Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 04:57 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
"Hater" talking.

A Saint? Now I've heard it all on this topic. A woman who cheated on her spouse and started a relationship with another man while married, not even seperated, but married is a SAINT?

Again, genders switched, you all would be calling this person something that starts with "s" and it definitely ain't saint.

From the child's position, I'd have plenty of contempt for both of them personally. But I can see where the mom would bear the brunt of the blame since she decided to return wrong actions with a wrong action.
So 18 years of wrong actions and disrespecting his wife and vows is the least of the offenses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 04:58 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So 18 years of wrong actions and disrespecting his wife and vows is the least of the offenses?
From where I sit they are even and both deserving of high contempt.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
But you just said the mom would bear the brunt of your contempt.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
But you just said the mom would bear the brunt of your contempt.
No I didn't.

Quote:
But I can see where the mom would bear the brunt of the blame since she decided to return wrong actions with a wrong action.
Difference between "I can see where" and "she would."

In her position, she repaid a bad action with a bad action, which some can say shows more malice.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
No I didn't.

Difference between "I can see where" and "she would."

In her position, she repaid a bad action with a bad action, which some can say shows more malice.

Why then can you see why the mom would bear the brunt? How is it more malicious to respond after being treated poorly for years and years?

Responding to disrespect is somehow worse than the original disrespect?

Old 10-02-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Why then can you see why the mom would bear the brunt? How is it more malicious to respond after being treated poorly for years and years?

Responding to disrespect is somehow worse than the original disrespect?
Let me illustrate this.

You leave your home open, someone breaks in and steals something from you. After the danger is gone, you go out and break into their home, go to get that something back and then decide to beat them up out of malice.

That person who stole out of your home would be guilty of burglary, you would be guilty of burglary and battery.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Let me illustrate this.

You leave your home open, someone breaks in and steals something from you. After the danger is gone, you go out and break into their home, go to get that something back and then decide to beat them up out of malice.

That person who stole out of your home would be guilty of burglary, you would be guilty of burglary and battery.
Yes,because the first is one crime, the second is two crimes. What does that have to do with anything?

Old 10-02-2016, 05:46 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,942,367 times
Quote:
But you sit on the single side of the aisle. If you've never married, you can't say you would never have cheated, or that you could handle 16 years of duty without love. It's easy to pass judgment, much harder to stick to a marriage vow when your spouse checks out.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Yes,because the first is one crime, the second is two crimes. What does that have to do with anything?
The person who did the second crime would be looking at more adverse consequences because they added a violent crime with malice to a nonviolent crime the first one did.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
The person who did the second crime would be looking at more adverse consequences because they added a violent crime with malice to a nonviolent crime the first one did.
Again, what does that have to do with the OP's situation? She did not add a violent crime in response to a crime of any kind being committed against her.

Both parents behaved poorly. I personally belive taking advantage of your spouse for 18 years is showing far more disrespect to the marriage than an affair under those circumstance. In the end they were both wrong, so time to just move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting