Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:51 AM

615 posts, read 1,680,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I like long hair on girls but like bobs and pixies too. What happened to shorter hair? 20 years ago most women would cut their hair shorter when they got past 40, now so many are trying to look like college girls with little success.

But what I find most shocking is how EVERY GIRL in High School or College has to have long straight hair past their shoulders. Yes, it looks pretty on most of them, but does everyone have to have the same hairstyle? It is so boring.

I have kids in a variety of High School and Colleges and when we visit my wife and I notice that ALL girls have the long straight hair to the middle of their back. Why can't they mix it up and let it go curly or try a pixie or bob? What is wrong with a little diversity in hairstyles?

* Or is it different in your hometown and there are lots of girls in High School and College with Pixies?
Not every one can wear the pixie look. You have to have a particular hair texture and face/head shape. Wouldn't look too cool if you had a peanut head; IMO. lol

Long and healthy hair is HOT!

We don't have control over other people's likes/dislikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,482,715 times
I would like to be able to pull off the pixie look. There are a lot of pros and cons to short and long hair. Long hair lets me decide to style it anyway I want - in a bun, ponytail, long braid, etc., but it is a mess in the summertime. Short hair is easy to maintain, keeps hair off your shoulders when it's hot, you can still style short hair in a lot of ways. I like long hair because I'm usually frozen in the winter and it helps keep me warm. I have seriously thought about cutting my hair though....

Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,840,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Longer hair is sexy. I have thought that for 30+ years. Styles come and go, and I am going to enjoy this style while it lasts.

What isn't sexy to me, however, is when people use those straight irons to flatten and straighten it. I think that looks stupid.
I love long, straight, shiny hair. It looks so silky and pretty.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM

19,008 posts, read 29,821,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I love long, straight, shiny hair. It looks so silky and pretty.
<Wolf whistles>

Hey, is hitting on the moderator allowed??

Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,840,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
<Wolf whistles>

Hey, is hitting on the moderator allowed??
Oh Antji, you know it could never work between us. I bake a lot and you'd lose your 28" waist. Boobs and long hair aren't everything.

Unless you are referring to Rita Mordio ... then I concur. She is pretty cute.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:04 PM

15,906 posts, read 21,550,304 times
The fascination with long hair is sort of frustrating. People assume I'm a lesbian because my hair is quite short - and often make comments to that regard to my face. I had to shave my hair when I began 6 months of chemo and it will take years for my hair to grow back to where it was (a bit longer than shoulder length). Right now I think it looks cute.. it's about 2 1/2 inches long and looks great with a headband. Still - it's frustrating to be 23 and already feel undesirable due to cancer.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:16 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,582,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Why would women who have never touched a roller since 1972 suddenly start to set their hair just because they reach a certain age?

And superior hair coloring technology has made blue hair a thing of the past.
The older senior citizen women....80 and up, often still get their hair tightly curled. 80 or 82 seems to be the cut off age. The younger 'seniors' (below 80) simply get it short and layered, but they do not curl it.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:24 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,427,462 times
shorter hair is also hard to pull off right from my experience . You have to be attractive enough for this and longer hair helps compensate for this and draws attention away from the face.
I have always been a long hair fan and never dated otherwise. One time I had blind date with a girl who had a buzz cut. It was a shame cause she was nice looking..

Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,930,320 times
I absolutely love long hair on a women. Being able to play, smell and caress a women's hair while being intimate is almost a must.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM

42,087 posts, read 75,575,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The older senior citizen women....80 and up, often still get their hair tightly curled. 80 or 82 seems to be the cut off age. The younger 'seniors' (below 80) simply get it short and layered, but they do not curl it.
Unless your my mom and her friends who, in their mid-70s, still wear their hair a la Jackie Kennedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care