Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2019, 11:37 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
We’re not talking about EV’s vs ICE, we’re talking about GM making new products. GM has always been a leader in experimenting and developing EV’s. Now they dominate in automated driving as well.
BTW, they still make the Bolt which is all electric.
Where is GM on here?

https://insideevs.com/news/342547/gl...ric-cars-sold/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 12:22 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
In the black.
Where is the $35K Model 3? How are sales going on that?

Old 05-09-2019, 12:25 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Where is the $35K version?
Don’t worry GM is going to be building a whole new EV, and they can make them a heck of allot faster than Tesla could only dream of making.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/gm-i...-300-jobs.html

Old 05-09-2019, 12:31 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
This is because the women that drive the sales of these things do not care about "Sport" and "Back Wheel Drive".
It's "Does it drive nice?" and "Where do I put my purse?" and "Will the grandkids fit back there?".
It's not necessarily a gendered issue, but it has indeed become overwhelmingly common. Buyers don't care about the rear-axle ratio, spring-rates, or whether a McPherson-strut suspension has adequate camber-gain. They care about blue-tooth connectivity for their phone, clips for child-safety seats, and of course, cupholders.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Don’t worry GM is going to be building a whole new EV, and they can make them a heck of allot faster than Tesla could only dream of making.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/gm-i...-300-jobs.html
Yeah, but Tesla took all those deposits and promised.
By now the sales numbers for the $35K Model 3 should be enough to make an F150 jealous.
I'm just wondering what they are.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It's not necessarily a gendered issue, but it has indeed become overwhelmingly common. Buyers don't care about the rear-axle ratio, spring-rates, or whether a McPherson-strut suspension has adequate camber-gain. They care about blue-tooth connectivity for their phone, clips for child-safety seats, and of course, cupholders.
https://agirlsguidetocars.com/women-driving-suv-sales/

This is the reason why I think "They're not marketing to you!" when I hear guys decrying the proliferation of SUVs/CUVs.
My wife wanted one too. She changed her tune when I showed how much nicer of a full size sedan she could get for the same money.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:39 PM

485 posts, read 966,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I guess you need to actually read my post because I conceded car sales are down in my first sentence.

HOWEVER, I also stated that the majority of sedans are sold by European and Asian manufacturers and the Americans have no answer to their dominance in SEDANS sales.

I guess your counter-argument is "Americans don't want sedans".

To which I say, Americans don't want "American" sedans but Americans will buy "European" and "Asian" sedans and quoting you, "the proof is in the numbers".

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...130-story.html
Wow! The Rogue is the #1 selling SUV? I am surprised. Price perhaps?

Old 05-09-2019, 12:50 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,105,784 times
Quote:
Buyers care about what is important to them.

It's human nature.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:14 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
In the black.
Where is the $35K Model 3? How are sales going on that?
So the company that's dominating the EV world, but isn't even in the top 20 selling EV cars in the world? Tesla sold 145k Model 3's at the higher price point, the model 3 is the F series of the EV world, sorry the Corolla (which is and has been the worldwide sales king).

Old 05-09-2019, 01:18 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
I think you're right, but car companies have been marketing and advertising to women for some time now. But, yes, many buyers today are focused on the technology, and infotainment system more than the vehicle. Also, more and more car companies are focusing on image and perceived lifestyle than their products' features and benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive