Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 12:49 PM

732 posts, read 211,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Wow. I bet you never played those evil rock and roll records either. Those surely are the work of the Devil!
I've been around.

A lot of country music songs old and new are bad influences, rock has some but personally I find country music to be full of it more than rock. Anything that glorifies sinning is wrong, watching TV shows and movies are all the same, would Jesus Christ sit and watch half the stuff on TV today? Don't think He would approve, neither should we. Its likes being around profanity all the time, eventually its gonna wear off on you and people will hear you use dirty language unexpectedly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
If Fundies posting ridiculous claims on this forums caused others to stumble (get angry, get upset, waste time having to read/ respond, etc) would Fundies stop if it resolved another's conscience?
If the bible didn't back up my claims then yes it could be wrong, anything that is vain speech the bible condemns

Old 07-03-2021, 01:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Is smoking a sin?

No, neither is drinking, dancing, listening to music, or a multitude of other things.

Old 07-03-2021, 01:43 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Is dancing a sin?

Holy Ghost Take Over praise break - Apostle Nix & Thee Deliverance Church (TDC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6LA5d8jq7Q

Old 07-03-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Is dancing a sin?

Holy Ghost Take Over praise break - Apostle Nix & Thee Deliverance Church (TDC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6LA5d8jq7Q
That is silliness, not worshipping God in spirit and in truth. Is dancing authorized by Christ in New Testament worship? Any explicit or implicit statements, perhaps an example? .....no.

My dad took me and my brother to that kind of church years ago a few times. People did that kind of stuff. Those places claim to have members that are apostles like Paul or Peter. Apostles would not have to remember the words Jesus spoke to them because the Holy Spirit would miraculously bring it to their memories when they preached. Garland Elkins debated a person who claimed he was guided by the Holy Spirit and bro. Elkins asked him to recite Genesis chapter 1 and the alleged apostle couldn't even finish the first verse!, it embarrassed him so bad nobody ever saw him again in that town.

That is how you disprove modern day apostles. Its that simple.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
That is silliness, not worshipping God in spirit and in truth. Is dancing authorized by Christ in New Testament worship? Any explicit or implicit statements, perhaps an example? .....no.

My dad took me and my brother to that kind of church years ago a few times. People did that kind of stuff. Those places claim to have members that are apostles like Paul or Peter. Apostles would not have to remember the words Jesus spoke to them because the Holy Spirit would miraculously bring it to their memories when they preached. Garland Elkins debated a person who claimed he was guided by the Holy Spirit and bro. Elkins asked him to recite Genesis chapter 1 and the alleged apostle couldn't even finish the first verse!, it embarrassed him so bad nobody ever saw him again in that town.

That is how you disprove modern day apostles. Its that simple.

You probably have a problem with King David dancing with all his might before the Lord in 2 Samuel 6:14.
2 Samuel 6:14 And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod.
How about
Psalm 149:3 Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp. 4 For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.
The Bible mentions dancing a number of times and not in a condemning way. Read the verses in the link below.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...rshipped%20him.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-03-2021 at 03:05 PM..

Old 07-03-2021, 03:02 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:
You probably have a problem with King David dancing with all his might before the Lord in 2 Samuel 6:14.
2 Samuel 6:14 And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod.
I was thinking of that very verse.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
How about
Psalm 149:3 Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp. 4 For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.
The Bible mentions dancing a number of times and not in a condemning way. Read the verses in the link below.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...rshipped%20him.
Did you not read my question very well? I said "New Testament " worship, I did not explicitly state mosaic worship nor did I imply it, only N.T. what is actually authorized in scriptures? Prayer is authorized, singing together is authorized, communion, listening to the word preached is authorized, what else? What did the apostles teach about Christian worship? Well, we can see that it wasn't mosaic worship anymore, 1 cor. 4:6 says dont go beyond what is written, since the N.T. is the only covenant we are in, that is what we stick with.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Did you not read my question very well? I said "New Testament " worship, I did not explicitly state mosaic worship nor did I imply it, only N.T. what is actually authorized in scriptures? Prayer is authorized, singing together is authorized, communion, listening to the word preached is authorized, what else? What did the apostles teach about Christian worship? Well, we can see that it wasn't mosaic worship anymore, 1 cor. 4:6 says dont go beyond what is written, since the N.T. is the only covenant we are in, that is what we stick with.
I saw what you said. Apparently you don't have any regard for the Old Testament. The Old Testament is Scripture.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:09 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_of_Hull View Post
a) Jews can become Christians and many have throughout the ages (nice of you to conflate Christianity and paganism there).
b) Who said anything about forcing anyone to do anything?
c) You are acting like it is uniquely anti-Semitic for Christians to want Jews to convert to Christianity. What was unstated but implied by the previous poster is that any Christian worth his salt would also want all Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Taoists, animists and atheists to embrace Christianity. That is just the way of a proselytizing religion.
Christianity is pagan and born out of anti Semitism, anyone trying to convert a Jew away from following Gid is shamefull.

Jews cant become pagan and ant Semitic, the church fathers made ant Semitic laws against Jews. Catholics and Protestants have a very long history of crimes committed against Jews, terrible inhumane crimes against humanity itself and you can pretend that it isnt true but it is.

Modern Christianity is the Jews greatest enemy but the first Christian's were converts to Judaism.

All you Chriatians trying to decide if smoking is a sin when you have no law.

Christian's just invent their own laws because they are lawless, Cherry picking Christian's where if they like a certain law, they will judge everyone, but if they dont like a law, they are suddenly lawless again

Like Christian's cherry picking homosexuality and judging people as they toss the rest of the laws out the window.

Cherry pickers with no law..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity