Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:24 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
[

Maybe it's true for finland, but obviously there are a lot of insecurity in sweden and germany. I don't get how you can deny this fact.
lol

finland is not safe, there is attacks all the time, news , news, even they do their all to hide them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 11:48 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,336,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Though it's obvious in this case having and using the illegal weapon was the right choice for her. I'm really surprised pepper spray is illegal, haven't heard of that before.
In Germany it is only "semi-legal", pepperspray is approved only as defence against animals, however when you act in self-defence, literally everything is allowed according to the wording of law, a judge might decide otherwise though; it is kind of a paradox, in the end you can legally use it against humans in an act of self-defence.

Germany and I suppose Western Europe in general has a totally different mindset concerning self-defence as the US, many leftists equal self-defence with arbitrary law and worse than the original offence itself. Perpetrators are favored over the victims, especially if they are Muslim migrants.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Perpetrators are favored over the victims, especially if they are Muslim migrants.

This. Amnesty should be worried of originals rights .. How anyone can make the turn that natives are kept, viewed and judged as racist so badly that for example england did not protect their own kids? Could it be that this blaming of history-card (nazi etc.) worked actually too well?

If a white person is traditional, wears traditional jewellery or clothes or loves own country and culture, that is nearly a crime..

I think there are quite few who are joining into this nazi-club and I personally got my part of the history blaming too.

So maybe it is not so big suprise at all when some people are waiting orders from judgeful worlds eyes what is acceptable to do. Kind of mental break down when they are thinking they have to take the all poo to not become viewed as nazis..

I would not take the load but I am not a queen of my country... I am volunteer to be

Old 01-28-2016, 12:20 PM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
So what? She broke the law and now a court will decide if she will get punished for it. Just like the guy who wanted to rape her will certainly get punished.

It's called "the rule of law".
But not the spirit of the law. You may go over a yellow line to avoid hitting someone with your car....it's common sense which the system in Denmark doesn't seem to be able to apply...my guess because of political correctness.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanork View Post
no reason too feel unsafe? sweden is on the brink of civil war ffs.

"Sverige kan vara i krig om några år" - di.se

god knows how many isis-cells we have here now. i don't even wanna think of how much destruction one - let alone several - coordinated attacks on swedish soil will cause.

isis isn't only talk, they have made that abundandtly clear already.

Do you have more in english?

Old 01-28-2016, 12:46 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
This. You don't break the law just because you feel like it.
I am sure while her panties were being forced down and the rapist was pressing his manhood into her loins, she was thinking, "I feel like a glass of red wine and perhaps spraying this rapist with pepper spray. I suppose I'll have the glass of wine first, then spray my attacker... no, on second thought, I'll spray my rapist first, THEN have the glass of wine. Oh, I am so fickle and silly!"

Old 01-28-2016, 01:14 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanork View Post
no reason too feel unsafe? sweden is on the brink of civil war ffs.

"Sverige kan vara i krig om några år" - di.se
Don't worry, Sveriges sak är vår.

But good. It's long due that the Swedes 'get some'.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:18 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,409 times
This can happen here too sometimes one can't defend him/herself properly as legitim defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It says: "dark-skinned English-speaking man"
You said: "possibly a Muslim refugee/immigrant" ...
Society give importance to things like this, also in the media, and this political correctness is destroying Europe, as a thread said.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:35 PM

3,890 posts, read 4,546,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
This. You don't break the law just because you feel like it.
Wow, that's pretty harsh. So rules are rules huh?

Well, I say thank goodness she had the pepper spray on her, I can't even imagine the terror she went through. Perhaps this case will prompt some serious discussion on what women can do to defend themselves and allow pepper spray or something similar. We're not even talking about a lethal weapon here.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:36 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
An assault charge I'd assume would have a much harsher punishment than an illegal weapon. It would be a bit contradictory to have an illegal weapon law and then not charge people for using their weapons in "good ways". The same combination applies in American cities that ban carrying guns and certain knives, no clue how likely someone would be prosecuted for using an illegal for self-defense in say, New York City.

In case, the penalty of 500 kroner is equivalent to $73.
Yes, that's why my issue is with the law itself, not its application in this case. But my view probably underscores the different cultural values between Europe and the US. A law like this would not pass muster in any jurisdiction in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe