Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 03:08 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I think that mystic shows a lot of agape...
Sad to say little faith. The Rock of our salvation is faith in Him, He takes care of the rest!

To many folks in the world bypassing faith on a path they created for themselves leaving Him behind.

Place your faith in Him totally, and see what He will do! Die to yourself and He will take you all the way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 04:05 PM

732 posts, read 211,916 times
Quote:
So, you were actually there and saw the atrocities?...
I said I had seen plenty of "footage".....footage typically implies film which is shown on TV. Hours of it, so how did you get the idea I implied I would have been there? Doesn't make sense that you asked that question.

I didn't witness the nazi holocaust so does that grant the deduction that it didn't happen? .....?

Are you just at odds with me over my position on a personal level?

Old 07-04-2021, 04:08 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
NO, Charlie, I want my brothers and sisters to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love AS revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus to TEST THE SPIRIT OF WHAT IS CLAIMED TO BE SCRIPTURE. You can't be shown the truth if you refuse to do that, Charlie! You keep using the wrong standard of Truth, Charlie. It is NOT the Bible. It is the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ! I'm pretty sure you know that already. What I don't understand is why you trust a different source of Truth. That is why it is you and your mentor JBF who I think are fools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Go ahead and deny the scripture and follow your own path! The instruction book means nothing to you and you have clearly refused it, expect to be refused yourself!
How the hell can you say this. Can't you read??? I said, "I want my brothers and sisters to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love AS revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus to TEST THE SPIRIT OF WHAT IS CLAIMED TO BE SCRIPTURE." How is that denying scripture? How does that say scriptures mean nothing to me??? How have I refused it??? You are the one believing whatever MEN have told you about how you should treat the Bible because Jesus never said anything about the Bible that DID NOT YET EXIST! Why do you refuse Jesus in favor of what men told you about the Bible? Perhaps you should expect to be refused.
Quote:
Follow the crowd that says, Lord, Lord, look at what we have done, look at the agape love I have.

And He will say, why did you not believe my Word and follow me? Depart from me, I never knew you!
Follow the crowd that says, Lord, Lord, look at what we have done, look at how we have believed everything in the Bible even what contradicted your Son Jesus' agape love.
And He will say, why did you not believe my Son and His unambiguous demonstration of my agape love ard follow Him? Depart from me to get the error refined out of your soul and get to know me, You never knew me!
Quote:
Agape love is NOT what we are commanded to have, that would be faith, and I see you very little of that in you by denying the scripture. The love will come by faith, but not on the path you follow.
Agape love is the very Holy Spirit of God. How can you say such a ridiculous thing? Of course, we are commanded by Jesus to have the agape love of God and each other repeatedly. It is our agape love that identifies us as followers of Christ and displays our FAITH in Christ. Again with the lies about me denying scripture, Charlie. You are acting like a pathological liar. As a Christian, I believe all scripture that agrees with Jesus Christ and none of it that disagrees with Him.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-04-2021 at 04:39 PM..

Old 07-04-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Yea, your book of Hebrews....I don’t seem to see your Jesus swapping anything...
The part were Jesus swapped the mosaic covenant for the Christian covenant is mentioned in Heb. 5:8-9, vs 9 explicitly states that He became the author of eternal salvation to all that obey Him.

7:11 shows the inferiority of the Levitical priesthood, giving the necessity of a superior priesthood.

8:1 shows us that Jesus is the high priest now, chapters 9 & 10 give great insight to the old and new law.

The old covenant doesn't have any more sacrifices to postpone sin, God only accepts the Christian covenant today, the Book of Hebrews clearly lays that out, out with the old, in with the new.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:05 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Not all things were lawful for Paul, you are misunderstanding the meaning of what is being said.
Paul wrote that Christians are not under the law (Romans 6:14), that we are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and that we are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

This amounts to the understanding that if I am in Christ, "all things are lawful for me."

Which is not to say that every and any behaviour is desirable for me as a believer.

Addictive behaviours are definitely off-limits for the believer (except for being "addicted to the ministry of the saints", 1 Corinthians 16:15); because Jesus said, "the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

Old 07-04-2021, 05:10 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
So, you were actually there and saw the atrocities?...
And this is the guy who doesnt want to hear ," AntiSemitism,"

Ya know, the one that replaced you lol.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
And this is the guy who doesnt want to hear ," AntiSemitism,"

Ya know, the one that replaced you lol.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are anti-Christian. In the new testament it is called antichrist

Old 07-04-2021, 06:38 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are anti-Christian. In the new testament it is called antichrist
So says the pagan whose whole worship system cones from Babylon, yea, I am be sure you are right lol.

Over there talking about swapping covenants lol, what?

Lie after lie.

Old 07-05-2021, 12:28 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I think that mystic shows a lot of agape...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Sad to say little faith. The Rock of our salvation is faith in Him, He takes care of the rest!

To many folks in the world bypassing faith on a path they created for themselves leaving Him behind.

Place your faith in Him totally, and see what He will do! Die to yourself and He will take you all the way!
Love is the foundation (rock) on which faith is built, if you love God and others - the rest will follow.

Shu'a is a massive rock!

Old 07-05-2021, 01:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
The part were Jesus swapped the mosaic covenant for the Christian covenant is mentioned in Heb. 5:8-9, vs 9 explicitly states that He became the author of eternal salvation to all that obey Him.

7:11 shows the inferiority of the Levitical priesthood, giving the necessity of a superior priesthood.

8:1 shows us that Jesus is the high priest now, chapters 9 & 10 give great insight to the old and new law.

The old covenant doesn't have any more sacrifices to postpone sin, God only accepts the Christian covenant today, the Book of Hebrews clearly lays that out, out with the old, in with the new.
Postpone sin?...What do you mean?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity