Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 12:55 PM

401 posts, read 534,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiri View Post
Well I meant Russians, not Ukrainians. And to answer your question. No, they do not have to change and I do not even know how to do that. The only thing I know for sure is that I am really glad that we do not share common borders anymore with people who think like that. That is my point.
You probably remember 1968 when the Russians so kindly visited your country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 01:09 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
Default labelling a whole nation has a name : racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiri View Post
I am really sorry for the Ukrainians, but at least now I know for sure that the Russians will never change. And that is why I am really glad we do not share common borders with them anymore.
"Russians will never change": change the name "Russians" by "Jews" or "Blacks" or "Germans" or "Americans" : it would be considered -and rightly so-a racist statement. So watch your thoughts, for they become words, watch your words, because they become your charachter watch your charachter for it becomes your personality.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:13 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
You mean English language sources.
And how many English language countries are not puppet states, oh, sorry, "allies" of the US?
And how many non-English language sources of information do you think are reliable sources?

Chinese, Russian,... what?

Like I said in my previous post, go ahead and use whatever source you want and whatever source you think will deliver an unbiased take on what is going on (if such thing exists at all).

Here is Spiegel Online in German. Enjoy reading! And don't ask me to translate it for you. I don't have time for that.

Roundup: Die Krim-Krise im Ãœberblick - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Old 03-04-2014, 01:15 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
Quote:
You mean English language sources.
And how many English language countries are not puppet states, oh, sorry, "allies" of the US?

You previous post about "you think majority of Ukraine people support closer tie with Europe and don't like Russia intervention" is definitely completely unbiased and NOT from a pro-America westerner's point of view too.
I could also post links to newspapers from neutral countries like Switzerland, Austria or Finland. But what's the point?

A. You wouldn't understand what's written there.
B. You'd probably insist that those countries are America's b*tch.

Why the hassle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
And how many non-English language sources of information do you think are reliable sources?

Chinese, Russian,... what?
I doubt that they are covering news about separatist movements in a foreign country.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I could also post links to newspapers from neutral countries like Switzerland, Austria or Finland. But what's the point?

A. You wouldn't understand what's written there.
B. You'd probably insist that those countries are America's b*tch.

Why the hassle?

I doubt that they are covering news about separatist movements in a foreign country.
And even if they do, how unbiased are they?

Old 03-04-2014, 01:21 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
You probably remember 1968 when the Russians so kindly visited your country.
The Soviets and other Warsaw Pact countries visited in 1968.

Czechs aligned with Russia during WW1, the Soviets visited the Czechs in WW2, Germans visited in WW2, etc.

The Czech area has been a visitor of numerous armies throughout history.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:29 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
You are thinking with your behind.
The Ukraine crisis is all over news in China, taking headlines every day.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:33 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
And even if they do, how unbiased are they?
Russia has always been a threat to China and has invaded China countless times. If you think the China-Russia relationship is as close as Canada/UK-US, you are entirely wrong. They are not friends, and China is unlikely to take a completely one-sided position in favour of Russia like the US puppet countries.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:36 PM

"20:24: More than 1,000 demonstrators took the streets of Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, today, Reuters reports. They were carrying Ukrainian flags and chanting slogans such as "I am Russia, I don't need protection".

"According to Reuters, it is the first time the demonstrators have outnumbered the pro-Russia supporters who have laid siege to some government buildings in the city since Monday, Reuters reports."

BBC News - LIVE: Ukraine crisis

Old 03-04-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I am sure BBC and CNN are the most reliable and impartial opinions on matters like this
By the way, below is a quote from the same source, I used before (BBC):

"Peter, American living in St Petersburg, Russia:emails: I have been following both Russian and American news like a hawk. While both sides are steaming up the propaganda I have found that the US media is completely out of bounds. There is no pretext to report news, only to sway public opinion. "

BBC News - LIVE: Ukraine crisis

I hope, it will make you a little happier. In any case, let me know if you have more concerns (as if I really care )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe