Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 09:44 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You know the most interesting thing is who will finance the western Ukraine after Russia will not support it anymore, will not deliver the necessary resources? Who will allocate money for reform, and so on? EU? Maybe the U.S. have an extra $ 100 billion?Note that they should Russia almost 2 billion $ just for gas.
Just want to say I like the diversity of opinion here. Kind of like a mini-UN, eh? I like to hear all points of view (any Tatars here??...xxx's are on their homes now or is that a figment of the imagaination as no 'Russian' troops in Crimea??) Rnow...) Anyway...on to the crises initated by Mr. Putin and his minions in the Kremlin.

The US will no doubt give some money. But more to the point why is Putin apparently holding the sword of energy over the the Ukraine or for that matter the EU? If he shuts the lights well he's asking for more destabilization. And just a comment on the 'US' point of view to our pro- Russian friends. It is too bad that we cannot be friends as such as we were up to the close of the War. Alas things change.

We must understand that at this time the US is frustrated in the sense that when Russian foreign policy uniltaterally overruns borders it tends to put great pressure on how US policy reacts to that. We have the number 1 military might projected throughout the world yet for the adage that 'when you want peace one must prepare for war' all that might isn't used to the consternation of those who differ with the policies of their government and rebel.

Russia I think knows this very well therefore she moves armies into other states regardless of how the moves will be perceived by the world.. Right now Pres Obama is considered 'weak' by some here on the right. Well so is Putin in Russia itself. He cringes at so-called 'democratic' reform. They shoot putin on video hanging out with tigers. yet you know arguably his lashing out towards the Crimea and Kiev signals to me that he is a man operating in great weakness. The recent military moves are simply a cover hiding all that. rather than focusing so much ont he Ukaine and the Crmea he shoukld focus more on the everyday , workaday of the average Russian building a better life for all them and to live in peace with his neighbors. He looks to be an ancient man fighting ancient battles. Just wondering if Russia is getting the best leadership she can have.

Having oil, natural resources, energy are fine but at bottom what else is Russia exporting to the world? What are they doing to help enhance and build good,flourshing societies around our globe with their contributions. The West on that score is leaving her behind. Wev see Mr. Putin is big on geo-influence. Ok but really it looks like it is completely on the wrong things. Frankly, if the leader of a country is narcissitic well the country will be too...to their detriment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 10:33 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You better check your facts, comrade. Armed Russian troops took control of Crimean parliament, a small group of parliament members installed Aksenov as a governor. We know nothing about how that "voting" under barrel of a gun was done or if there was any "voting" at all. At first, Russian troops could not herd enough of the Crimean parliament members to make any decisions.

As for legitimacy of Yanukovich, the guy fled his office for no legitimate reason, fled his responsibilities when he was needed the most. I bet it was done not without a Russian "advice". Legitimate Ukrainian Parliament voted for Ukraine to become a Parliament Republic it was prior to 2004. As such, a speaker of Parliament (not President) is a supreme leader of nation. You question legitimacy of Ukrainian parliament too? Considering Goebbels like propaganda Russia drowns itself with, I wouldn't be surprised.

Tell me, comrade, what happened to Russia? You worship soviet victory in WWII, and yet you became a fascist state (see the definitions of fascism before objecting), you got your own Duce - Putin (nascent cult of personality is obvious for a foreign eye), you copied Goebbels propaganda and mixed that with Soviet relics, you couldn't even come up with your own invasion scenario and copied that from Hitler, Russian chauvinism and xenophobia reached obscene levels, it's seem everybody out there is to get Mother Russia, many of the Russians are crazy to the point of being willing to unleash nuclear war over "legitimate" right of Russia to grab whatever lands it feels like it at the time. There is something going on with you all, as an insider please enlighten us.
Ñêîëüêî âîéí ðàçâÿçàëè ÑØÀ (2 ÷àñòü). Îáñóæäåíèå íà LiveInternet - Ðîññèéñêèé Ñåðâèñ Îíëàéí-Äíåâíèêîâ
I can do the translation, but it would take too much space.

This is a list of wars that the US unleashed by the end of the 20th century to the present day. Look - after the collapse of the Soviet Union how many US killed and created war? how many Russia? Who then fascist? This is the answer to your question. Regarding Yakunovicha, he had to stay and be killed by terrorists seized power in the country by violence?
With regard to nuclear weapons. As far as I know that the U.S. is the only country who used it against another country. In March 1969, China attacked the Soviet Union, the United States proposes a plan to drop nuclear bombs on the whole of China. SSSR it would not even be considered.

Armed men who seized the building and the Council of Ministers of the Crimean parliament, called "representatives of self-speaking citizens of Crimea". (Вооруженные люди, которые захватили здание Совмина и Крымского парламента, назвались “представителями самообороны русскоязычных граждан Крыма”.)is not Russian troops. Do not need false statements!

Aksenov's candidacy for the post of Crimean prime minister voted 53 deputies. According to Konstantinov, Aksenov legitimately elected, met all the constitutional norms. Earlier, the Crimean parliament at an extraordinary session decided to censure the Council of Ministers of the ARC and the termination of its activities as well as Anatoly Mogilev freed from the post of chairman of the Council of Ministers of the ARC.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:33 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,141,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

The US will no doubt give some money. But more to the point why is Putin apparently holding the sword of energy over the the Ukraine or for that matter the EU? If he shuts the lights well he's asking for more destabilization. And just a comment on the 'US' point of view to our pro- Russian friends. It is too bad that we cannot be friends as such as we were up to the close of the War. Alas things change.
Why should Russia give a discount on the natural gas it exports to Ukraine if that country is adopting policies Russia sees as detrimental to its national interests. I would expect that Russia feels Ukraine is biting the hand that feeds it.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:52 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Just want to say I like the diversity of opinion here. Kind of like a mini-UN, eh? I like to hear all points of view (any Tatars here??...xxx's are on their homes now or is that a figment of the imagaination as no 'Russian' troops in Crimea??) Rnow...) Anyway...on to the crises initated by Mr. Putin and his minions in the Kremlin.

We must understand that at this time the US is frustrated in the sense that when Russian foreign policy uniltaterally overruns borders it tends to put great pressure on how US policy reacts to that. We have the number 1 military might projected throughout the world yet for the adage that 'when you want peace one must prepare for war' all that might isn't used to the consternation of those who differ with the policies of their government and rebel.

Russia I think knows this very well therefore she moves armies into other states regardless of how the moves will be perceived by the world.. Right now Pres Obama is considered 'weak' by some here on the right. Well so is Putin in Russia itself. He cringes at so-called 'democratic' reform. They shoot putin on video hanging out with tigers. yet you know arguably his lashing out towards the Crimea and Kiev signals to me that he is a man operating in great weakness. The recent military moves are simply a cover hiding all that. rather than focusing so much ont he Ukaine and the Crmea he shoukld focus more on the everyday , workaday of the average Russian building a better life for all them and to live in peace with his neighbors. He looks to be an ancient man fighting ancient battles. Just wondering if Russia is getting the best leadership she can have.

Having oil, natural resources, energy are fine but at bottom what else is Russia exporting to the world? What are they doing to help enhance and build good,flourshing societies around our globe with their contributions. The West on that score is leaving her behind. Wev see Mr. Putin is big on geo-influence. Ok but really it looks like it is completely on the wrong things. Frankly, if the leader of a country is narcissitic well the country will be too...to their detriment.
Let's get back to reality! Why Russia closes the gas supply? Who will pay for it? Any reasonable person or company will not invest their resources to an unstable government or leadership, especially if there is no law for him. I say this as a leader. As for coups, it is the work the United States, they have this really great experience (if you're interested read the link in my post above). US disappointed in Russian foreign policy. How about US foreign policy, then you catch up slander and do not pay for their own bad deeds. You tossed a look at other countries. To cover up their illegal activities in public masses. That Russian exports and manufactures, I wrote above post, if you can not explore it yourself. Putin arrives as an ancient people. Funny how Obama and Bush attacking for no reason other state? This civilized? and you do not criticize.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
You lie, comrade. You know very well who are those guys in green uniforms. You have no clue how many parliament members voted for Aksenov or if there was any vote at all, it wasn't televised, and Russian media is very truthful, as we all know, for you to pull out "53 members voted" from your imagination. Why would you deny the obvious? How a fascist state of Russia and its xenophobic citizens can fight against "fascism" in Ukraine, explain?

You didn't answered any of my questions. Assuming that simplistic propaganda list of yours is correct, and USA is evil, does it mean that it's OK for somebody to kill you just because a person on the other end of town has killed a few people too?

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-10-2014 at 11:28 AM..

Old 03-10-2014, 11:34 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
You lie, comrade. You know very well who are those guys in green uniforms. You have no clue how many parliament members voted for Aksenov or if there was any vote at all, it wasn't televised, and Russian media is very truthful, as we all know, for you to pull out "53 members voted" from your imagination. Why would you deny the obvious? How a fascist state of Russia and its xenophobic citizens can fight against "fascism" in Ukraine, explain?

You didn't answered any of my questions. Assuming that simplistic propaganda list of yours is correct, and USA is evil, does it mean that it's OK for somebody to kill you just because a person on the other end of town has killed a few people too?
You're crazy. In Russia, each family suffered from fascism in the 40s. Do not write crap. And if the Russian does not like gays, it does not mean that they are xenophobes.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Tell me, comrade, what happened to Russia? You worship soviet victory in WWII, and yet you became a fascist state (see the definitions of fascism before objecting), you got your own Duce - Putin (nascent cult of personality is obvious for a foreign eye), you copied Goebbels propaganda and mixed that with Soviet relics, you couldn't even come up with your own invasion scenario and copied that from Hitler, Russian chauvinism and xenophobia reached obscene levels, it's seem everybody out there is to get Mother Russia, many of the Russians are crazy to the point of being willing to unleash nuclear war over "legitimate" right of Russia to grab whatever lands it feels like it at the time. There is something going on with you all, as an insider please enlighten us.
The cult of personality? Tell us what is expressed.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 1,626 times
[url=http://www.politonline.ru/rssArticle/20813356.html]????? ??????? ??? ? ???????????? ????????? ?????? - ????????? - ?????-??????[/url]

Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I hope that war will not be...it needs nobody and will ruin all, if will begin.
About the European union: I much read and know that Europe uses other countries only. But Russia uses Ukraine also. And between slavonic people a long ago already there is much hatred, which will disappear not, but becomes only anymore...
Did not you think why are not Russians so loved in the world? Why people pay +30 percents for a hotel WITHOUT RUSSIANS?It is in fact . Putin divided Russia into 2 parts...
There is other Russia, but it is not seen from your government... Putin insulates Russia from the whole civilized world...Are not you terrible really? you all will suffer, and one man is guilty...

That is why if I must choose, I choose Europe. I understand that Europe will use Ukraine in the aims, and America will use also, but I do not want to live in Russia of Putin...
You write nonsense. Russian tourists do not like, not because Putin is bad. Very strange that you do not know it.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,626 times
[url=http://www.politonline.ru/rssArticle/20813356.html]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe