Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 05:09 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Did you not read my question very well? I said "New Testament " worship, I did not explicitly state mosaic worship nor did I imply it, only N.T. what is actually authorized in scriptures? Prayer is authorized, singing together is authorized, communion, listening to the word preached is authorized, what else? What did the apostles teach about Christian worship? Well, we can see that it wasn't mosaic worship anymore, 1 cor. 4:6 says dont go beyond what is written, since the N.T. is the only covenant we are in, that is what we stick with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I saw what you said. Apparently you don't have any regard for the Old Testament. The Old Testament is Scripture.
What about this

Luk 15:24**For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Luk 15:25**Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
Luk 15:26**And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
Luk 15:27**And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 05:19 PM

732 posts, read 211,824 times
Quote:
I saw what you said. Apparently you don't have any regard for the Old Testament. The Old Testament is Scripture.
I know O.T. is scripture, that is beyond the point. Are you sure you dont drink? I'm starting to think you are poisoning yourself right now with these replies today, a little bit off man. Whats up with this "smack" at the end of these replies? I'm not accustomed to a lot of this.

Old Testament is for our learning on different concepts/principles about human morality, nature of God, prophecies that fuel the fire of proof beyond any doubt for us to be confident, etc. The old worship systems (mosaic & gentile) are out and we got the new and improved worship system. Gal 5:3 gives us the example of Christians going back to Judaism and Paul says that if you make circumcision part of their religion then they are obligated to keep the WHOLE law. Paul was pointing out the hypocritical mentality, so that clearly implies that if you want to reach backwards to some O.T. worship activity then you must reach for it all to remain consistent. Otherwise, just keep with what is authorized by the New.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What about this

Luk 15:24**For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Luk 15:25**Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
Luk 15:26**And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
Luk 15:27**And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
what covenant was that passage relevant to?

Old 07-03-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Christianity is pagan and born out of anti Semitism, anyone trying to convert a Jew away from following Gid is shamefull.

Jews cant become pagan and ant Semitic, the church fathers made ant Semitic laws against Jews. Catholics and Protestants have a very long history of crimes committed against Jews, terrible inhumane crimes against humanity itself and you can pretend that it isnt true but it is.

Modern Christianity is the Jews greatest enemy but the first Christian's were converts to Judaism.

All you Chriatians trying to decide if smoking is a sin when you have no law.

Christian's just invent their own laws because they are lawless, Cherry picking Christian's where if they like a certain law, they will judge everyone, but if they dont like a law, they are suddenly lawless again

Like Christian's cherry picking homosexuality and judging people as they toss the rest of the laws out the window.

Cherry pickers with no law..
Don't get so high and mighty about this crime thing, all crime is bad, I never condone any of it, that includes the crime israel has been doing to the Palestinians for years now. They murder helpless children in the streets, old women, the modern day jews keep the Palestinians in a concentration camp not too much different than the nazis. They can't even travel freely to see their own family! So watch what you say. And don't dare throw that ridiculous anti Semitic junk my way. I had a long time relationship with a Jewish- Italian woman and have no problem with any ethic group, only got problems with the bigots of any group.

I will try to convert all the jews I can to Christ. The only salvation is in Christ.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:34 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
I know O.T. is scripture, that is beyond the point. Are you sure you dont drink? I'm starting to think you are poisoning yourself right now with these replies today, a little bit off man. Whats up with this "smack" at the end of these replies? I'm not accustomed to a lot of this.

Old Testament is for our learning on different concepts/principles about human morality, nature of God, prophecies that fuel the fire of proof beyond any doubt for us to be confident, etc. The old worship systems (mosaic & gentile) are out and we got the new and improved worship system. Gal 5:3 gives us the example of Christians going back to Judaism and Paul says that if you make circumcision part of their religion then they are obligated to keep the WHOLE law. Paul was pointing out the hypocritical mentality, so that clearly implies that if you want to reach backwards to some O.T. worship activity then you must reach for it all to remain consistent. Otherwise, just keep with what is authorized by the New.
So now you are resorting to making comments like the bolded. The smacking smiley is for my annoyance at the stupidity you keep demonstrating.

God has no problem with dancing in either the Old or New Testament.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
what covenant was that passage relevant to?
I think it’s more about which layer or “head†it comes under

Old 07-03-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
So now you are resorting to making comments like the bolded. The smacking smiley is for my annoyance at the stupidity you keep demonstrating.

Danny is trying to teach us all, lol

But we are told not to be masters because they will receive greater condemnation

Old 07-03-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Danny is trying to teach us all, lol

But we are told not to be masters because they will receive greater condemnation
And he's getting everything wrong.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Where does the new testament authorize it in worship? Or is that not your point? God doesn't condone the dirty dancing that is very prevalent, wouldn't you agree? A modest dance perhaps but not the other.

I dont call you or anyone else stupid, that is a slander. I don't appreciate it. I have the tendency to believe you actually have an enormous anger problem, I can only imagine what you would be like in person, am I right?

Old 07-03-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Where does the new testament authorize it in worship? Or is that not your point? God doesn't condone the dirty dancing that is very prevalent, wouldn't you agree? A modest dance perhaps but not the other.

I dont call you or anyone else stupid, that is a slander. I don't appreciate it. I have the tendency to believe you actually have an enormous anger problem, I can only imagine what you would be like in person, am I right?
Not when it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity