Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 04:02 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times

Advertisements

I have a property in Hugh Springs with a trailer house, I keep thinking about moving there to save money but dang, I hate that area so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 06:18 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
(snip) Christianity is not supposed to be about forcing people to be healthy, it is supposed to be about influence and education
Meerkat, I do agree that Christianity should not be about forcing people to be healthy.

In my opinion it's how one teaches Christianity to others.
My opinion is the Bible and our own conduct is a good way to influence and educate others.
Scripture plus science, for example, can reach the heart and the mind on health issues.

If Christianity is taught by making someone feel guilty it's unlikely to be successful in the long run
However, if one uses the Bible to influence a person so that they can come to their own conclusion about practices that displease God and harms oneself and others then I think its much more successful and, well, healthy, physically and emotionally.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Meerkat, I do agree that Christianity should not be about forcing people to be healthy.

In my opinion it's how one teaches Christianity to others.
My opinion is the Bible and our own conduct is a good way to influence and educate others.
Scripture plus science, for example, can reach the heart and the mind on health issues.

If Christianity is taught by making someone feel guilty it's unlikely to be successful in the long run
However, if one uses the Bible to influence a person so that they can come to their own conclusion about practices that displease God and harms oneself and others then I think its much more successful and, well, healthy, physically and emotionally.
What are you going to teach about?

The holy spirit came as high priests of Judaism to teach a person the great mysteries of the law and prophets. He would have taught a progressive path through 7 feasts, 3 harvests during 2 seasons of rain because this is the temple and its comings and goings.

The holy spirit would teach all things of Judaism and why Israell had to practice the most awesome traditions that teach the mysteries of God.

Everyone has heard the phrase," The last Trump," and although Christian's dont seem to know what it is, when its blown, and why its blown, the holy spirit would have came and taught those first Christian's what it meant.

Why wont Christians.learn these things, why should they shun the knowledge as they always do?

The bible is about the law and the prophets, and the law and the prophets both have the same purpose of teaching the temple and its comings and goings, and the reason that these teachings are of the most important is because the temple had always been designed to show a human being in design, even made from the anatomy of a virgin which is the body, which is the bride, and all those comings and goings are the visitation days of the bride.

All those days, all those traditions, they are about you, and the holy spirit would have come to teach exactly that.

That you are the temple and those days are your visitation days, but are you visited?

Yes, but who has progressed through the barley to close out his first season in the wheat harvest in order to have a visitarion?

Christian's no longer talk about these most important of all things, and the biggest most depressing thing is that Gentiles no longer dream about the water ceremony with its promises to Gentiles with its great expectations.

If the holy spirit came, he would begin with the water ceremony, he would be shocked that Christian's wanted nothing to do with it.

So what are Christians going to teach unbelievers and babies in Christ?

The NewTestament is an acoompanyment to the love song that is Torah, a marriage contract, it is not some new religion.

So what will Christian's teach if not the religion Jesus walked in?

Jesus didnt walk in Judaism all his life to do away with the commandments, Jesus walked in Judaism as an example of how all men should walk.

Ecclesiastes
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Isaiah
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation

John 7
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

You can write books and books about what occurs in the water ceremoney and no man has seen or could perceive joy unless he had been to the water ceremony

It is so sad that Christian's dont want to know about.the most important thing in the bible, to know why a Christian should be waiting and anticipating the joy on the last great day of the feast.

If I cant even speak about the things of Jesus around Christian's. What exactly do Christian's think they should be teaching?

They cant convert an unbeliever to then instruct him at all, because what would you tell a convert concerning sin or holy days when there is no law, and the holy days of Jesus are shunned?

The holy spirit comes teaching everything of Judaism because Jesus walked in Judaism.

Is it so far fetched that we should study the actual religion Jesus loved and kept?

So far fetched that we should study the law, the temple or the comings and goi gs of the temple?

What other temple and other holy days should we be studying to learn about Jesus?

I have not said anything about keeping a law, I am talking about the willingness to shun everything that teaches who and what Jesus was. Christian's should study and find the true meaning in all the holy days of Jesus and their traditions because they teach of him.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-10-2021 at 07:21 PM..

Old 07-11-2021, 06:13 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have a property in Hugh Springs with a trailer house, I keep thinking about moving there to save money but dang, I hate that area so much.

Thats nice to know Hans, hope the best for you sir.

Old 07-11-2021, 04:00 PM

732 posts, read 211,916 times
Quote:
Did you ever know people from linden? I got a lot of family from there. I've been through Hughes springs all my life driving through and even working time to time. You must live in big city now?

Old 07-11-2021, 04:42 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
I've read and heard some ridiculous reasons for banning it. I would rather ban alcohol and legalize cannabis. Big pharma doesn't want cannabis legalized because they would lose billions of dollars a year when people grow their own medications in there back yards
It's legal in some countries and many states so perhaps big pharmacy is not as powerful as you assume. This fall it will have been legal for three years for those over 18 where I live. I've yet to be in a shop plus it has been legal for medicinal needs for many years now.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:17 PM

732 posts, read 211,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It's legal in some countries and many states so perhaps big pharmacy is not as powerful as you assume. This fall it will have been legal for three years for those over 18 where I live. I've yet to be in a shop plus it has been legal for medicinal needs for many years now.
Feds haven't legalized it yet, that is because politicians and their buddies probably have a lot of stock market in pharmaceutical drugs that would be hurt. Just think about stuff like Xanax and basic antidepressant drugs being forsaken for a less side effect medicine like cannabis. I'm against abusing cannabis, it can be sinful by the reason one uses it just like morphine can be abused. I wish it was medicinal nation wide to actually help people. Many PTSD soldiers and other victims kill themselves because they turn to alcohol that only makes things worse, but weed can solve those problems because it works entirely different and safe.

Old 07-11-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Did you ever know people from linden? I got a lot of family from there. I've been through Hughes springs all my life driving through and even working time to time. You must live in big city now?
Right now I am homeless staying with family a month here and a month there, by God, nobody deserves to put up with me more than 30 days.

Ya know I never ask God of anything, most people pray to get help all the time, they see red lights in the mirror and start praying," Lord please help me not get a ticket."

I never ask God of anything until now, I want my life back, and thrones.have.been set in place where a.judge is deciding my fate right now, now I pray, what the judge decides is going to set me on my course whether good or bad. I am going to be seriously disappointed if it doesnt work out.

I am about to live, or I am about to set off on a journey of death depending on what the judge decides.

That's the thing, whatever the judge decides comes from God, judges sit in the seat of God, and God moves them either way.

I wont ever let anyone pray for me, and its awkward, people want to lay hands and pray, but I never accept because I refuse to ask anything of God.

Now I am asking.

I need to go talk to Queeny and Kingfish to pray for me, I have great faith in their prayers but I would welcome all the prayers anyone would give me. I also have faith in Meerkats prayers but I am always a jerk to her, scared to ask.

Old 07-11-2021, 09:57 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Right now I am homeless staying with family a month here and a month there, by God, nobody deserves to put up with me more than 30 days.

Ya know I never ask God of anything, most people pray to get help all the time, they see red lights in the mirror and start praying," Lord please help me not get a ticket."

I never ask God of anything until now, I want my life back, and thrones.have.been set in place where a.judge is deciding my fate right now, now I pray, what the judge decides is going to set me on my course whether good or bad. I am going to be seriously disappointed if it doesnt work out.

I am about to live, or I am about to set off on a journey of death depending on what the judge decides.

That's the thing, whatever the judge decides comes from God, judges sit in the seat of God, and God moves them either way.

I wont ever let anyone pray for me, and its awkward, people want to lay hands and pray, but I never accept because I refuse to ask anything of God.

Now I am asking.

I need to go talk to Queeny and Kingfish to pray for me, I have great faith in their prayers but I would welcome all the prayers anyone would give me. I also have faith in Meerkats prayers but I am always a jerk to her, scared to ask.
Water off a ducks (or meerkats) back Hanni - I Know there is no personal malicious intent in your posts

I certainly hope and pray that things turn out well for you,

Old 07-11-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Water off a ducks (or meerkats) back Hanni - I Know there is no personal malicious intent in your posts

I certainly hope and pray that things turn out well for you,
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity