Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 07:30 PM

45,501 posts, read 60,734,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Then again, Sansa's direwolf Lady was the first one to be killed. So Sansa, unlike the other Starks, might not have had the time to develop direwolf dreams.
All of them, in the books anyway, have the ability. Even Sansa, who has visions from Arya's wolf when she's more or less imprisoned by Cersei.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 08:47 PM

18,483 posts, read 15,285,052 times
Does anyone else get the feeling that Sansa is plotting something against Jon? I don't know, maybe it is her new "Cersei hairdo", but I think she is not as good of a person as she seems to be. And she did say she learned a great deal from Cersei. Was that a foreshadow?

Also, I wouldn't count out Littlefinger. He has successfully manipulated the entire kingdom during the course of the series. I wouldn't be very surprised if he ends up on the iron throne after all.

Jon and Daenerys just seem too obvious to me. And Game of Thrones has not proven to be a show of happy endings.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:24 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,168,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
We don't know what range Bran has with his warging capabilities. Whenever he controlled Hodor, he was usually within spitting distance. When Bran warged into his direwolf, he was able to control him while he was out of line of sight, but within calling distance. The other wargs were able to reach into birds that ranged farther out, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Hodor's probably smarter than the average seagull. Higher intelligences might be harder to control - and I'll wager that a dragon is smarter than a direwolf.

Additionally, we don't know how taxing it is for Bran to warg. Bran controlling a dragon for the duration of a battle might not be possible, but he'd be able to warg in when needed if he were always physically close.

Finally, whenever Bran warged during a crisis, his physical body was usually in danger. IMO, it's much safer far above the battlefield on the back of a dragon than lying in a cart nearby.
All valid considerations, but of course in science fantasy the writers can establish and alter any reality they wish. If the demands of the plot require that Brandon's warging be long range, then that is what it will be.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:54 PM

581 posts, read 457,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Jon and Daenerys just seem too obvious to me. And Game of Thrones has not proven to be a show of happy endings.
I agree there won't be a happily ever after with Jon, Dany and 2.5 children. It would be too on the nose. One or the other is going to end up dying, and my money's on Dany.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:57 PM

581 posts, read 457,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
But is Jon a Targaryen? I only ask this because in Ned's "investigation" of the Baratheon lineage, he discovered all the children had "hair of black".
The Targaryens always married incestuously, so that's why their line stayed blonde. A blonde mixing with a dark-eyed brunette, would likely result in darker coloring, hence Jon.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:33 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,876,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
All of them, in the books anyway, have the ability. Even Sansa, who has visions from Arya's wolf when she's more or less imprisoned by Cersei.
Oh, that's right. And Lady, of all the direwolves, turned out to be ridiculously mannerly for a giant prehistoric wild predator, which does almost suggest there was more going on there than just Sansa being a medieval Caesar Milan.

Bran's the only one of the kids who's driven animals other than his wolf, though, right? And I think after him Jon was the one most overtly steering his wolf, although TBF he had the most opportunity/need to do so. (I kinda wondered during Jon's death and resurrection whether they were trying to imply a bit with the staging that Ghost was a participant in keeping his consciousness around. After all, in the book, that one wildling warg escaped into his animal when he died, which was an interesting detail to make such a point of including. Plus, I mean, Ghost is freakin' named Ghost, lol.)

Last edited by Frostnip; 07-20-2017 at 01:43 AM..

Old 07-20-2017, 04:44 AM

8,428 posts, read 7,440,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I kinda wondered during Jon's death and resurrection whether they were trying to imply a bit with the staging that Ghost was a participant in keeping his consciousness around. After all, in the book, that one wildling warg escaped into his animal when he died, which was an interesting detail to make such a point of including. Plus, I mean, Ghost is freakin' named Ghost, lol.)
That's an intriguing notion, that Jon warged into Ghost when he died.

But the canon of resurrection courtesy of R'Hollor, the Lord of Light, was established by the case of Beric Dondarrion, who was continually brought back without the ability to warg.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:47 AM

8,428 posts, read 7,440,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
All valid considerations, but of course in science fantasy the writers can establish and alter any reality they wish. If the demands of the plot require that Brandon's warging be long range, then that is what it will be.
True. The writers could simply rely on Bran being the most powerful warg, due to his Stark lineage and his position as the new Three Eyed Raven.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:58 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,029,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What occurred to me Sunday night is that both Jon and Dany have no reason to hate each other but they both have reasons to be against Cersei. Wouldn't a marriage or other alliance between them make sense?

The one question is that for the most part the culture doesn't seem to have room for the king + queen model of a ruling family.
But who would be in control?

Would Dany really give up leadership?

Or would Jon be pro-mutual leadership? But there would still have to be one clearly in charge.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:02 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,673,994 times
Valid point, although if asked what is the most important thing in the world to them, Jon Snow would say saving Westeros from the White Walkers and Dany would say being the queen of the seven kingdoms, so maybe that's not a conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV