Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 03:13 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
what covenant was that passage relevant to?
It was a parable...So, according to you, nothing he said in parables is for the New Testament...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 05:08 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It was ok then but now it is a sin...
Well, once the scandalous Waltz (described as "the shameless, indecent whirling-dance of the
Germans") was introduced to people, dancing just went to the devil from there.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:23 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I feel some people still don’t understand the Bible.

You are currently in the dispensation of grace. Stop worrying about everything, and certainly don’t use the Bible to beat other people over the head with your interpretation.

Best review Mat 7:21

Old 07-04-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
I think people are missing the forest for the trees.

Whether its a sin or not smoking kills far more people than people who die from other causes

So JWs and others who refrain from smoking whether its based on doctrine or not have it right.

These numbers aren't speculative or based on emotion but based on science:

Smoking causes:

480,000 deaths per year
41,000 deaths from second hand smoke.
https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_sta...n%20nonsmokers.

Thanks for posting those stats 4, I was unaware of them. We did allow smoking until I think 1973, when it was definitely determined to be a health hazard, we realized that it would be a serious sin to smoke. No Christian would have a disrespect for the sanctity of life. I had a friend in which second hand smoke contributed to his death.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
"All things are lawful for me";

So smoking is not a sin;

"But I will not be brought under the power of any"

It is still something to be avoided.

Not all things were lawful for Paul, you are misunderstanding the meaning of what is being said.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:32 AM

732 posts, read 211,679 times
Quote:
You sure about the bolded?...
I've seen plenty of footage of it. Dont pull the wool over your own eyes, you will be fooling yourself. US news stations don't like showing it but others will. There are ex soldiers who have told the way they treat the Palestinians, its just as bad as anything else. A lot of jews appear to be racist from what I have seen and read.

There are very bad Palestinians i admit, bad on both sides. Neither side has the right to do a lot of the things they do to the other.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
It was a parable...So, according to you, nothing he said in parables is for the New Testament...
That isn't my position, there are some things that only apply to the old and certain things that are universal. That is why one must reason from the evidence properly to distinguish what is and what isn't. It seems like you are just jabbing at me with anything instead of using good sense about what you say.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
So, you traded one set of laws for another set of laws...Circumcision was not a sign of the law by the way...
Gen 17:11 circumcision signified a special relationship with God among the Hebrews.

Mosaic law was traded for the superior Law of Christ, better in every way. The book of Hebrews clarifies this fact.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:10 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Gen 17:11 circumcision signified a special relationship with God among the Hebrews.

Mosaic law was traded for the superior Law of Christ, better in every way. The book of Hebrews clarifies this fact.
No, that's an opinion. An entire religion is built on the supposed "superiority" of the Law of Christ", but it is faith rather than fact that it is superior. Not everyone believes the same way, and that doesn't make them wrong either.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:27 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
I've seen plenty of footage of it. Dont pull the wool over your own eyes, you will be fooling yourself. US news stations don't like showing it but others will. There are ex soldiers who have told the way they treat the Palestinians, its just as bad as anything else. A lot of jews appear to be racist from what I have seen and read.

There are very bad Palestinians i admit, bad on both sides. Neither side has the right to do a lot of the things they do to the other.
This isn't the forum in which discussion is permitted about politics or current events. A word to the wise: Don't accuse anybody of being racist. Racism is considered so hateful that it is specifically mentioned in the Terms Of Service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity