Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 09:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

Face it...you and Trump are completely WRONG about the economic impact of immigrants both legal and illegal and the impacts of legalization in general. I am not aware of a SINGLE ECONOMIST that would back your position. I've sourced and backed up my argument. You continue with your hyperbole.
I agree with what was outlined in bold.
Economist are like expert witnesses. They will say whatever you want if you pay them. They operate on theory. The administration that pays 400 million ransom for hostages and calls crooked Hillary the most qualified while cooking the books on intelligence will not hesitate to cook the books on the economy or find economist to pay for playing their song

Last edited by phma; 08-18-2016 at 09:40 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 09:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking LA Times poll: Trump getting bump from African American outreach....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

Yeah, sure...

That Drumpf...

He really knows how to rope in the minorities.

Dear **********s: it's a mirage.

Known to happen in the CA desert.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:38 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

Face it...you and Trump are completely WRONG about the economic impact of immigrants both legal and illegal and the impacts of legalization in general. I am not aware of a SINGLE ECONOMIST that would back your position. I've sourced and backed up my argument. You continue with your hyperbole.
Not a single economist? Don't be silly, there are thousands. You may not find them in your pro globalist publications though. You may need to expand your horizons. I can't think of a single issue where all economists agree. They live to argue. Here is a pro/con article just to illustrate how each economist selectively uses costs and statistics to make their argument. Is Illegal Immigration an Economic Burden to America? - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

If you are being unbiased and honest with yourself, they both make a good case, don't they?

So what are you left with? Your own knowledge of history and common sense.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:42 AM

148 posts, read 137,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
But this is business, and if there is one thing I have learned in my years of business dealings it is that you never let emotions govern them. If you do, you will lose every time. Build yourself up first, and then you will be in a much better position to help the people you want to help. I have a lot more empathy for the poor people that belong here than the ones who cheated their way into the system. The whole reason to have a country in the first place is to protect the welfare of it's citizens.

If you believe we need to share our wealth with the billions of poor people around the world out of some sort of solidarity, that is nice in theory, but it is not very practical. Before long, everybody would be poor except for a handful of people who already have a controlling interests.
I am always astounded by the ability of people to read something and not comprehend it. I did not advocate sharing wealth with the world nor did I say anything about illegal immigrants. I said Hispanics and Muslims are demonized by the right. They say they only mean illegal immigrants or radical Muslims but extend their prejudices to LEGAL US citizens who just happen to be Muslim or Hispanic. Trump advocated for a database of LEGAL US citizens based on their religion. If we tried that with Christians or Jewish people there would be outrage, but Muslims...why should they have 1st amendment rights.

Go look through he comments on any right leaning website, heck look at he ones here. Every person with an Arabic sounding name is characterized as hating America, everyone with a Hispanic sounding name is classified as an illegal, and every black person is a no job having, welfare leech. The Republican party is not inclusive. And minority communities get the message loud and clear.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I am always astounded by the ability of people to read something and not comprehend it. I did not advocate sharing wealth with the world nor did I say anything about illegal immigrants. I said Hispanics and Muslims are demonized by the right. They say they only mean illegal immigrants or radical Muslims but extend their prejudices to LEGAL US citizens who just happen to be Muslim or Hispanic. Trump advocated for a database of LEGAL US citizens based on their religion. If we tried that with Christians or Jewish people there would be outrage, but Muslims...why should they have 1st amendment rights.

Go look through he comments on any right leaning website, heck look at he ones here. Every person with an Arabic sounding name is characterized as hating America, everyone with a Hispanic sounding name is classified as an illegal, and every black person is a no job having, welfare leech. The Republican party is not inclusive. And minority communities get the message loud and clear.
My comprehension is fine. I read what you said and understood it. You were saying that black people feel a sense of solidarity with other "demonized" groups. And I was replying that they are Americans and they deserve the first shot at the jobs that illegals take, and at better wages than the illegals are being paid. In order to take back what is rightfully theirs, emotion need to be replaced with practicality.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The democrats founded the KKK and the Jim Crow laws, and the dixiecrats was for segregation.. they did not join the Republican party.. Only one dixiecrat become a Republcan and his name was Strom Thrumond.

It was the Republican party that was for civil rights..When finally the democrats gave in to civil rights with the pressure from the Republicans and society to change, the democrats finally gave up and voted for the civil rights act.. they were the evil racist party from the beginning.. then they are so evil , they lied about their past and blacks believed them. Same today. .. they believe the wrong party.. the party that wants to divide us in shades of color and race. Now they play the race card for power in the opposite direction... with lies , , giving lip service while shipping black peoples jobs to other countries leaving them in ghettos far from their elitist neighborhoods.. One day blacks will wake up .. hopefully soon .
So maybe the Republicans should take a hint from those racists Democrats of the 40's and 50's and recognize that to attract the minority vote they need to change. Currently Republicans either ignore minority communities or actively advocate against them.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Oh ffs, that's not even the real ABC News website. Here is the real one: ABC News: Breaking News & Latest Headlines

How can so many people be so gullible?
Even if it isn't a real ABC URL people did vote. So there!

Also I guess you might be disappointed that the URL I posted didn't have the same anti-Trump numbers you're accustomed to by the left winged liberal media.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
My comprehension is fine. I read what you said and understood it. You were saying that black people feel a sense of solidarity with other "demonized" groups. And I was replying that they are Americans and they deserve the first shot at the jobs that illegals take, and at better wages than the illegals are being paid. In order to take back what is rightfully theirs, emotion need to be replaced with practicality.
It is practicality not emotion when you understand that the group being demonized today could easily be you tomorrow.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
It is practicality not emotion when you understand that the group being demonized today could easily be you tomorrow.
It is practical to understand it. It is not practical to act on it, because tomorrow you will have more resources to fight them, all because you were practical today.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:02 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I agree with what was outlined in bold.
Economist are like expert witnesses. They will say whatever you want if you pay them. They operate on theory. The administration that pays 400 million ransom for hostages and calls crooked Hillary the most qualified while cooking the books on intelligence will not hesitate to cook the books on the economy or find economist to pay for playing their song
You are clueless. I provide source after source to support my arguments and all you can do is spout random crap. Do you even know what the CBO is?

Quote:
Not a single economist? Don't be silly, there are thousands. You may not find them in your pro globalist publications though. You may need to expand your horizons. I can't think of a single issue where all economists agree. They live to argue. Here is a pro/con article just to illustrate how each economist selectively uses costs and statistics to make their argument. Is Illegal Immigration an Economic Burden to America? - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

If you are being unbiased and honest with yourself, they both make a good case, don't they?

So what are you left with? Your own knowledge of history and common sense.
Find one then.

Not every economist agrees on every aspect of every issue. However, the vast majority certainly agree that legalization is a net positive to the US economy and will reduce federal deficits. Even the CBO agrees with that.

The article you linked was arguing whether or not the current presence of illegal immigrants is a net positive or negative to the US economy. One side highlights the various costs incurred by local, state and the federal government. The other acknowledges these costs but holds up the overall positive economic impact.

That debate is of course different from the discussion of legalization vs. deportation. In that debate, the economics are all slanted towards legalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections