Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 03:49 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

I'm on another health group and so MANY don't know WHY they are ending up for starters with a lot of nerve damage. There are probably 100 reasons for nerve damage issues.

These neurotoxins added to food/drinks is adding to our body's load. MSG bad too and then there are the massive fluorides we have been taking in for 7 decades. FAN gives one uneducated on this disaster is a good start on the education of fluorides in our foods/water and enough drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 07:07 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,656 times
A while back I switched to stevia to eliminate sugar in my coffee. Wasn't taking more than 3-4 tablespoons a day, depending on whether I had one or two coffees. About three weeks later I was getting itchy rashes and hives on my back and sides. Went to two doctors who both misdiagnosed it and gave me some expensive prescription cremes. Nothing got better. Finally I sat down and thought about it, and tried to figure out if anything had changed in my diet or life. After a while, it occurred to me that I had switched to the stevia sweetener. Went on line, and found someone who had these rashes on their face and had traced it to stevia. I stopped the stevia in my coffee and the rashes soon went away. Who knew? I read labels very carefully now, and see it in all sorts of foods.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:31 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
A while back I switched to stevia to eliminate sugar in my coffee. Wasn't taking more than 3-4 tablespoons a day, depending on whether I had one or two coffees. About three weeks later I was getting itchy rashes and hives on my back and sides. Went to two doctors who both misdiagnosed it and gave me some expensive prescription cremes. Nothing got better. Finally I sat down and thought about it, and tried to figure out if anything had changed in my diet or life. After a while, it occurred to me that I had switched to the stevia sweetener. Went on line, and found someone who had these rashes on their face and had traced it to stevia. I stopped the stevia in my coffee and the rashes soon went away. Who knew? I read labels very carefully now, and see it in all sorts of foods.
I believe you. Stevia is a plant and you can be allergic to it just as you can be allergic to any plant. I've never heard of being allergic to stevia but since I'm so allergy prone, I try not to use it every day.

Stevia is related to ragweed so that would indicate that if you're allergic to ragweed, you need to be careful. And especially, I would think you should be extra careful of using stevia during ragweed season. There's the danger of overload. OP, good for you for doing the detective work and figuring out what was causing this.

An Allergy to Stevia | LIVESTRONG.COM

Old 03-08-2016, 09:15 PM

On stevia use....that's a LOT of stevia 3-4 T a day ... yikes. When I use it, it's like a drop in my coffee. I've never had an issue with Stevia.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,813 times
I am allergic to all artificial sweetness, even Stevia. Right now, a little bit puts me into a asthma attack but I've also had throat swelling & hives so I must carry a epi-pen. I have to read labels on EVERYTHING! I also can smell the fake sugar crap. It really sucks, my fibromyalgia has gotten worse & I have yet to get my asthma under control. The checkout lanes are the pits, I'm afraid one time I'll pass out from the several attacks I have while checking out. Could be worse, hasn't killed me so I'm thankful for that.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:59 AM

I sent you a DM on asthma help...

Old 04-09-2016, 08:43 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver4b74 View Post
I am allergic to all artificial sweetness, even Stevia. Right now, a little bit puts me into a asthma attack but I've also had throat swelling & hives so I must carry a epi-pen. I have to read labels on EVERYTHING! I also can smell the fake sugar crap. It really sucks, my fibromyalgia has gotten worse & I have yet to get my asthma under control. The checkout lanes are the pits, I'm afraid one time I'll pass out from the several attacks I have while checking out. Could be worse, hasn't killed me so I'm thankful for that.
I hope you can have regular sugar. You must have other allergies, right? Asthma is usually caused by an allergy to something. Something you're eating or breathing.

I used to get sick in the check out lanes too and the soap and other scented product aisles in the grocery store. I had to go totally unscented on everything and had to use an air purifier. Things got somewhat better. I hope it does for you. Fibromyalgia is the pits--I had that too and allergies are a part of it in most cases.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,698 times
Some boday are allergic to artificial sweeteners. For example, the person with PKU cannot eat food with aspartame

Old 08-15-2016, 10:18 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,639,559 times
Check every label and even beware of so called natural products. I'm very sensitive to artificial sweeteners of all kinds. I can only use the Trader Joe's and Jason's toothpastes. Even Tom's of Maine has lots of artificial sweetener in the mouthwash and toothpaste. Can't use. Abdominal spasms, burning tongue and hives if I have the smallest bit.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:11 PM

5 posts, read 25,940 times
I wish that everyone who has an allergy to artificial sweeteners, regardless of how slight, would send an e-mail to their Congressman and ask him to introduce legislation that would provide for warning labels on all foods containing artificial sweeteners. I realize this may raise prices for some users of these products, but for those who suffer from allergies, it could save a life. I know that I am NOT the only one affected by allergic reactions to artificial sweeteners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies