Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,952,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Definitely in the right state for that

NY is famous for its welfare system. Can't tell you how many people outside of and within NY mock that state for being a welfare state

You say this when Texas is the #1 state for the most uninsured people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,850,422 times
Okay guys, settle down with the personal stories from a decade ago that we've heard a gazillion times on here. Really. Different places for different people, but that doesn't mean the other place is bad for most.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:06 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,105,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
You say this when Texas is the #1 state for the most uninsured people.
Yes, it also has a HUGE number of illegals

eek

3,574 posts, read 7,740,392 times
more than half of the nyc forum consists of ppl wanting to move from elsewhere in the country or the world to ny. there's a specific thread at the top explaining to ppl what they should do, why, where, when, how, etc.

there's a thread there right now with a 30 year old lady who has 200 dollars to her name and wants to buy a one way ticket to nyc and never go back to where she's from.

its that serious.

in summary: "we on it like that."

Quote:
Yes, it also has a HUGE number of illegals

Yep, a problem we don't have to deal with as bad as you guys

At least blue states care about all people. Red states only care about the wealthy. I guess you don't care about the poor people. How sad.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
half of the nyc forum consists of ppl wanting to move from elsewhere in the country or the world to ny. there's a specific thread at the top explaining to ppl what they should do, why, where, when, how, etc.

there's a thread there right now with a 30 year old lady who has 200 dollars to her name and wants to buy a one way ticket to nyc and never go back to where she's from.

its that serious.

in summary: "we on it like that."

But according to the Texans on here, not many people are moving to NY It's funny, isn't it...Take a look at this message board. It says a lot:

812 people wanting to move to NYC:
Move to New York City

Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Yep, a problem we don't have to deal with as bad as you guys

At least blue states care about all people. Red states only care about the wealthy. I guess you don't care about the poor people. How sad.

I care about poor people who can't help it (those with disabilities, injured etc)

I don't care about poor people who are poor and refuse to work by choice (abuse the system)

Old 09-23-2009, 05:11 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,346,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
on LI who moved there hated it. In fact they eventually, shut down their Houston office, because they couldn't get people to go there. My opinion? I am done with the SOUTH, anywhere. I would rather live in Section 8 housing on food stamps in NY than in a mansion anywhere in there south.

There are things money cannot buy.
You're really passionate about NY, that's a hard way to live, most NYers in that situation would take the Southern Mansion (I know I would, I'm thankful I'm not in that situation).

Quote:
But according to the Texans on here, not many people are moving to NY It's funny, isn't it...Take a look at this message board. It says a lot:

812 people wanting to move to NYC:
Move to New York City

Look at the population numbers. They say alot more. NY is one of the slowest gaining states in America

Quote:
I care about poor people who can't help it (those with disabilities, injured etc)

I don't care about poor people who are poor and refuse to work by choice (abuse the system)

Ok, so according to you, most of the people receiving welfare in NY refuse to work and abuse the system? Riiiiight. Tell that to the parents of my students in the south Bronx who work 12 hour shifts making minimum wage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City