Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I started binge watching this series, but the incredibly long picture of a map at the beginning bored me so much I gave it up. In any even I did not find the incest, rampant immorality and lack of honor, and the disturbingly graphic violence to be entertaining. However if you take those out or fast forward through those and the endless picture of a map at the beginning, there is only about 5 minutes left to watch in each episode. I liked the books a bit better for a while, but I got bored with the redundancy. However I got a lot further in the books than in the show. The books are faster paced. the show was a bit slow at times. Maybe it got better. I only watched one show after ned nate? the dad got killed. That show was really slow and boring, so I went back to the books, but then they got boring because it was basically the same theme sequence over and over.
But what an amazing five minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Needle is not made of Valerian steel. John Snow had Millken make it for her at Winterfell's forge before he left for the Wall. The only weapon made of Valerian steel at Winterfell was Eddard's "Ice".
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Was, indeed.

But Oathkeeper is at Winterfell now, forged from the Valyrian steel of Ice.

The sword remade.
Kinda ironic how Ice became Oathkeeper, and is now back at Winterfell.

But there is (was) one more Valyrian sword at Winterfell--Longclaw. Belonged to the Mormont family, Lord Commander Jeor Mormont gave it to Jon Snow after Jon saved his life. It's in Dragonstone now, but probably back North soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 07:40 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Was, indeed.

The sword remade.

Makes me wonder what the fate of Widow's Wail will be.

And Arya now holds the Catspaw assassin's Valyrian steel dagger. I'm still curious as to why Littlefinger gifted to Bran the weapon meant to kill him. Perhaps it's another play to increase the chaos.

Interestingly, I had always assumed that the dagger originally belonged to Littlefinger and that he was the one who sent the assassin, but the HBO series never fingers him as the culprit.
Little finger wasn't at Winterfell when Bran was pushed. I thought it was already established that Joffrey did it?

Old 08-08-2017, 07:41 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Was, indeed.

The sword remade.

Makes me wonder what the fate of Widow's Wail will be.

And Arya now holds the Catspaw assassin's Valyrian steel dagger. I'm still curious as to why Littlefinger gifted to Bran the weapon meant to kill him. Perhaps it's another play to increase the chaos.

Interestingly, I had always assumed that the dagger originally belonged to Littlefinger and that he was the one who sent the assassin, but the HBO series never fingers him as the culprit.
That's what I always thought as well. Either that, or someone was trying to frame him for the murder of Bran if they succeeded.

But, after what he did with Ros, all the while making snide remarks to Varys, just goes to show what a heartless snake he is.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:44 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Bran seems totally devoid of emotion now. What happened from the time his Uncle Benjen left him and Meera in the godswood near the Wall and his arrival at Winterfell?

He seems very robotic and very different. If being a 3-eyed raven does this, why didn't the original 3-eyed raven act like that? That one actually seemed compassionate.
Bran is still figuring it all out and how to live with being the Three Eyed Raven. The other guy had been for a very long time.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:52 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:

Not much about the Littlefinger character has made sense recently. He has morphed from constantly scheming Machiavellian to a do nothing follow Sansa around puppy. That speech he made at Sansa seemed like it came out of some how-I-conquered-the-business-world-like-Atilla style book in the self help remainder bin.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:08 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Little finger wasn't at Winterfell when Bran was pushed. I thought it was already established that Joffrey did it?
Joffrey didn't push Bran. It was Jaime Lannister. Bran was climbing the tower and happened to see Jaime and Cercei having sex. Jaime pushed Bran in the hopes the fall would kill him and keep their secret safe.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:19 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Joffrey didn't push Bran. It was Jaime Lannister. Bran was climbing the tower and happened to see Jaime and Cercei having sex. Jaime pushed Bran in the hopes the fall would kill him and keep their secret safe.
We were talking about the knife wielding assassin. The dagger had been Littlefinger's as he himself admitted but had been publically lost in a wager, which is stupid since he could have easily bet in coins. Obviously a way to disassociate himself from the knife.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:38 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Not much about the Littlefinger character has made sense recently. He has morphed from constantly scheming Machiavellian to a do nothing follow Sansa around puppy. That speech he made at Sansa seemed like it came out of some how-I-conquered-the-business-world-like-Atilla style book in the self help remainder bin.
I think that is just what he wants everyone to think.

I think everything he does is deliberate.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 08-08-2017 at 08:47 PM..

Old 08-08-2017, 08:46 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
But what an amazing five minutes!

Kinda ironic how Ice became Oathkeeper, and is now back at Winterfell.

But there is (was) one more Valyrian sword at Winterfell--Longclaw. Belonged to the Mormont family, Lord Commander Jeor Mormont gave it to Jon Snow after Jon saved his life. It's in Dragonstone now, but probably back North soon.
What about the sword Samwell stole from Lord Tarly? Wasn't that one Valyrian steel too?

Old 08-08-2017, 09:01 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What about the sword Samwell stole from Lord Tarly? Wasn't that one Valyrian steel too?
It is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV