Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 08:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
You cannot prove it was alcohol, Jesus would never drink alcohol (Lk. 1:15) and He would never put a stumbling block before man. The very implication is irrefutable. Drunkeness is a sin, the Messiah would NEVER lead a soul to sin. He was accused of being a glutton and drunkard by who???

..... it was the Pharisees who accused Him, why would they have done that? Because they hated Him. Read the context next time.

Acts, the apostles were mocked by some and they claimed they were drunk. Like I said read the context, you are killing me here with your absurd statements. Teenagers can figure this stuff out for themselves. There is no reason you can't, other than the pride of life that will lead to your destruction.

Rom. 13:13-14 shows us not to get drunk since it causes sexual promiscuous actions and thoughts

Rom. 14:13 shows us not to put a stumbling block in our brothers way.

There is nothing to glorify God and Christ by social drinking, it promotes wickedness and harm and death every single day around this world and here you are promoting this harm and death! How many children are killed by a social drinker who was influenced by another who said its all ok? Answer that.

That is the devil who wants people to think that way, not God. How many children are molested because people drink?

How many families are destroyed by drinking?

How many physical and mental abuses are caused by drinking?

How many people lose their jobs and ruin their life because of drinking?

And here you are defending the very essence of all this enormous chaos that only serves Satan.
Can you prove it wasn’t alcoholic?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 08:22 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, no, no, it was grape juice...
No, it wasn't grape juice. It would have been silly for the Pharisees to accuse Jesus of being a drunkard (Matthew 11:19) if Jesus wasn't drinking something capable of making him drunk. Not that he actually did get drunk. But he certainly did drink wine that contained alcohol.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:20 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That sounds similar to what the Apostle James said, the Lords half-brother.
Quote:
Half brother?...Where does it say that?...
James didn't have the same father as Jesus.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No, it wasn't grape juice. It would have been silly for the Pharisees to accuse Jesus of being a drunkard (Matthew 11:19) if Jesus wasn't drinking something capable of making him drunk. Not that he actually did get drunk. But he certainly did drink wine that contained alcohol.
You’re preaching to choir, Mike...

Old 06-28-2021, 05:48 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I don't care for smoking myself though at one point when I was much younger I did smoke. And I don't like having to inhale second hand smoke. But smoking in and of itself is not a sin just as drinking is not a sin.

You mention respect for life. Too bad that the Jehovah's Witnesses don't extent that to giving blood transfusions which would save a life.

We would never violate scripture for the temporary extension of life sir. God saw to it that the words abstain from blood was in the Bible, given by the anointed governing body to Christians, so that is what we will do. I am glad you were wise enough to stop smoking Mike.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Apostle Paul who was a prophet of God said ``don't you know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God indwells in you? If any man defiles the temple of God, him will God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are ``.1 Corinthians 3;16-17 ............... I remember quitting smoking at the time of my coming to Christ, going cold turkey, and during that time after there was a demon who would blow tobacco smoke in my nose through the spirit as this kind was an unclean spirit........ smoking will attract these evil spirits

Good for you HJ

Old 06-28-2021, 05:52 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
smoking is not a "sin".
Being self centered is a "sin".

If a person gets sick and cannot support themselves due to smoking and life choices, its a sin to say others have to support their family. Key phrase "have to".

Old 06-28-2021, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
If you lead another to harm their body then that is a bad example, not loving your neighbor and therefore not loving God. Now that concept applies to more than just smoking. I have been guilty of that for many years until several years ago. Drinking from the biblical perspective is negative in general, Noah became drunk after the flood and then what happened? Negative consequences. It took me a long time to realize social drinking is a sin within itself. How many people can be effected by one drunk getting in a car?

Satan wants us to have vices that destroy the temple of God which is our bodies, that includes smoking, drinking, eating bad, any unhealthy lifestyle habits, etc.

Drinking is beneficial for the body Dan. The Bible does not condemn drinking, although it does warn us that it can bite us if we are not careful. It does condemn drunkenness, and like you pointed out can definitely become a sin, so one would have to be conscientious in their usage.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
In response to the OP question;

See 1 Corinthians 6:12.

I sincerely hope you are not suggesting anything goes sir, so what is your point?

Old 06-28-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Half brother?...Where does it say that?...

Jesus had a different father Rick. Therefore correctly stated James is Jesus' half brother
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity