Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 11:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Well good for you. I just find it ironic that one of people from one of the most unfairly maligned cities on this forum would be so quick to denigrate other cities at the drop of a hat, but whatever.

And what is wrong with great beaches, amazing nightlife and great shopping?

A lot of people don't realize that Miami is also a major financial center and serves as the American headquarters for a lot of Latin-American companies, as well as a large Hispanic multimedia center.

But yeah, Miami has "only a few" things going on, yeah, okay.
I meant on this forum as far as when it comes to polls....

You've really been defensive lately; you should relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
What do other cities offer in there nightlife? What else is to nightlife besides clubs?
Live music, bars, festivals (not always nightlife though), etc. Anywhere that serves alcohol and/or provides entertainment after about 10:00 can be considered part of the nightlife IMO. I guess I'm usually looking for a great live music scene, good bars, friendly people, and just verity of places go drinking with friends.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Yes that is definitely the case. my family has a second home in Ft Lauderdale so I frequent the area. As for the club scene, ya I do think a lot of people just go to straight clubs in the area, especially since Colliseum closed down. But you have to admit for a metro area that big, you'd expect more options.
There is more you have to know where they are I know I used to go to Club Space34.they have gay night there, Bongo, Blue Lounge, CLub Boi, 721 bar on Miami beach, Club Cameo, Club sugar, Galaxy at Casale. there are alot of gay cafes and Lounges too So I guess you have to know where to go and also these are Downtown and Miami beach the few I named this miami sizzle from last year I went home for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL5xPtqFpW0

Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I meant on this forum as far as when it comes to polls....

You've really been defensive lately; you should relax.
Okay, I can put my safety back on.

And I do need to relax. Stressed out about grad school, job, etc. The things that could help me relax right about now would get me fired, LOL.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Live music, bars, festivals (not always nightlife though), etc. Anywhere that serves alcohol and/or provides entertainment after about 10:00 can be considered part of the nightlife IMO. I guess I'm usually looking for a great live music scene, good bars, friendly people, and just verity of places go drinking with friends.
I see, I see. Miami's bar scene isn't on par with other cities, but everything else you said Miami is up there with. Especially festivals. For some reason people think Miami's nightlife only consist of 2 or 3 clubs on Washington Ave in South Beach. That couldn't be furthest from the truth. ESPECIALLY if you include the WHOLE South Florida Metro Area.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:25 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times
Quote:
I see, I see. Miami's bar scene isn't on par with other cities, but everything else you said Miami is up there with. Especially festivals. For some reason people think Miami's nightlife only consist of 2 or 3 clubs on Washington Ave in South Beach. That couldn't be furthest from the truth. ESPECIALLY if you include the WHOLE South Florida Metro Area.
^^This.

My relatives in South Florida almost never go to Miami Beach. They're happy with the options they have closer to them.

How is the Grove these days?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Okay, I can put my safety back on.

And I do need to relax. Stressed out about grad school, job, etc. The things that could help me relax right about now would get me fired, LOL.
Your stressed? pfft!

I have an outstanding balance for school up to $2000, I got to buy some new roters for my car, and my laptop battery is dead and I had my history research paper (5 pages) saved on there and it's due Friday!

But, besides that I'm good lol

Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
I sure am seeing a lot of ignorance (or denial) with regard to Miami's entertainment scene. Have some of you even ever seen the Entertainment Section of the Miami Herald? Say what you will about the city (it's not one of my favorites, either), but one thing that it has is a robust cultural scene...and yes, it goes well beyond bars and beaches.
Among Miami's cultural assets is one of the finest opera companies IME.

Florida Grand Opera

Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
^^This.

My relatives in South Florida almost never go to Miami Beach. They're happy with the options they have closer to them.
How is the Grove these days?
I havn't been to the Grove since I was a kid. But I've been hearing about it, and I heard it's REALLY poppin right now. New Condos and shopping. I moved out of South Florida to Texas a WHILE ago back in 96. Now I live in NC.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
I have been to several live raggae performances in Miami but not everyone is into Raggae... and Depending on What Club you go to you ay get life performances from different main stream artist. I know the White room Lounge on Miami Beach as life performances also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City