Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2023, 07:55 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,377,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
There is nothing more egregious within the Catholic Church than the audacity they had to remove the cup from the people of God, especially since Jesus commanded, “Do this in remembrance of Me.”
Quote:
My congregation administers the fruit of the vine in individual cups.
I'm curious as to why you condemn others on the exercise of their communion althewhile instituting practices found nowhere in scripture in your own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 09:00 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
I've challenged your belief that the Catholic Church is the "True" Church but you haven't given me any response back. What makes it the "True" church? Who said it is the true church? Every church believes they are the truth. What convinces you that the Catholic church is the true church?
It's the True Church because it meets the criteria of being One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic.

It was founded by Christ Himself, and its hierarchy today is composed of the direct successors to the Apostles.

Old 01-03-2023, 09:31 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Not trying to answer for Kate.

There was only one time where I saw a Catholic church offer wine during communion and they stopped doing it when cases increased in the area.

The way around this is the alternative method of distributing the wine using the aluminum tray dispenser where everyone who partakes in the communion takes a small cup and drinks from it, then places the cup back on the tray. Not sure if this goes against scripture though since Jesus used a chalice which he shared with his disciples. I'm not sure if scripture takes into consideration the scenario where people might be sick when partaking in communion. I know the Lutheran Church (ELCA and WELS, not sure about LCMS) does this all the time. Growing up, the ELCA church I went to used a chalice which everyone drank up. I am assuming no one had any problems with it.
We always drank from the same chalice in the Episcopal Church, except for people who for whatever reason could not ingest alcohol. There was a second, grape juice chalice for them.

I do not think they have resumed that practice. Maybe everybody could bring their own little mini chalice and the priest pour the consecrated wine from a little pitcher.

Old 01-03-2023, 10:48 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:

Protestants who claim baptism is not necessary for salvation are no better since Jesus commanded believers to be immersed.
Oh, bull crap, lady.

Old 01-03-2023, 12:33 PM

1,339 posts, read 649,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
It's the True Church because it meets the criteria of being One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic.

It was founded by Christ Himself, and its hierarchy today is composed of the direct successors to the Apostles.
That's not a response to any of my questions. You just keep repeating the same statements over and over again.

Old 01-03-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
That's not a response to any of my questions. You just keep repeating the same statements over and over again.
Maybe I missed your questions somehow. I haven't been able to keep up with the discussions as closely as usual due to the holidays. You asked me what makes the Catholic Church the True Church, which I answered...

What else did you ask?

Old 01-03-2023, 12:58 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
He has no answers, just dogmatic insistence on the doctrine he has accepted. There are no successors to Jesus or the Apostles, just followers.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:33 PM

1,339 posts, read 649,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Maybe I missed your questions somehow. I haven't been able to keep up with the discussions as closely as usual due to the holidays. You asked me what makes the Catholic Church the True Church, which I answered...

What else did you ask?
Beginning on page 36 of this thread. https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...ession-36.html

Me and MissKate posted our criticisms of the Catholic Church. Awaiting your response.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Beginning on page 36 of this thread. https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...ession-36.html

Me and MissKate posted our criticisms of the Catholic Church. Awaiting your response.
Thanks. The only post I see where you asked me a direct question is Post #358, and I answered it here in Post #372.

As for your Post #360 inquiring about my response regarding various Catholic practices; I have no response. I'm not interested in discussing specific Catholic practices in this thread, but would be happy to discuss them elsewhere where they may be more directly on topic.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:58 PM

Quote:

You had also asked Kathryn about my conversion to Catholicism.

I posted a very brief version of it here, and would be happy to share a link to the longer version with you if you're interested. Just DM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity