Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Nate, the problem is not that I don't know 'agape love'. The problem is that agape love is abused, the Bible is ignored and even denied as having any authority, and the teaching of Jesus Christ in the Bible is in literal opposition to the 'agape love' that you proclaim.

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, righteousness and judgment. Yet the spirit of agape love, you say, teaches us to love and forgive and not judge.. it doesn't take sin into account anymore, it's all one big cloak of 'love' and one dare not touch it. If anything disagrees with that cloak of 'love', it must be wrong, doesn't matter if it's the Bible or Jesus Christ Himself.
Agape love as you understand it is sort of the ultimate state of spiritual 'being' and anything that even seemingly contradicts that is wrong and oldfashioned 2000 years old naive nonsense.
It seems that 'agape love' has become some sort of an idol. You claim to worship Jesus Christ, you claim that He IS agape love, but where does He actually say that of Himself?

When He says He testifies of this world that it's deeds are evil (John 7:7) I don't see that anywhere in your agape love theology. When He calls to repentance, turning from sin, I don't see that in your agape love message either. When He warns for hell, where the fire isn't quenched and the worm doesn't die.. well you get my point. You're not following the true Biblical Jesus Christ, He came to save sinners, He came to preach repentance and faith. He came to fulfil the Law and the Prophets, not abolish them.

You are not following the Christ of the Bible, you're following your own idol of agape love, very unstably "supported" by a few Bible verses and mainly your own experiences and opinions. And anything in the Bible that contradicts it, you just dismiss because it doesn't fit your spiritual agape love convictions.

How do I know your message not from God? It contradicts the Bible and the saints experience completely. Even Paul called the Law good and himself a sinner incapable of keeping it. Yet because he consents to the Law that it is good and holy, he does not will the sin anymore. God has changed his will, his heart, to hate sin and love Gods Law. Before he was blind to Gods Law as a pharisee, he thought he was serving God and blind to his sin. Just as you are now thinking you are serving God with the anti-Biblical proclamation of agape love.

But just as Paul your will has to be renewed, instead of very sophistically trying to deny the Law and deny Gods Word, humble yourself before Gods Word. And like Paul consent to the Law that it is good, and admit that you are totally incapable of keeping it. Then your will can be changed, to love Gods Law and sorrow over sin, and to bring you to the true Jesus Christ that fulfilled that law you are trying to abolish. I pray God will bring you down in your own pride of 'agape love', and bring you to Jesus Christ for your salvation.

Then you will know true agape love, for God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 7:14-20 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Exactly, here's my rep.... What's offered is like greasy grace washed down with sour milk. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I understand what you are saying. And I think you are right. I don't know why my other UR brothers and sisters are in denial of the process and means used for sanctification. I think they are probably just tired of fighting with Pharisees and thus can't see the forest for the trees.
Which UR brothers are in denial of the process? Don't fall for the straw man these fundamentalists set up that "agape" is just acceptance of any kind of behavior. This is a LIE they have been confronted witrh many times butr keep repeating because that lie is all they have to hang their controlling impulses on.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Love your neighbor AS YOURSELF.

If you're convinced you're a miserable worm, it's no wonder you feel the need to convince everyone else they are, too... And then convince yourself it's love.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Get out of here. The law is good. It man's misunderstanding of God And himself that caused the law to appear to be something that it's not. It was never put in place to prove man is a poor miserable worm of a sinner that was worthy of nothing but eternal hell. That is the lie the scribes of evangelicalism sold to the world.

It's not up to you. Yes it is man's understanding of G-d that is causing the law to appear to be something that is not, on this forum, I agree. Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 02:19 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
You got it upside down. Self-love is our greatest adversary, it loves 'self' and sin more than the God that created us. And satan thrives on our self-love because we just love to feel so important and big. We are willing to sell our soul for a little temporal pleasure and fame that feeds our self-love, even though it'll cost us dearly in eternal life, that is how blinded we are by our self-love to the point that we choke in it.

But humbling ourselves and loving Jesus Christ is the Gospel. It's not all about us, it's about Christ. Paul called himself a wretched man, but he was a most blessed wretch saved by amazing grace.

Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church.
Tut tut .

Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I understand what you are saying. And I think you are right. I don't know why my other UR brothers and sisters are in denial of the process and means used for sanctification. I think they are probably just tired of fighting with Pharisees and thus can't see the forest for the trees.

You might be right. Many of His followers left Him when He shared the manner in which He should die, also. Nothing new under the sun. Peace

Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Exactly, here's my rep.... What's offered is like greasy grace washed down with sour milk. Peace
You and Chanokh just keep repeating this lie in spite of having been told the truth about concern for the well being of everyone including that recognition that harm may be done to others and self and needs to be addressed, not "glossed over."

As I said, not paying attention, but now I should point out that it is blatantly ignoring and consciously promoting a lie.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church.
Tut tut .
They don't seem to recognize the difference between self love and self indulgence.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:23 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You might be right. Many of His followers left Him when He shared the manner in which He should die, also. Nothing new under the sun. Peace
That's not true at all,many left after he told them about eating his flesh and blood, anyone who did not understand what he was saying would have done too, unless they understood what he meant by it..

Old 06-12-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Is this verse of scripture in your bible ?.

They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

So, there's a law written in our hearts that if we were all awake too, we would have no problem seeing when we are missing the mark.

Tell me, if you know, just HOW is that written on our hearts? What is the process? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity