Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 01:25 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,077,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
yup, if Jesus always made a distinction between himself and God and the writers did the same I am on good ground to continue in the same fashion
Back to genetics, I guess that Jesus would be half G-d and half man, Kinda like Hercules, so, does that imply that G-d married Mary?...But, she was already betrothed to Joseph and according to His own Torah, that would be a no-no or adultery...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 01:25 PM

33,326 posts, read 26,530,181 times
Quote:
lol Richard quote a well known Jewish scribe who I would say has a better understanding of his own scriptures then you or your scholars.
Jewish scribes are well known to argue with each other about the meaning of Scriptural texts.

And scholars certainly have a better understand of the issue than you do.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
the Trinitarians don't like those type of questions Richard.
But, it is in their own writings...

Old 09-26-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
But then we have Jesus' curiously weak and watered-down response in John 10:

The Jews answered Him, “We are not stoning You for a good work, but for blasphemy; and because you, being a man, make yourself out to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law: ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be nullified), are you saying of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

Jesus is talking about Psalm 82, where God pronounces judgment on the heavenly members of the Divine Council who have abused their authority. God says "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you." But clearly, none of them is God. So Jesus is saying little more than "Hey, I'm a son of God too - but a sanctified one sent into the world by God." The conventional explanation for this curious response is that Jesus is just buying time for himself by deflecting the Jews' charge of blasphemy.

As counterintuitive as it may seem, scholars agree that it's Jesus' repeated use of the term "Son of Man" that is his clearest assertion of divinity.
Psalms 82 has nothing to do with the Devine council...He’s speaking to those who He gave the Torah to...

Old 09-26-2021, 01:29 PM

33,326 posts, read 26,530,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sorry, Mike, Psalms 82 is not referring to the Devine council...
It absolutely is. As I've already noted, the English Standard Version correctly translates the Hebrew text of Psalm 82.

Psalm 82:1 God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:

Old 09-26-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Trinitarians have no problem with those type of questions, and have been answered.

How could Jesus have a God over him? Why did the Father call Jesus God and yet say that He was the Son's God in Hebrews chapter one?

There is an authority structure within the godhead but that has nothing to do with ontology. Jesus is just as much God as the Father is, but the first person of the godhead is the authority in the godhead. I already addressed this earlier on this thread.
This is all Greek...

Old 09-26-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
this I know Richard, yet the scriptures in question says ye are God is written in the law/torah.
Interesting that no one noticed that...

Old 09-26-2021, 01:35 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,401,524 times
Quote:
Back to genetics, I guess that Jesus would be half G-d and half man, Kinda like Hercules, so, does that imply that G-d married Mary?...But, she was already betrothed to Joseph and according to His own Torah, that would be a no-no or adultery...
lol I guess you could look at it that way, but is the virgin birth what most of Christianity thinks it is.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:36 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,401,524 times
Quote:
Interesting that no one noticed that...
Your rashi quote actually backs it up.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Richard doesn't know what he is talking about and neither do you. and I already told you who the word of God came to.
The word of G-d came to G-d’s devine council, right?...That’s what you’re trying to sell to intelligent people who can read and comprehend, right?...Unfortunately for you, I do know what I’m talking about...And Psalms 82 is addressing those who received the Torah from G-d, Israelites, man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity