Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 04:34 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
In that case it should t be the pepper spray that is illegal, but rather the situation in which it is used. Knives are legal until they're used to commit armed robbery or murder. But if someone attacks you within your home using a knife to defend yourself is perfectly fine.
At least here it's not the case. If you're carrying a knife on you without any apparent reason, it's illegal. Same thing with for example baseball bats. If you are definitely not going to play baseball, it's illegal.

Likewise you are allowed to use a knife against a burglar if he threatens you with a knife and it's absolutely necessary for self-defence. Just stabbing a person because he/she brokes into your house is not legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Don't come crying to me when that turns out to be untrue.
I won't. I have confidence in our law enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 04:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I won't. I have confidence in our law enforcement.
Law enforcement only shows up after you're raped, robbed, beaten or dead.

They're not watching over you all the time.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Law enforcement only shows up after you're raped, robbed, beaten or dead.

They're not watching over you all the time.
I would be more worried about the security situation in the US. Even after the migrant crisis it's still 100 times more dangerous over there.

Sure, there have been some very unfortunate incidents considering frustrated refugees and that has to be dealth with. But we are still talking about 1.5 million people in a continent of 500 million. Most of the EU, especially in smaller cities, you can't even see a refugee.

In any case, this debate and fearmongering has been blown completely out of any realistic and sensible proportions. We are not overrun, overflooded, our streets are not filled with bloodlusty young men hiding in every bush just waiting for victims. This is simply not the case. These incidents, rape, groping and others are isolated events.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:55 AM

Quote:
I would be more worried about the security situation in the US. Even after the migrant crisis it's still 100 times more dangerous over there.

Sure, there have been some very unfortunate incidents considering frustrated refugees and that has to be dealth with. But we are still talking about 1.5 million people in a continent of 500 million. Most of the EU, especially in smaller cities, you can't even see a refugee.

In any case, this debate and fearmongering has been blown completely out of any realistic and sensible proportions. We are not overrun, overflooded, our streets are not filled with bloodlusty young men hiding in every bush just waiting for victims. This is simply not the case. These incidents, rape, groping and others are isolated events.
Nonsense!

Old 01-29-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Nonsense!
And why?

Old 01-29-2016, 05:08 AM

Quote:
And why?
Because it is.

You have not adequately refuted a single thing your critics here have said.

Continue sticking your head in the sand.

I really don't care either way.

It's nothing less than an outrage that you defend this situation where the poor Danish girl was punished for trying to defend herself.

You just don't get it -- amazing!!

Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Because it is.

You have not adequately refuted a single thing your critics here have said.

Continue sticking your head in the sand.

I really don't care either way.

It's nothing less than an outrage that you defend this situation where the poor Danish girl was punished for trying to defend herself.

You just don't get it -- amazing!!
Really good argumentation...

Old 01-29-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Really good argumentation...
Yes, it is.

And I do it without twelve icons.

You have clearly lost this argument, with your inexcusable defense of a rapist (by claiming that his victim shouldn't have the right to defend herself).

Old 01-29-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
You have clearly lost this argument, with your inexcusable defense of a rapist (by claiming that his victim shouldn't have the right to defend herself).
It's not you who decide who wins and who lose. I haven't defended the rapist in any way. Of course the victim had the right to defend herself. Alas, she did it with an illegal weapon, and I'm not surprised that she might face a fine.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:25 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
Have she had an AK-47, the tanned molester would be a gruyere cheese by now!!!
But why Americans worry when large areas of their cities are battle zones?
What about the 500 million firearms, many in the hands of loonies and criminals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe