Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,389,475 times

Advertisements

Crystal reminds me of Meryl Streep. She has a very cool exterior, is a tad bohemian, and her voice is pure. I'm sure we'll see a little image stuff being done with her - but I hope she stays authentic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,344,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
OK wait - I thought tonight was the 24 people night! We sat and watched all that torture --- how many minutes did they use up saying, "They have been sitting here for two hours." "They have been sitting here for two hours and 3 minutes." "It's emotional." "Will they make it?" funeral music...

OH STOP. Show us the auditions. Then show us the decisions. I don't want to sit and watch half an hour of people sweating it out in a room. But on the bright side, I got all my emails checked, fixed dinner, cleaned the bathroom, caulked the roof, and rewired the front porch while I was waiting!

Oh wait! This evening is TWO hours long! OMG. More torture!
Dreams come crashing down. Desperate. Painful walk. -- You know, there is life after Idol! And eventually, all but one will go home. So what's the big deal? You gots to walk in there knowing THAT!
I am REALLY impressed with "caulking the roof."

Old 02-17-2010, 09:58 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,854,573 times
i'm thoroughly convinced that those judges don't have a clue what they're doing. there is absolutely NO reason tori kelly should have been eliminated. her voice is damn near flawless, and i know it's not based solely off of vocal ability but she has the look and great stage presence as well

and to think of some of the terrible singers that made the top 24, i think there has to be some sort of production involvement in the decision making of the judges. because there is no way these so called music industry professionals could be making such terrible decisions

now that some of the best contestants have been cut, the only two stand outs are ashley rodriguez (just barely) and todrick hall (without a doubt the most talented of everyone who made it to hollywood)

this is my first year really paying attention to american idol, and it's most likely going to be my last

Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,190,540 times
Quote:
Crystal reminds me of Meryl Streep. She has a very cool exterior, is a tad bohemian, and her voice is pure. I'm sure we'll see a little image stuff being done with her - but I hope she stays authentic.
She's my favorite of the girls. Not only does she have a kick-ass voice but she plays guitar and harmonica too. She kind of reminds me of a modern day, prettier Janis Joplin.

I love Andrew Garcia. His take on "Straight Up" shows he has some originality and creativity in him - he's not just a great voice. There are a few other guys I like but Andrew and Crystal are my top 2 right now.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:32 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,389,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
She's my favorite of the girls. Not only does she have a kick-ass voice but she plays guitar and harmonica too. She kind of reminds me of a modern day, prettier Janis Joplin.

I love Andrew Garcia. His take on "Straight Up" shows he has some originality and creativity in him - he's not just a great voice. There are a few other guys I like but Andrew and Crystal are my top 2 right now.
THAT's it. I was trying to figure it out. Yes - Joplin. Joplin with Streep's sensibility. Joplin was on self-destruct. But Crystal has a wonderful calm about her. Just watch - by the first show - she will have her teeth whitened and some small changes in her hair and wardrobe. It will be fun to watch her I think.

I always wonder about their choices. And why don't they use their time to show us all of the 24 instead of parading a bunch of them through with just a YES. It's like they already know who will be going home early. How much of this is pre-recorded? Yeah - so far not all that interesting. But again, tonight I got to do more work on my two blogs and learned how to add plugins! Yay!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:40 AM

235 posts, read 511,022 times
So, is it definitely Big Mike who let it slip he was in the Top 24 and is now gone? If so, I feel really bad that he missed his baby's birth for nothing.

I like Crystal and Andrew a lot, also Casey (but he better improve his stage presence), Todrick, and Ashley Rodriquez. I remember John Park from the audition rounds being really good, but they didn't show him at all during Hollywood week. I hope he does well, I really liked him.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 AM
tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGMetroWest View Post
So, is it definitely Big Mike who let it slip he was in the Top 24 and is now gone? If so, I feel really bad that he missed his baby's birth for nothing.

According to MTV news it was a guy named Chris Golightly who was disqualified.

Chris Golightly Disqualified From 'American Idol' Top 24 - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,687,833 times
I really like the voice of that girl(forget name) shes blonde had the harmonica attached to her face and looks like a hippie. Awesome voice

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 AM
tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I really like the voice of that girl(forget name) shes blonde had the harmonica attached to her face and looks like a hippie. Awesome voice
That's Crystal Bowersox.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,324,364 times
Quote:
For some reason she reminds me of Janis Joplin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV