Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2023, 08:33 PM

4,786 posts, read 6,607,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbeara View Post
I just spoke to Mr Johnson, the personal who handle the lease signing. So basically even we accept/ turn down this offer I can still apply for another one from the lottery if there’s one.
But then the home tour will not be available before I sign the lease since the apt still under renovation, most likely will be after we sign the lease. He cannot give me the building floor plan but saying I could look it up online. The apt number is 0MH but it’s actually on 2nd floor.
When I asked about the rent stabilization, he said he didnot see any lawsuit against it so far so it will still be.
I really love the location and community.. but yeah, the price is the main factor that bothers me.

So I figured out where in the building you would be. I don’t want to post specifics on a public bulletin board, but please message me if you like.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 08-23-2023 at 08:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 06:41 AM

134 posts, read 86,317 times
2 BED
1 BATH
952 SQFT.

$2,943.11 12 month

$2,991.58 24 month

1 Stuyvesant Oval, NY

Available Now

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=twQVLKHKdod

Old 08-24-2023, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerynewinNYC View Post
2 BED
1 BATH
952 SQFT.

$2,943.11 12 month

$2,991.58 24 month

1 Stuyvesant Oval, NY

Available Now

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=twQVLKHKdod

I was finally able to submit my application for a two-bedroom apartment! It's been a three-month journey I think, and this marks my second attempt. Unfortunately, I wasn't the first in line for the first unit I applied for. Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly this time!

Old 08-24-2023, 06:46 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,607,582 times
Wow, that is a bargain! Great location on the Oval, and with the 2021 "lottery finish." Not fancy, but very nice.

Verynew, did you manage to get in an application for this one? If so, congrats, and best of luck!

Old 08-24-2023, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Wow, that is a bargain! Great location on the Oval, and with the 2021 "lottery finish." Not fancy, but very nice.

Verynew, did you manage to get in an application for this one? If so, congrats, and best of luck!
I did! And I also got the confirmation email from Stuytown! I'm not a fan of the finish—my current unit is in better shape, but this one has two bedrooms and a lower price, AND a nicer location. I think a lottery is my only chance to upgrade to a 2 bd so I'm really really hoping this will go well.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:01 AM

I just realized this 2 bd unit was the one posted on July 4—and it's the one I really cried about for weeks. I missed it the first time. I was minutes away from starting the refresh-mania!

Old 08-24-2023, 07:02 AM

283 posts, read 284,089 times
Congratulations on getting on the lottery. It went within like first 5 minutes of announcement. Good luck.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
Congratulations on getting on the lottery. It went within like first 5 minutes of announcement. Good luck.
Thank you, Sabavoon! I wish you the best of luck as well. I hope you've already submitted an application for a good one-bedroom deal.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerynewinNYC View Post
I just realized this 2 bd unit was the one posted on July 4—and it's the one I really cried about for weeks. I missed it the first time. I was minutes away from starting the refresh-mania!
I just realized that the lottery team are listing the units well before all candidates are verified. Likely at least one candidate is slow in applying or does not qualify. But since it's a re-listing, it means my chances may not be very high.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:17 AM

283 posts, read 284,089 times
I have not submitted application. After clicking on submit button twice, i found out I wasnt fast enough to be in the three people. I am in refreshing the screen game right now. Fingers crossed, I will get one of these ones. They are very big compared to other housing lottery units and will be amazing to live in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery