be there for the finals and just wondering about what's his name???
As far as voting, I use to vote about 10 times thinking I was helping out until I found out others were voting for hours and haven't voted since.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:41 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Hah. I vote once in a while, if I feel strongly, and I vote once. That's one time. There's no way I'm gonna sit around for two hours voting, or sit and click on my laptop 50 times in a row. I'll leave that to the kiddies.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,013,145 times
I think it should be an honest vote-one vote per person. I bet that would cut that 95mil down considerably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV