Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 04:13 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,788,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
So happy for the winner tonight. Kentaro is a true artist. He's like a sculptor who uses fabric.

What the heck was Tim's little hissy fit about the twins for, if nothing was to be done about it?
Claire is going to get booted because of her sister's neediness, and it won't really be fair.
I can't wait until one of them is gone, but I hope it's Shawn. Shawn doesn't seem to function without Claire, and Claire's work suffers for it.
I am hoping there is something following next week about the twins helping each other. They should have been kicked off right then and there. Neither of them are very talented so far. It's 100% the drama that's keeping them there.

And Kentaro wow! Absolutely stunning. Loved the design and creativity!! But that green outfit?! I can't remember the designer's name, but how was that on the top?! hideous!! It reminded me of something out of Woolworth. If a non model was walking down the street in that Nina would not be saying "how mysterious!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 06:11 PM

6,177 posts, read 4,566,350 times
Kenya did the green and dalmatian thing and I hated it, too. I don't get the judges sometimes. I didn't even like the way the thing fit.

As for the twins, does anyone remember the first episodes where Shawn was on the bottom and Claire burst into tears both times she didn't get sent home? I wonder what Shawn's reaction will be if they send Claire home? (which I think they should have done already. I haven't seen anything good from her yet.) I think Shawn won't mind at all - until she has to make her own look by herself. I can't wait for that to happen.

LOVED Kentaro's look, though not sure about those thigh-high jeggings.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:27 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,243,147 times
Liked Kentaro's look, thought it was a good winner.

Brandon - more of the same. Cut up sheets that sort of look like a mens shirt. Dude do you do anything else?

Kenya - that was bad, you need to step it up! I think fear closes down her mind. Or maybe I'm projecting because that happens to me. the judges gushing is just because they didn't want to send her home because they want to give her another chance. Why they didn't make her just safe makes me wonder if they are going to just keep gushing about her for some reason no matter what. Maybe she is another drama point only her part is to play the sweet underdog.

I thought they were pretty harsh on the white pants, halter and bomber jacket. There have been plenty of stuff that was worse - hello Claires sweat shirt and shorts? I do think she panic'ed when throwing her model under the bus and that made me feel sad. Its so hard when you are under that much pressure.

Claire, OMG that should have gone home especially since she her stuff has been beyond mediocre every time. I mean it would be interesting to see if she could do something more creative if she wasn't actually designing and sewing for 2. I also feel that the only reason these 2 are still here is for the drama. And while the one twin has had...2?...decent challenges vs. all middling ones I'd sort of like to see what Claire could do without her needy needy NEEDY twin ball and chain around. If Shawn seemed brilliant no, but I feel like it would be an easy sacrifice.

Didn't like the blue and black slashed dress either. Sort of trashy looking.

Last edited by Giesela; 09-23-2017 at 11:43 AM..

Old 09-23-2017, 12:20 PM

50,432 posts, read 64,212,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I am hoping there is something following next week about the twins helping each other. They should have been kicked off right then and there. Neither of them are very talented so far. It's 100% the drama that's keeping them there.

And Kentaro wow! Absolutely stunning. Loved the design and creativity!! But that green outfit?! I can't remember the designer's name, but how was that on the top?! hideous!! It reminded me of something out of Woolworth. If a non model was walking down the street in that Nina would not be saying "how mysterious!"
Oh ya, that green thing was the worst. Makes me think Nina has finally gone 'round the bend.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:50 PM

4,066 posts, read 2,280,078 times
Yeah that was just an awful, awful shade of green. Like a hunter green. A deep emerald green would have been much better. Then to pair with that top was just awful on top of awful. Funny how all of us hate it but some of the judges thought it was fabulous!!!

I really think the twins are going down in a big way soon. I keep thinking of the season previews where it looked like someone was cheating. Tim Gunn did not look happy. Should be interesting...

Old 09-23-2017, 05:30 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,961,499 times
Loved Kentaro's look. Definitely the top look of the night. I would wear that. The model who wore the white pants, colorful halter and bomber jacket had a cute look. It reminded me of Gwen Stefani from the 90's.

I'm tired of the twins. Shawn will not be able to make anything if Claire goes. They are both awful designers and their behavior and selfish workroom antics need to go. I hope they both go next week.

I love Kenya's work, but this most recent outfit was awful. Just bad colors and design. Not her best work.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:59 PM

741 posts, read 1,381,702 times
While it had registered with me that the models were the clients I didn't catch that it was streetwear. For me it usually is difficult to separate my feelings about the designer from my opinions about the design. This week it was easier. (Mostly.)

Amy
- I like her and I liked her jacket. Thought she could have done something different with what was under.

Ayana: Another robe. Yawn.

Batani- I like her; it looked like something from a street fair to me=not good.

Brandon- I like him and I especially liked the brown top. I agree with the posters here who have commented that his designs can be monotonous.

Claire: There's nothing I can say that has not already been said.

Kentaro: If I could pull this off I would. Gorgeous.

Kenya- I could have cried. Watched this episode with two friends. Personally K is a favorite of each of us. We cringed. On the monitor I watched the green looked quite dark. We did not get "ninagarcia's" comments either.

Margarita: Personally can't stand her. Was it she who said her model was a potential "bestie"? Liked nothing about her design. Don't think a close friendship will ensue following her comments.

Michael: Did I really hear ng say this looked like cocktail hour at a hotel bar? OK, what kind of hotel? As Giesela posted: "trashy". And I like Michael.

Samantha- Oh Samantha I like you so much. But I really couldn't get her designs for her models or for herself. I wish she had not been sent home.

Shawn
- Actually my friends and I liked her design. As with Claire I can't say anything else regarding her that has not already been said.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:38 PM

6,177 posts, read 4,566,350 times
I hope only one twin goes home because that's the meltdown I want to see. If Shawn goes, Claire will either cry so much she'll make another bad design and go home or complain about being held back and then make another bad design and go home. If Claire goes home, Shawn will be full of herself until she realizes she can't complete anything without her help.

I saw the previews and the remarks about the cheating and am waiting every week to find out what that turns out to be. They do tease you, so it might not be about the twins at all.

I'm also sorry Samantha went.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I'm also sorry Samantha went.
she certainly deserved to still be there.
I guess this season there is no Tim Gunn save??

Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,209,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
she certainly deserved to still be there.
I guess this season there is no Tim Gunn save??
I wondered about that as well and could have sworn, on at least the first 2 shows of this season, it was mentioned that there was a TG save
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV