Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 08:41 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I listened to the first couple of contestants and couldn't stand the singing, so I started flipping channels like last week and when I came back to see if the coast was clear again, I got to hear Ben Briley (sp) and enjoyed his singing. When I listened to the judges discuss his performance though, I started wondering about what we hear through our tv speakers vs what they hear live ????

I think I'll just stick with the Voice ! Too many posters here talking about poor little Adam Lambert from xx seasons ago (uhhh, it's really time to get over him losing now ) and not enough chat on the current contestants.

That's jmho as always
Poor little Adam Lambert is about to go on Tour with QUEEN !!!

Adam Lambert to Join Queen for North American Tour - ABC News

Quote:
By ABC News

Mar 6, 2014 8:31am

Singer Adam Lambert, who gained fame when he appeared on “American Idol,” will join the classic rock band, Queen, in a North American tour this summer, Lambert and original band members Brian May and Roger Taylor announced today in an appearance on “Good Morning America.”
“Queen is one of the quintessential rock bands of all time…they’ve influenced bands for years to come,” Lambert said today in a live appearance on “GMA,” adding that it’s a dream come true “to be able to bring these songs to life on stage” with “rock royalty members.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 10:11 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
This vote-off surprised me.... I thought

Spoiler
MK

was the one going home.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:22 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
I'm glad that didn't happen and what did happen did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Poor little Adam Lambert is about to go on Tour with QUEEN
That's too bad because I used to like Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I think I'll just stick with the Voice ! Too many posters here talking about poor little Adam Lambert from xx seasons ago (uhhh, it's really time to get over him losing now ) and not enough chat on the current contestants.

That's jmho as always
Count me in too.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:21 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That's too bad because I used to like Queen.
No need to feel bad ... I'm certain that Queen and Adam Lambert will do just fine without your support!

As for me, I'm hoping to see them in concert if I manage to get tickets.

I'm a huge fan of Queen.

Adam Lambert is the first person that I've ever seen perform with Queen who has both the vocal talent and stage presence of Freddie Mercury.

The last guy they toured with ... Paul Rodgers of Bad Company ... simply wasn't right for the part in my opinion.

It took 23 years ... but I think Queen will finally be able to perform as Queen once again!

All thanks to American Idol!

Last edited by RD5050; 03-07-2014 at 12:31 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 05:15 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
What I want to know is why are the men so untouchable, when some of them are worse than the girls?

Also, what was wrong with Phillip Phillips? He looked like he was on drugs.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:19 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What I want to know is why are the men so untouchable, when some of them are worse than the girls?

Also, what was wrong with Phillip Phillips? He looked like he was on drugs.
Yes. Phillip looked like he was on drugs.
We noticed hits eyes were crazy looking. I think Ryan cut the interview short.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Because the girls suck. Not surprising that of the bottom 3 two weeks in a row - all female.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:30 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Yes. Phillip looked like he was on drugs.
We noticed hits eyes were crazy looking. I think Ryan cut the interview short.
He certainly did look like he was on drugs but I thought his performance was great, first time I really enjoyed him.
Very sad if he IS on drugs now.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:53 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
He certainly did look like he was on drugs but I thought his performance was great, first time I really enjoyed him.
Very sad if he IS on drugs now.
During the competition he was in excruciating pain due to some medical problem. He had surgery and I thought he was okay, but maybe he still has some problems and is taking painkillers.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
During the competition he was in excruciating pain due to some medical problem. He had surgery and I thought he was okay, but maybe he still has some problems and is taking painkillers.
I sure hope he is not going down the tubes. Such a nice kid and so talented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV