Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 08:09 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
No, that's an opinion. An entire religion is built on the supposed "superiority" of the Law of Christ", but it is faith rather than fact that it is superior. Not everyone believes the same way, and that doesn't make them wrong either.
There is no such thing as a superior religion or a favored people in God's eyes. We are all equally loved by God, but we do receive different blessings from God based on what role God wants us to play in His plan for us to know Him. I consider my encounter a blessing from God which I now know obligates me to not hide it but make my understanding of God available to my brothers and sisters who seek to understand God. I did not do that initially. I just wanted to satisfy my own intellect and avoid professional disdain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 10:11 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no such thing as a superior religion or a favored people in God's eyes. We are all equally loved by God, but we do receive different blessings from God based on what role God wants us to play in His plan for us to know Him. I consider my encounter a blessing from God which I now know obligates me to not hide it but make my understanding of God available to my brothers and sisters who seek to understand God. I did not do that initially. I just wanted to satisfy my own intellect and avoid professional disdain.
I agree.
Every religion had (and has) "Spirit and Truth" path to the "narrow gate" entry.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:27 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
So you want your brothers and sisters to know they can't trust the scriptures, and there is no hell?

Your brothers and sisters are to believe you when you cannot show them this long believed truth is not true from scripture?

Hmmmm! You must take your brothers and sisters as fools not able to see you have much to do to convince them you are not just another false prophet!

The scripture said that they searched the scriptures to see if those things were true. Some of us have done that and find you lacking in your theology, Mystic!

Old 07-04-2021, 12:18 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
"You search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life & they are they which testify of me....

BUT BUT BUT

You will not come to Me that you may have life."

"You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you’ll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren’t willing to receive from me the life you say you want." -MSG

Old 07-04-2021, 01:18 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
So you want your brothers and sisters to know they can't trust the scriptures, and there is no hell?
Your brothers and sisters are to believe you when you cannot show them this long believed truth is not true from scripture?
NO, Charlie, I want my brothers and sisters to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love AS revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus to TEST THE SPIRT OF WHAT IS CLAIMED TO BE SCRIPTURE. You can't be shown the truth if you refuse to do that, Charlie!
Quote:
Hmmmm! You must take your brothers and sisters as fools not able to see you have much to do to convince them you are not just another false prophet!

The scripture said that they searched the scriptures to see if those things were true. Some of us have done that and find you lacking in your theology, Mystic!
You keep using the wrong standard of Truth, Charlie. It is NOT the Bible. It is the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ! I'm pretty sure you know that already. What I don't understand is why you trust a different source of Truth. That is why it is you and your mentor JBF who I think are fools.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:38 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
I agree.
Every religion had (and has) "Spirit and Truth" path to the "narrow gate" entry.
Absurd, the narrow way is in the temple genius, Jesus was talking about the temple of Judaism where there is a literal, real actual narrow way.

So why dont you people know about it?

So irritating and frustrating watching somebody making ignorant things up about a religion and temple they wont study.

You want to talk about it without studying it so you sit there with your imagination just making ignorant stuff up about a religion you wont study.

Absurd.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
I've seen plenty of footage of it. Dont pull the wool over your own eyes, you will be fooling yourself. US news stations don't like showing it but others will. There are ex soldiers who have told the way they treat the Palestinians, its just as bad as anything else. A lot of jews appear to be racist from what I have seen and read.

There are very bad Palestinians i admit, bad on both sides. Neither side has the right to do a lot of the things they do to the other.
So, you were actually there and saw the atrocities?...

Old 07-04-2021, 02:51 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
NO, Charlie, I want my brothers and sisters to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love AS revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus to TEST THE SPIRT OF WHAT IS CLAIMED TO BE SCRIPTURE. You can't be shown the truth if you refuse to do that, Charlie! You keep using the wrong standard of Truth, Charlie. It is NOT the Bible. It is the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ! I'm pretty sure you know that already. What I don't understand is why you trust a different source of Truth. That is why it is you and your mentor JBF who I think are fools.
Go ahead and deny the scripture and follow your own path! The instruction book means nothing to you and you have clearly refused it, expect to be refused yourself!

Follow the crowd that says, Lord, Lord, look at what we have done, look at the agape love I have.

And He will say, why did you not believe my Word and follow me? Depart from me, I never knew you!

Agape love is NOT what we are commanded to have, that would be faith, and I see you very little of that in you by denying the scripture. The love will come by faith, but not on the path you follow.

Old 07-04-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Gen 17:11 circumcision signified a special relationship with God among the Hebrews.

Mosaic law was traded for the superior Law of Christ, better in every way. The book of Hebrews clarifies this fact.
Yea, your book of Hebrews....I don’t seem to see your Jesus swapping anything...

Old 07-04-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Go ahead and deny the scripture and follow your own path! The instruction book means nothing to you and you have clearly refused it, expect to be refused yourself!

Follow the crowd that says, Lord, Lord, look at what we have done, look at the agape love I have.

And He will say, why did you not believe my Word and follow me? Depart from me, I never knew you!

Agape love is NOT what we are commanded to have, that would be faith, and I see you very little of that in you by denying the scripture. The love will come by faith, but not on the path you follow.
I think that mystic shows a lot of agape...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity