Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
^^Quite an ignorant statement and demonstrating that you don't know anything about Miami. No surprise coming from you...
Your too kind.

Let's see; all we ever hear about on these forums is how they have great beaches, amazing nigtlife, and great shopping. This is usually one of the few things Miami ever comes on top in. My comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously, but to show how much I've learn from listen to Miami boosters on this form.

Btw; I've been to Miami. Family wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:08 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Other than beaches and the club scene, what else does Miami have to offer as far as nightlife? Clubs are very low what appeals to me in a city's nightlife, although I can understand why people like a good club scene.
What do other cities offer in there nightlife? What else is to nightlife besides clubs?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Contrary to what many say on here, New Orleans is definitely on par with Miami when it comes to international recognition. In fact New Orleans's international reputation has a much longer history than Miami--especially considering the fact that it was one of the primary destinations in America for immigrants in the late 19th/early 20th Centuries. Now it may not be as glamorous among the jet-set crowd, especially after the resurgence of South Beach over the past 20 years, but it nonetheless remains a primary destination for international tourists given its history and uniqueness. Mardi Gras is definitely world renown and its musical history is internationally recognized as well.
Sorry Its not Miami its is way more International known and more people have been to south beach and partied in South Beach then in New Orleans Thats on a regular weekend. Miami gets way more international tourism and bets believe most are going to go to South Beach. The only time NO is really Crunk is when Special Events come around like Mardi Gra or Essences Festival etc.. I have been tio New Orleans on a regular Weekend and its not as festive as it would be if a event was there..

Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
What do other cities offer in there nightlife? What else is to nightlife besides clubs?
Bars, resturants, shopping, etc

Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 AM

Bottom line is, when did it get to the point that Miami,of ALL cities had to be downplayed, to make other cities nightlife look superior?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Bottom line is, when did it get to the point that Miami,of ALL cities had to be downplayed, to make other cities nightlife look superior?
You should be asking the OP that question because I never downplayed Miami's nightlife.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Bars, resturants, shopping, etc
Miami has all of that, and in GREAT numbers, and in GREAT quality. It's been called the shopping capital of the South. I just don't see what Miami doesn't have(besides theme parks).

Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
You should be asking the OP that question because I never downplayed Miami's nightlife.
I'm not necessarily talking about you, just other people in general.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:
Your too kind.

Let's see; all we ever hear about on these forums is how they have great beaches, amazing nigtlife, and great shopping. This is usually one of the few things Miami ever comes on top in. My comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously, but to show how much I've learn from listen to Miami boosters on this form.

Btw; I've been to Miami. Family wedding.

Well good for you. I just find it ironic that one of people from one of the most unfairly maligned cities on this forum would be so quick to denigrate other cities at the drop of a hat, but whatever.

And what is wrong with great beaches, amazing nightlife and great shopping?

A lot of people don't realize that Miami is also a major financial center and serves as the American headquarters for a lot of Latin-American companies, as well as a large Hispanic multimedia center.

But yeah, Miami has "only a few" things going on, yeah, okay.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't understand some poster's overwhelming desire to downplay other cities in order to feel better about the city they live in. It's childish and silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City