Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the better city?
San Jose 9 9.89%
Sacramento 27 29.67%
Long Beach 30 32.97%
Oakland 25 27.47%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:36 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Haha, that's ridiculous, LOL. Who wants a chilly summer?
LOL plenty of people prefer comfortable summer weather. You are starting to sound a bit jealous actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 09:41 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
One interesting development is that the center for the Bay Area is likely to shift southwards to San Jose in the next decade. The primary industry for the Bay Area is much more concentrated in San Jose and a primary issue had been that one of the main issues has been the terrible commute from the East Bay to San Jose. However, BART reaching downtown San Jose is a massive shift, along with electrified Caltrain and an expanded VTA light rail (and to some extent, the high speed rail line which seems to have been reconfigured into an extremely long range commuter rail for San Jose). These are just the transit expansions, but coupled with the denser housing construction in San Jose, and the sponsorship of civic art and culture institutions within the city and that the domestic and foreign migrant population into the area generally favor new construction, well, you got a stew going.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL plenty of people prefer comfortable summer weather. You are starting to sound a bit jealous actually.
I said chilly, not comfortable, LOL!

Old 11-07-2016, 09:48 PM

6,888 posts, read 8,263,485 times
Quote:
Haha your opinion is just that. I embrace you right to have one.

I have hosted hundreds of people from out of town over the years who hail from all over the world and I dont even have to ask--they volunteer praise about the weather-ESPECIALLY IN SUMMER...So thanks for your opinion but Im good.
Ahh, so this adds to your bias, yes, everyone knows the virtues of a very mild climate like Oakland, Los Angeles Long Beach or Sacramento to name just a few California cities.

I've hosted folks from Europe both in the winter and summer right here and Sacramento and I've heard the same applause.

Sacramento weather is more like LA, San Jose, Oakland and Long Beach than it is Washington D.C. New York, Chicago, Miami and hundreds of other American cities.

This is what coastal Californians don't understand: Sacramento has a mild climate, a Mediterranean Climate; it is more like most Coastal Californian cities than most other American cities. Because, we can get toasty for just PART OF DAY in the summer completely distorts a coastal Californians mind in how much Sacramento is just like their weather. This past 30-50 days is a perfect example of how similar(near identical) Sacramento weather is to many cities in the Bay Area, LA, and SD.

They also don't know that of all the microclimates on the immediate coast to 20/30 miles inland, Sacramento, also, as a microclimate that allows for a distinct area within the Central Valley that receives COOL temperatures in the middle of the summer.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Compared to Oakland, it is.

What do Phoenix, Vegas and 85% of other cities in the US have to do with this thread? Sacramento is scorching hot in summer compared to Oakland in the summer time, why do you keep pretending it isnt? Ive lived in both cities for years and know this for a fact.

No most people would say Oakland's climate is more comfortable in the summer. I really dont know who you think your fooling? This is like common knowledge, the Bay is cooler. What's up the resistence to reality?
No, you are pretending that Sacramento isn't cool, comfortable and pleasant most of the time from 5 a.m. to Noon 1pm, 2pm in the middle of the summer.

You ignore that Sacramento weather is near identical to Oakland temps in the middle of the summer from 5 a.m. to Noon 1pm, 2pm in the middle of the summer.

I've lived in SF and Sacramento for many years as well, and spent many a summer in my youth in the inner East Bay.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Ahh, so this adds to your bias, yes, everyone knows the virtues of a very mild climate like Oakland, Los Angeles Long Beach or Sacramento to name just a few California cities.

I've hosted folks from Europe both in the winter and summer right here and Sacramento and I've heard the same applause.

Sacramento weather is more like LA, San Jose, Oakland and Long Beach than it is Washington D.C. New York, Chicago, Miami and hundreds of other American cities.

This is what coastal Californians don't understand: Sacramento has a mild climate, a Mediterranean Climate; it is more like most Coastal Californian cities than most other American cities. Because, we can get toasty for just PART OF DAY in the summer completely distorts a coastal Californians mind in how much Sacramento is just like their weather. This past 30-50 days is a perfect example of how similar(near identical) Sacramento weather is to many cities in the Bay Area, LA, and SD.

They also don't know that of all the microclimates on the immediate coast to 20/30 miles inland, Sacramento, also, as a microclimate that allows for a distinct area within the Central Valley that receives COOL temperatures in the middle of the summer.
Okay but for the 34th time, Oakland summers are way more comfortable than Sacramento summers, and compared to Oakland, Sacramento is really hot.

You keep bringing up places that arent part of thread and thats totally irrelevant.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:59 PM

I guess the question is, what are interesting things to do in Sacramento?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I've lived in SF and Sacramento for many years as well, and spent many a summer in my youth in the inner East Bay.
Then why the hell are you acting like Sacramento is only mildly warmer than Oakland?

Really? We telling fairy tales now?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Okay but for the 34th time, Oakland summers are way more comfortable than Sacramento summers, and compared to Oakland, Sacramento is really hot.

You keep bringing up places that arent part of thread and thats totally irrelevant.
Yes, compared to Oakland's, Sacramento summers are hot. Which is good. It's not outrageously hot like the Inland Empire, Vegas or Phoenix which are miseably hot despite the dry heat talk. It's also not hot in the terrible muggy hot 'lanta and Florida sort of hot. It's simply a good heat signifying summer and a pleasure to be outside.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I used to think that until my Bay Area and friends insist on coming up to Sacramento IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City