Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 01:46 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Russia has always been a threat to China and has invaded China countless times. If you think the China-Russia relationship is as close as Canada/UK-US, you are entirely wrong. They are not friends, and China is unlikely to take a completely one-sided position in favour of Russia like the US puppet countries.
Does this last (highlighted) sentence make sense to anybody on this forum?

From what I gathered, he is saying that US puppet countries take a completely one-sided position in favour of Russia.

I love Chinese news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 01:53 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post

From what I gathered, he is saying that US puppet countries take a completely one-sided position in favour of Russia.

I love Chinese news!
you are probably the only one entertained by your own cheap ridicule.
What are you, 12?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:20 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Russia has always been a threat to China and has invaded China countless times. If you think the China-Russia relationship is as close as Canada/UK-US, you are entirely wrong. They are not friends, and China is unlikely to take a completely one-sided position in favour of Russia like the US puppet countries.
Quote:

I love Chinese news!
He means that China will not back Russia the way that the "puppet countries" back the United States.

I guessed the same thing somewhere on these Ukrainian threads (although not the part about puppet countries lol).

Its a multi-polar world yet Washington and Moscow seem to think that they are the only countries that still matter as if we are still back in the Cold War.

I have been watching the American media and there are some American neo-cons who still want to punish the Russians because of Crimea even if the some of the Europeans do not. My question is why? Why should we be the ones to help Ukraine if the Ukraine's European neighbors do not?

I am all for collective security but I do not want the United States to have bad relations with Russia because of Crimea if the Germans go on trading with them like everything is normal.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative;33737839[B
]He means that China will not back Russia the way that the "puppet countries" back the United States.[/b]

I guessed the same thing somewhere on these Ukrainian threads (although not the part about puppet countries lol).

Its a multi-polar world yet Washington and Moscow seem to think that they are the only countries that still matter as if we are still back in the Cold War.

I have been watching the American media and there are some American neo-cons who still want to punish the Russians because of Crimea even if the some of the Europeans do not. My question is why? Why should we be the ones to help Ukraine if the Ukraine's European neighbors do not?

I am all for collective security but I do not want the United States to have bad relations with Russia because of Crimea if the Germans go on trading with them like everything is normal.
I know.

I just was making some fun.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
you are probably the only one entertained by your own cheap ridicule.

Nah. I'm sure, there are a couple of other people on this thread (maybe even Russians), chuckling.

You, though, don't seem to appreciate a good joke.

p.s. I think, we should return to the topic of this thread. Wait, what was it: The US and it's foreign policy?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
"Russians will never change": change the name "Russians" by "Jews" or "Blacks" or "Germans" or "Americans" : it would be considered -and rightly so-a racist statement. So watch your thoughts, for they become words, watch your words, because they become your charachter watch your charachter for it becomes your personality.
Noble, wise and very humane mindset.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:58 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
I thought the dispatches of Vice were quite interesting:

Russian Roulette: The Invasion of Ukraine (Dispatch Two) - YouTube

Old 03-04-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I know.
I just was making some fun.
You are trolling too much here, buddy...

Old 03-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I thought the dispatches of Vice were quite interesting:
After viewing of this video my opinion is that - all western noses must leave this artificial ukrainian-russian crisis alone. Russian and ukrainians will come to a peaceful aggreement themselves. I feel like someone desperately trying to incite ukrainians to hostility with russians.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:43 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Quote:
I think Ukrainians, Russians, and Belorussians should all get together and toss out all of these power mongers, every darn one of them. The Putins, the Tymenshenkos, the Oligarchs, the nationalists, all of them. Every one of these groups/people are exploiting the common citizen for their own interests. (wow, starting to sound like Bolshevik talk!)
Thank you for a very good overview of how you see it. I think I am getting a better 'feel' for the situation after reading intensely and viewing the posts (some are very insightful) on these threads in this minefield. I have learned much. I was born here in the US but even so I am intimately familiar with Eastern European upheaval because of my ancestral family there. I reflect things in my perception through two mirrors. I must say more and more I am tending to agree with your last sentence. Things are complicated and yes the common citizen could be played to be pulled in a few directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe