Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2021, 09:13 PM

240 posts, read 322,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeita89 View Post
to be honest with you I believe you will get called soon latest by October *** praying&fingers crossed***
Akeita89 You were spot on! Got the call last week and, have compiled everything. I plan on submitting Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 10:02 PM

52 posts, read 63,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLNYC1 View Post
Akeita89 You were spot on! Got the call last week and, have compiled everything. I plan on submitting Thursday.
Yay !!!!

Old 10-21-2021, 10:31 AM

12 posts, read 13,452 times
I would like to give an update on my process sending all my documents and everything since July going back and forth today I called asking for update the women on the phone told me They are waiting for a 1 bedroom to be available I’m sure I remember someone here saying there was no more one-bedrooms available she didn’t say I was denied either so I’m on a waitlist I’m assuming till something becomes available

Old 10-21-2021, 10:57 AM

Just sent in my docs. I had to send it in 2 different emails but, got a verification # for each of them. I tried to compile specific documents into 1 pdf, like paystubs, taxes, ID's, bank statements, etc. I'm going for a 2 bedroom so, hopefully they have some of those available if approved.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:22 PM

151 posts, read 200,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkchilles View Post
I would like to give an update on my process sending all my documents and everything since July going back and forth today I called asking for update the women on the phone told me They are waiting for a 1 bedroom to be available I’m sure I remember someone here saying there was no more one-bedrooms available she didn’t say I was denied either so I’m on a waitlist I’m assuming till something becomes available
I'm also waiting for a 1 bedroom to become available. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I don't suppose they gave ANY indication of how long the wait would be? Or any other info?

Old 10-21-2021, 08:55 PM

12 posts, read 13,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
I'm also waiting for a 1 bedroom to become available. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I don't suppose they gave ANY indication of how long the wait would be? Or any other info?

Nope the women just told me that I have to wait till something becomes available and they if someone with a higher income is waiting they will get the one bedroom first that’s all

Old 10-22-2021, 05:34 AM

269 posts, read 335,351 times
Quote:
Nope the women just told me that I have to wait till something becomes available and they if someone with a higher income is waiting they will get the one bedroom first that’s all
I heard the same thing about the next 1BR a few weeks ago. I assume a lot of people are "next" - they must process apartments and applications in batches.

Old 10-22-2021, 07:52 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,586,858 times
Here's the latest Stuy Town email blast from the manager, and I'm posting it because a) I'm surprised Stuy Town is still showing movies on the Oval and b) I'm glad to see they're beefing up the security force.

And for those of you with kids, the Halloween festivities are always fun, and they're added an event for adults! The River Room, which you can rent for parties, doesn't look very high end, but I haven't seen it in person.

https://mailchi.mp/6dcf1b5853f5/hall...e?e=5d639cd83a

Last edited by macnyc2003; 10-22-2021 at 08:26 AM..

Old 10-22-2021, 03:52 PM

151 posts, read 200,451 times
Quote:
I didn't think it worked that way, by income. I thought it was just based on your log number.

And thanks Mac, for sharing the info!

Old 10-22-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Here's the latest Stuy Town email blast from the manager, and I'm posting it because a) I'm surprised Stuy Town is still showing movies on the Oval and b) I'm glad to see they're beefing up the security force.

And for those of you with kids, the Halloween festivities are always fun, and they're added an event for adults! The River Room, which you can rent for parties, doesn't look very high end, but I haven't seen it in person.

https://mailchi.mp/6dcf1b5853f5/hall...e?e=5d639cd83a
mac as you're always in the know can you tell us the difference between a regular apartment and a junior? Looking on the stuytown.com website, it shows both but not very descriptive. Am I correct in assuming that a regular has more square footage than a junior? Also, do you know what the lottery apartments are? Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery