Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Sorry if I am not cooperating here and playing "follow the leader". I do not care what someone in Ibiza thinks or what they have heard of. I much prefer the nightlife of LA, New Orleans, Houston and San Diego (for sunbelt cities) and many Northern cities as well, over South Beach. I do not give in no matter how many people attempt to "shout me down" over the internet because they live vicariously through celebrity and model opinions on nightlife and I do not conform to this opinion. I did not find South Beach to be all that... sue me
No offense, and I hate to rekindle the flame war, BUT doesn't LA do the EXACT same thing. I mean LA has HOLLYWOOD for goodness sake. Hollywood clubs(and LA clubs in general) are the MECCA for clubs gaining notoriety through the APPEARANCE and OPINIONS of CELEBRITIES. Same with New York. I REALLY love LA but C'mon, LA does the EXACT same thing as Miami does(If not worse). If you prefer the club seen in LA over the one in Miami, then you're living even MORE vicariously through the opinions of celebrities then people who prefer Miami. LA is made up of clubs famed for the celebrities that party there. Same goes for NYC. LA is a HUGE party/club city, you're still playing follow the leader my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Yes Hip Hop is Just one aspect of Miami you have raggae Latin also. And Atlanta is looked at has Hip Hop city because thats the dominate genre of music. Almost every race nowadays listens too it Then you have to think about all the record labels Rappers etc that hail out of Atlanta. Lots Of R&B and Hip Hop Artist come to record here in Atlanta too.
Yes, I understand that, but there's a lot of other fantastic music and big named artist that come out of Atlanta as well as records in Atlanta outside of the hip hop scene.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Rght Polo Im a native and I guess Being a Native of Miami you pretty much No the root and soul of the city since yI have spent most of your life inn... Theres so many genres of music

You have the Ultra music festival, Miami Blues festival are some music fest that are held there. Then theres Urban music fest also
I used to live in West Palm, but I used to go to Miami all the time when I was a kid. Then I moved to Austin. Now I'm in Charlotte NC. So I know Miami, and I know the South.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Yes, I understand that, but there's a lot of other fantastic music and big named artist that come out of Atlanta as well as records in Atlanta outside of the hip hop scene.

Yes you are right but hip hop is over shadowing the others if you watched the Grammys there were 23 nominations just from ga artist alone and most of them were for either r&b or hiphop

Old 02-16-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I used to live in West Palm, but I used to go to Miami all the time when I was a kid. Then I moved to Austin. Now I'm in Charlotte NC. So I know Miami, and I know the South.
Right I was agreeing with you on what you said earlier about the different music genres

Old 02-16-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Right I was agreeing with you on what you said earlier about the different music genres
I know, I was just telling you where I'm from.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
I'd take John Mayer over the majority of the ATL rappers anyday lol

Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'd take John Mayer over the majority of the ATL rappers anyday lol
I'll agree with you on that lol I don't like most of them just a few

Old 02-16-2010, 01:04 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
I'll agree with you on that lol I don't like most of them just a few
I'll admit that Atlanta's hip hop scene is a huge step up from Dallas hip hop scene as far as mainstream?

Stanky Leg, Booty Dew, Ice Cream Paint Job, and it gets worse....

Your all just lucky you don't have to deal with the local rappers were forced to listen to on our radio stations.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'll admit that Atlanta's hip hop scene is a huge step up from Dallas hip hop scene as far as mainstream?

Stanky Leg, Booty Dew, Ice Cream Paint Job, and it gets worse....

Your all just lucky you don't have to deal with the local rappers were forced to listen to on our radio stations.

We have our share too

she got a donk. Turn it up..etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City