Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 08:01 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times

Advertisements

Just back from a wonderful week in North Wildwood NJ. Only one rainy day - Thursday - but the balcony of the condo (overlooking the beach) was a good place to sit and admire the raindrops on the waves.

Walked to the Hereford Lighthouse several times. Enjoyed sitting in the peaceful gardens surrounding the lighthouse and hats off!! to the volunteer(s) who keep the grounds so beautiful.

Didn't make it to the Boardwalk at all this year, but the little girls did and reported back to me each time.

We found a new (to us) breakfast restaurant, Samuel's, and it is a must-go for good food, big portions, and great service. There's a candy/gift shop affiliated so you can get your sweet on and shop for souvenirs (if you do that).

The Cape May Zoo was, as always, a nice way to spend an afternoon. Free admission (although they do ask for a donation) and the animals are, for the most part, out in the open-air so none of that stinky smell. No, they aren't mingling with visitors, but they aren't all in cages, either. You should go.

Some damage from Sandy, but overall, the Wildwoods were spared the brunt of the storm and pretty much everything is up and running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 AM

217 posts, read 334,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Just back from a wonderful week in North Wildwood NJ. Only one rainy day - Thursday - but the balcony of the condo (overlooking the beach) was a good place to sit and admire the raindrops on the waves.

Walked to the Hereford Lighthouse several times. Enjoyed sitting in the peaceful gardens surrounding the lighthouse and hats off!! to the volunteer(s) who keep the grounds so beautiful.

Didn't make it to the Boardwalk at all this year, but the little girls did and reported back to me each time.

We found a new (to us) breakfast restaurant, Samuel's, and it is a must-go for good food, big portions, and great service. There's a candy/gift shop affiliated so you can get your sweet on and shop for souvenirs (if you do that).

The Cape May Zoo was, as always, a nice way to spend an afternoon. Free admission (although they do ask for a donation) and the animals are, for the most part, out in the open-air so none of that stinky smell. No, they aren't mingling with visitors, but they aren't all in cages, either. You should go.

Some damage from Sandy, but overall, the Wildwoods were spared the brunt of the storm and pretty much everything is up and running.
So glad to hear that Wildwood was pretty much spared from Sandy. We have been going to Wildwood every year since the early 80s. My wife loves that Lighthouse with the beautiful gardens too. So much has changed over the years there. This year is the first that we didn't make it there as we have been so busy looking for a summer home in the Poconos. We live on LI so we have the beach any time we want, although the kids miss the Boardwalk and rides.(who am I kidding I miss it too )

Old 08-04-2013, 01:19 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
So happy to hear you had a good getaway theatergpsy!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:39 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Just back from a wonderful week in North Wildwood NJ.
Every time I go that far into NJ I don't stop! I have to get a few miles off the coast with a rod in my hands! Preferably not during a storm like Sandy!

I haven't been over there to go fishing for some time; but I'm starting to get an itch.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:39 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
I came back a few weeks ago. Many of the posts lately have been about the Pocono area which I know very little about. What happened to matildaloo?

Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
Quote:
We found a new (to us) breakfast restaurant, Samuel's, and it is a must-go for good food, big portions, and great service.
If you haven't tried this place ...a little drive ...it's pretty good esp for breakfast (though may be too crowded at peak times...dunno ...we go off season). Clary's Country Corner Restaurant, Cape May Court House - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I came back a few weeks ago. Many of the posts lately have been about the Pocono area which I know very little about. What happened to matildaloo?
Matilda said she had enough and left! We tried to get her to come back - but got no reply. Many of us enjoyed her post and were sorry to see her go. Riverside has also been on sabbatical or gave up?

Were have you been? Anyway; I'm glad you are back.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
If you haven't tried this place ...a little drive ...it's pretty good esp for breakfast (though may be too crowded at peak times...dunno ...we go off season). Clary's Country Corner Restaurant, Cape May Court House - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor
Thanks for the tip. I'll put it in the Vacation Folder for next Summer. With so many places available, it's hard to keep track of the ones we enjoyed; the pricey ones; the ones with a not-so-clean atmosphere.

Nino's was hit by Sandy (North WW) and has not yet reopened there, although their place in CMCH is still open. I hope to check them both out next trip.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:19 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,954,370 times
Reading certain posts this am has really chapped my arse! LOl Hope everyone has a good day!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Reading certain posts this am has really chapped my arse! LOl Hope everyone has a good day!
Great idea for a new product! Chapped arse sticks in the little baskets at the checkout counters! Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania