Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:13 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times

Advertisements

In Milwaukee from my experience the top 6 would be

1. IL
2. MN
3. MICH
4. Ohio
5. Florida
6. California

However I have seen a van from Poland with polish license plates in Milwaukee makes sense with Chicago's huge polish population and we are right next door to Chicago. I also see a lot of Mexico plates, Milwaukee has a huge Mexican population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
I've seen Italian and German plates in Germany (real, active ones and not the fake plates some people put on the front of their cars).

Last week, I saw a truck from Iran on the Autobahn in Germany.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:04 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,666,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
You might see Massachusetts in a day or two. My friend just moved out there.

Here in Boston, I've seen about all of them. I saw Wyoming today. The only one I can't really remember seeing was Hawaii.
Wyoming is a good find, as it has the lowest population of any U.S. state. We see WY in Idaho quite a bit, but seeing them in Mass is a find!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 PM

635 posts, read 1,510,093 times
I've seen Hawaii in Grotton, CT I was in the navy, but still I'll never forget those they have a rainbow on them, I thought it was a special plate for San Fran or gay pride at first. Being in the navy you find all sorts of plates from all over the country, I live in WA state but I have CT plates.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 AM

13 posts, read 27,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I've seen Italian and German plates in Germany (real, active ones and not the fake plates some people put on the front of their cars).

Last week, I saw a truck from Iran on the Autobahn in Germany.
With fake plates do you mean the ones with a small yellow area to the right? (like: http://www.occ.eu/versicherungen/kzkz.jpg (broken link))

I've never seen an east-asian or a south american license plate in Germany.
Very frequent in West-Germany are license-plates of cars from:
The Netherlands
Belgium
France
Luxembourg
Poland
UK
Denmark
Switzlerand
Austria

Frequent on trucks are:
Whole East-Europe
Turkey

Besides those I've seen plates from all countries of Europe and also from the USA and some Arabic countries (like Iran or Egypt) here.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:29 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Uh, is it really that uncommon to see far-off out-of-state plates? Because in Metro Atlanta it isn't unusual at all -- probably 1/4th of all cars you see on any given day are from somewhere else (which just further helps explain Atlanta's traffic madness). I'm sure I've seen every state and Canadian province represented on Georgia interstates at one time or another, yes including plenty of Hawaiis, Alaskas, Guams and Puerto Ricos. Even US diplomat and consulate tags! Just wondering if this is because Atlanta is such a crossroads/melting pot ... or maybe because it's the way you go to get to Florida?

Old 09-09-2011, 10:18 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
In my wife's parking lot at work in CT, you see lots of NY and NJ plates. In the New Haven area, there are regularly NY, NJ, PA, MA, RI, VT, NH plates. I've seen Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Costa Rica license plates.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Here in Military City USA, I've seen both Alaska and Hawaii. Can't think of many states I haven't seen, while living here. Maine would be one of the few.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,706 times
I saw this RV from Germany parked at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming last month.
Attached Thumbnails
Whats the farthest out of state plate you've seen?-tetons-aug-2011-107-compressed.jpg  

Old 09-10-2011, 12:18 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
I am pleased to report that I saw a JAPANESE plate on a car in Savannah today, which was a first (and no doubt a recent military reassignment). A few miles later down the road, I stopped at a traffic light and realized the car ahead of me was from NY, the car on the left from Missouri and the car on the right from Illinois -- not unusual at all for this part of the country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.